Author Topic: Pardner Pump 28 inch barrel making it shorter?  (Read 2273 times)

Offline fibercarbon

• Trade Count: (0)
Pardner Pump 28 inch barrel making it shorter?
« on: March 02, 2011, 07:18:22 AM »
I got the all black PardnerŪ Pump-Synthetic from wal-mart and it has a 28 inch barrel, which is to long. I plan on using this for home defense. What is the best option cutting it or how much is it to buy the 18 inch barrel and where do i get it? I also am looking into the AR style stock for it. Thanks!  :)

Offline 1NEFsofar

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Pardner Pump 28 inch barrel making it shorter?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 09:14:50 AM »
I just bought one as well and it sounds exactly like the gun you purchsed!! :)

From what I have read and been told, most everything that is made for the Remington 870 will fit the PP except for the barrels and magazine extension tubes. So your choices are pretty much  limitless.  The barrel issue is a problem.  I just put up a post the other day that I said that I called H&R's customer service and they informed me that they did not have any 18.5" barrels in stock and to call back mid-summer!  I am thinking of chopping off my barrel as well so hopefully someone who has done it will have some insight.  If not, I work at a manufacturing plant with a machnine shop so I can go and ask one of these guys what to do.

Good luck with your project.  Keep posting your results and so will I.  I have a feeling that we are not the only ones doing this.
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.  

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Offline fibercarbon

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 09:27:56 AM »
i def will keep you updated. i just want to make sure the stock fits well because i called blackhawk and the lady on the phone told me IT wouldnt fit.. lol

Offline Airsporter

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 11:17:07 AM »
Do they still sell extra barrels for the partner pumps without having send in the receiver?  In looking for a 26" or 28" to go with my short barrel.

Offline fibercarbon

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 11:58:58 AM »
i dont know but i want an 18 and i have a 28....

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 12:13:18 PM »
Do they still sell extra barrels for the partner pumps without having send in the receiver?  In looking for a 26" or 28" to go with my short barrel.

PP barrels were sold just like other pump shotgun barrels, OTC,  but H&R doesn't have any, and hasn't for a long time.  :-\

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,228842.msg1099270612.html#msg1099270612
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline fibercarbon

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 01:14:29 PM »
thats dumb? they could be making money off them