Author Topic: Why We are Ruined  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Why We are Ruined
« on: February 24, 2011, 06:09:51 AM »
"And I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies; and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale" ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Pat/Rick

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Why We are Ruined
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 06:14:32 AM »
Quite probably one of the most accuratly profound statements ever made.

Offline FourBee

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 07:50:29 AM »
.     .      .

.                                                                                          sin
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 11:10:30 AM »
"And I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies; and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale" ~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Yep, starting with the Federal Reserve (the bankers bank). They cause the booms and busts along with the destruction of the value of our money. Since their creation in 1913, the dollar  has lost 98% of it's value. They rob the peoples wealth by printing more money and giving it to the government who spends it before it becomes devalued. How long before it loses 100% of it's value and what will you do?
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 01:00:53 PM »
From Wiki:

Henny Penny, also known as Chicken Licken or Chicken Little, is a fable in the form of a cumulative tale about a chicken who believes the world is coming to an end. The phrase The sky is falling! features promininently in the story, and has passed into the English language as a common idiom indicating a hysterical or mistaken belief that disaster is imminent.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 01:16:08 PM »
mistaken belief that disaster is imminent.

That's just it....I'm not mistaken.

"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 02:04:40 PM »
From Wiki:

Henny Penny, also known as Chicken Licken or Chicken Little, is a fable in the form of a cumulative tale about a chicken who believes the world is coming to an end. The phrase The sky is falling! features promininently in the story, and has passed into the English language as a common idiom indicating a hysterical or mistaken belief that disaster is imminent.

... and yet you offer no alternative interpretation of current events. There's another fable about glass houses.
held fast

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 02:26:34 PM »
In 1913 a $20 goldpiece (1 oz) or a $20 bill would buy you two suits of clothes. 

Today $20 will probably only buy you a pair of socks.  One oz of gold will still buy you two suits of clothes. 

So our money has become worth less without gold backing.  The Federal Reserve should never have been created.  Our money would still be worth the same as 100 years ago.

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 03:24:54 PM »
From Wiki:

I forget the name of the fable where the country borrows beyond its means and then all the citizens are left living a third world lifestyle... It'll come to me.  The story was set in some South American country. Come on guys you know the one I'm thinking about.  Maybe it was post WWI Germany, dang I can't think of it. Help me out here, I'm starting to feel dumb. Greece that was the place definitely and just a few months ago wasn't it? or was it Spain ...several times.

Well anyway the moral of the story was Yosemite was too big to put in a ship and send to China. So they evicted the citizens and moved into our pristine country and started drilling for oil, The End
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline Gary G

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 04:01:35 PM »
In 1913 a $20 goldpiece (1 oz) or a $20 bill would buy you two suits of clothes. 

Today $20 will probably only buy you a pair of socks.  One oz of gold will still buy you two suits of clothes. 

So our money has become worth less without gold backing.  The Federal Reserve should never have been created.  Our money would still be worth the same as 100 years ago.

You are on the money Dixie Dude.
Actually, because of innovation (computer, etc) resulting in increased productivity, the dollar should buy more now if it were not for the Federal Reserve. Our standard of living would be much higher and there would be fewer poor people.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline mauser98us

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
  • 10 mm junkie and Whelan wacko
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 04:44:26 PM »
When I started using Copehagen Snuff in 1970 it was 18 cents a can . I see it's near $5.00 now. That's inflation

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 04:46:25 PM »
Gary and Dixie you are right on the money. A 90% silver dollar has enough value to buy the equal amount or more of goods today as it did in 1900. This counterfeit unbacked paper crap they are passing is getting more worthless every day.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 04:49:34 PM »
Empty Quiver,  Argentina.   If the US dollar falls out of favor as the global trade currency, we have a very good chance of repeating what happened in Argentina. Alot of folks are not aware of the Argentine problem, we were dealing with something about airplanes and the trade center in NY at the time. Argentina didn't exactly make it to the front page then.
http://www.masterjules.net/cryargentina.htm
http://www.alpharubicon.com/survpage/argentinerevolutionneedleman.htm

Our nation is on the fast track to repeat what happened there.Fiat currency is only good, for as long as the people have faith in it.

Junior, there's also a fable about an ostrich. Something about some sand and its head.

Offline magooch

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 04:40:32 AM »
Meanwhile, I'm still running my paper money cleanup service.  Send me all you've got and I will dispose of it properly.  I'll even send you some precious metal in return.  Trust me.
Swingem