Author Topic: Gold Rush Alaska on discovery!!!  (Read 7450 times)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Gold Rush Alaska on discovery!!!
« on: February 25, 2011, 05:17:16 PM »
Great show but some of the dumbest people in the world on that show.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
Re: Gold Rush Alaska on discovery!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 05:28:58 PM »
Thankfully the biggest idiot went home and is gone for good. The guy with the reddish hair, big beard and really cute wife. He was a moron.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline prospector86

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 04:47:16 AM »
Yea, now they just need to learn how to look for gold. Then they'll be alright.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 04:55:06 AM »
lol
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 05:08:15 AM »
Watching the show last night I think they lost their lease on that spot and are heading to the Yukon. These folks seemed like they we not very well organised as well as inexperienced.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 06:20:14 PM »
At the end of the season cleanup they had a bottle with 18oz so they said only problem. it was on camera when they were putting the "Gold" in the bottle. It was half black sand so a real cleanup will cut their weight way down. Hopefully T.V. Show is paying enough to cover them cause if it aint they are going hungry.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 02:06:10 AM »
You noticed all the black sand to Tman.  The thing I noticed was these guys were very unorganised and didn't seem to have any business and management experience. I'd like to see what Dakota pulls out of that hole next year.

Offline Macthediver

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 05:44:17 AM »
With all the information available now days on site like this one and others. I don't know how these guys can seems so dumb about what their doing. I have to agree with others commenting on other mining sites. These guys are just making drama for the camera. They seem to waste a ton of time and have all these imaginary dead lines.
I've only ever panned specks of gold from creeks here in WI where there is very little to find. I don't think I know squat about minning at the scale they tried to. But I think if I looked over a local sand and gravel plant I could do better setting up than they did. I also think in the time they messed with their machinery I could have collected just as much or more gold with a pan and a shovel.
But it is entertaining to watch and that is what Discovery channel is looking for.

Mac
"Never Forget Which Way Is Up!"

Offline mannyrock

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 07:15:48 PM »
    Pathetically dumb.  I really feel sorry for their families. 

And, they waited until the bitter end to call in real experts for free advice, which automatically started producing results.  How dumb was that?

Offline RemingtonMagnum

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 08:00:15 PM »
Hi Folks

Stop a minute go back and actually observe the whole in the earth they have made. That is a lot of dirt mega buckets. I actually believe they would have more gold panning than they do with all the equipment. It just does not add up that is a life time of dirt moved. Where did they put all the castings? Unless someone if financing the deal why would you want to return. I know they are at the Mother Load.

There is a lot of controversial information on line about this series's and some of it makes you stop and think.

It was a lot of fun watching all the work.

Don Jackson  Remington Magnum/Ultramag

Offline prospector86

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 10:16:11 PM »
So has anyone heard if they are doing another season or not? Haven't been watching to much on discovery as of late.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 04:14:06 AM »
I think they are going to be mining in s different place this year.

Offline prospector86

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 09:58:23 PM »
Been watching the discovery channel and it has started to show these guys agian in advertisment, Looks like we'll be watching them agian. Seems like a  new claim though. anyone else see the previews?

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 08:25:35 AM »
Season 2 airs Friday October 28 at 8PM eastern, with an off season show followed by the premier.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/gold-rush-alaska/

Offline reliquary

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 04:12:41 AM »
THEY'RE BAAACK!  We watched the first two episodes last night.  It looks interesting enough that I will at least tape the new episodes and watch them during the political debates and Presidential news conferences.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 08:22:24 AM »
It appears that they have lost the porkupine claim. I think Fred will do a much better job than they did. Poor orginization was a big thing with those fellows. I hope they show what Fred pulls out of there.

Offline reliquary

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 12:37:36 PM »
Of course, to keep the ratings up and make the show last the viewing season, they floated from one crisis to the other, and most of the crises were of their own manufacture. 

I did enough recreational prospecting and saw enough commercial mining operations in AK while stationed there to realize that this bunch of bumblers is a disaster waiting to happen.  Which makes for good viewing.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 06:52:22 AM »
i've never mined...but i have done quite a bit of excavating.   i will tell you guys, i would physically beat the hell out of any operator who didnt take instruction from the ground guide; and they would be removed from ever operating equipment under my control.   dont care if it was my dad or not, that old coot would have gotten knocked out.    i have seen him time after time do things i would have beaten him for; and yet they continue to let him operate.   crazy to me.   i would never work with some of those people. 
   another thing i noticed.....these idjits only brought one section of hose for their pump....what a bunch of imbeciles.   

