Author Topic: Just be patient, the truth will often come out...  (Read 2907 times)

Offline Mike38

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Just be patient, the truth will often come out...
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2011, 11:35:52 AM »
OKay,,,I'm convinced.....disband public schools immediately. All education is at the parents expense,,,same with HC insurance...problems solved. Pay as you go... a very capital idea.

..TM7

That would be fine with me! 60% of my real estate bill is for schools. My state and federal income tax could be lowered also. The money that would suddenly be in my wallet could go straight to the school of my choice. 

Offline Gary G

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2011, 12:01:24 PM »
OKay,,,I'm convinced.....disband public schools immediately. All education is at the parents expense,,,same with HC insurance...problems solved. Pay as you go... a very capital idea.

..TM7
That would certainly make students, parents and teachers more accountable and more responsible for the product. What we currently have is not doing a very good job. Your solution worked for Jefferson and Franklin; two of the smartest men that I have read about. Jefferson could speak, read and write in English, French, Italian, German, Latin, Greek and some knowledge of Gaelic and various Indian dialects. He grew up on a farm in the wilderness, but being the oldest child was sent to a private teacher. Franklin's dad was poor (he made candles) and could only send him a couple of years, one for reading- writing and another year for mathematics.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a nice old house near me. It was built by the community for a husband/wife team of educators that they wanted to keep here. The old school is still standing and it too was built by the community. Today it is used as a residence. These two teachers taught all students grade one through nine.  My mother received a very adequate education there.

When you get any planning too far from the source, it's quality deteriorates.

The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2011, 01:39:46 AM »
Gary says;

"When you get any planning too far from the source, it's quality deteriorates."

Ironglow says;

There is a lot of truth in that one, short line !  Most "problems" could best be solved at a local level.  Education is best served at a state or even local level..as intended byu the writers of the Constitution.  Welfare could be best administered by local authorities who likely know best, who REALLY needs it !
   The government hands out many cash grants...people in the local area would know better if it were truly deserved, than Washington DC ever could !
  Penalties for graft and corruption should be dramatically raised; there is no excuse for that crap !

Liberals, plus other control freaks & communists like "central planning" but  it never works that well..

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)