Author Topic: Max Loads for 8 mm and 416 rem mag  (Read 505 times)

Offline lsjonsson

• Trade Count: (0)
Max Loads for 8 mm and 416 rem mag
« on: February 24, 2011, 01:38:20 AM »
I have been helped by a friend to take these charges by using the quick load program. Me and my friend started to load these cartridges 3 gr below peak load. These charges are made on the Swift A-Frame and Wood Leigh bullets. I have test fired these charges also.

Can I hear your arguments on this point of view on the copper bullets. Are There Any of you who Have Such experience???

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/lsjonsson53/Loads8mmand416remmag.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/lsjonsson53/Loads416remmag.jpg

I hope you understand my translation from Swedish to English.

:)
/Stefan

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go a little past them into the impossible.
/ Arthur C. Clarke"

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Max Loads for 8 mm and 416 rem mag
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 05:47:06 AM »
dont know about you but i doubt to many shoot a 8mm mag enough to wear out a barrel with any load or bullet. I think your shoulder would need work before the gun.
blue lives matter

Offline lsjonsson

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 05:44:18 PM »
dont know about you but i doubt to many shoot a 8mm mag enough to wear out a barrel with any load or bullet. I think your shoulder would need work before the gun.

Can you explain a little clearer with what you mean? I did not understand the entire contents of the text and I could not find any good translation of those words either.
/Stefan

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go a little past them into the impossible.
/ Arthur C. Clarke"

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 11:18:27 PM »
I own an 8mag and its just not a gun im going to go out and shoot 200 rounds a day out of. For the most part i shoot it to work up loads and then it sits until i hunt with it. Shooting one like that your never going to wear a barrel out. Now something like a 223 or 22250 that is taken prarie dog hunting and gets a couple hundred rounds a day shot out of it might someday need to be rebarreled. But to be honest ive never worn a barrel out in any rifle. What i meant to say is your shoulder takes enough of a pounding shooting full power 8mag ammo that it keeps most of us from shooting one enough to actually wear it out.
blue lives matter

Offline lsjonsson

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 07:01:13 AM »
I own an 8mag and its just not a gun im going to go out and shoot 200 rounds a day out of. For the most part i shoot it to work up loads and then it sits until i hunt with it. Shooting one like that your never going to wear a barrel out. Now something like a 223 or 22250 that is taken prarie dog hunting and gets a couple hundred rounds a day shot out of it might someday need to be rebarreled. But to be honest ive never worn a barrel out in any rifle. What i meant to say is your shoulder takes enough of a pounding shooting full power 8mag ammo that it keeps most of us from shooting one enough to actually wear it out.

Hi!

Ok! It neither do I! I also have a Husqvarna 1900 in caliber 308 Win that I have to scorer at the shooting range. 8mm rem mag, I only have to hunt and still have no game has been lost to me with the caliber. I have also shot with the +300 m on the moose and it has fallen.
Ok! I have not worn out a barrel for any gun. Ok! Now I understand what you mean.

/Stefan

/ Arthur C. Clarke"