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 07:53:46 AM »
I have to believe this whole show is strictly made for TV with no real expectation of actually finding anything for real.  Like Myronman3, anyone who doesn't pay attention to the ground man when using heavy equipment comes out of the saddle at the speed of light if I'm the guy on the ground.  After working as a millwright and rigger for so many years I can give you a list of guys that will attest to just that.  There's just too much ineptitude for this show to be real. ::)

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 09:28:33 AM »
  you are probably right about the gold being an after thought.   you know these guys struck gold; just not the yellow kind that comes out of the ground.   

Offline Micahn

• Avid Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 03:28:39 AM »
Now I am not saying anyone would be dishonest or anything, But the whole everyone waiting around while 1 guy closes himself into a tent to see how much they have would not fly with me at all. If it was my families well being at stake i would be right there watching like a hawk every step of the way.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 04:01:22 PM »
It is an entertaining show, except for all the commercials. That said I think Parker and Dakota will find alot more gold than the Hoffmans. I was hoping the old man was gone tonight. That old mule head is dangerous to say the least. At least the Hoffman children are getting gold.

Offline jdt48653

• Contributor
  • walk softly and carry a 264
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 02:20:01 PM »
its good intertainment,but its a reality show,not entirely real.
no one could have that much trouble all the time,its built into
the script.

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 04:33:44 PM »
Dakota is put out there like the big dog with all the experience and smarts.
I tried to watch the show last night and got disgusted and turned the TV off. Big shot Dakota is "running" the trackhoe and they are going to drag the old wash plant away. But there is a big pile of tailings in front of it in the direction he wanted to drag it. Instead of using the hoe to move the pile out of the way and making a smooth place to drag the wash plant on, he makes this dumb laborer wrestle a big chain over the pile and hassle to connect it to the wash plant and hoe bucket. Then the show tries to build up the tension by talking about breaking the chain, then break for a comercial. I couldn't believe it. The moron is trying to pull the plant through or over (?) the big pile of tailings instead of taking a couple of minutes to knock it down and out of the way. And Dakota is supposed to be the smart one? I don't think watching really stupid people is entertainment.
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 06:14:47 PM »
Wafchng stupid is enretaining. If this were not fake MSHA woukd shut em down!!! If anyone else here has delt wit MSHA they know it is true.

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 07:44:23 PM »
Wafchng stupid is enretaining. If this were not fake MSHA woukd shut em down!!! If anyone else here has delt wit MSHA they know it is true.

Good point about MSHA. I just got aggravated watching it. They make such a big deal over little stuff like tail rolling equipment onto a trailer and all. Either they are trying to make it more interesting or they are really worm bit. Or both. Must be the way they portray them in the show. That one guy left the family bussiness that he grew up in that does that kind of work and he's supposted to be an engineer. He couldn't be that dumb. So it must be a setup by the show's producers. Makes me nervous and agitated watching them. For some reason the bank teller, (young woman), at the bank awhile back brought up the show. Even she thought they were goofballs. And she knows nothing about that kind of stuff. I'm probably just wound too tight to be entertained by it......................... :o
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 04:11:19 AM »
This program will have a short life.  I've already grown frustrated and tired.  Nothing wrong with the concept.  A good gold mining program should be a hit.  I just want to shoot the cast of characters starting with the old man in the white beard with the high voice.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2011, 06:14:06 AM »
It appears that they have lost the porkupine claim. I think Fred will do a much better job than they did. Poor orginization was a big thing with those fellows. I hope they show what Fred pulls out of there.

I hope Fred goes belly up.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2011, 07:46:12 AM »
Why Shootall? Todd missed a lease payment he screwed it up big time. The lease owner gets a percentage of the gold. Would you want to have that agreement with the bumbling Hoffmans?

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2011, 02:18:37 AM »
even my son saw where they tried to drag the wash plant through the pile of tailings, and HE knew that was idiotic....and he is 10 and has never been around excavating equipment.   when he asked why they didnt use the hoe to move the dirt, i could only tell him the truth "because they are complete and utter morons.  if you see people acting like that in real life, get away from them as fast as you can because they WILL get you killed."