Author Topic: Heath Care for Washington Federal Employees  (Read 483 times)

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Heath Care for Washington Federal Employees
« on: February 22, 2011, 06:59:13 AM »
I think it would be a good idea if each state provided (or sold) health insurance for the reps and senators, their aids, etc.  Let the people who are suppose to represent us, get the same treatment as their home state employees do.  For that matter, make IL provide insurance for the Obamas.  Even a supreme court justice has a home state.

Would this put federal employees in a slightly better tough with their home districts?  They could forfiet their federal retirement and get a state pension as well.

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
Re: Heath Care for Washington Federal Employees
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 09:25:25 AM »
That's an interesting idea ... would you consider the same for military? Might not work because they're seldom assigned to their home state. Probably for NG folks though.

That would also keep the Fed from overstepping their consitutional boundaries, or should I say push them back into their boundaries.
held fast

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:21:01 AM »
I think I would omit the military since they are normally away from home and might someday need VA services.  Let's just apply the concept to the people we SEND to Washington and their staffs.

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 01:35:10 PM »
Wouldn't it be amazing if the States saw HC as yet another way for them to compete against each other in the Republic, as opposed to demanding somebody else fix it for them? That might have a chance to happen if your idea picks up.
held fast