Author Topic: Another example of entirely stupid spending...  (Read 424 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Another example of entirely stupid spending...
« on: March 09, 2011, 01:21:06 AM »
   No; they just don't "get it"..  The Washington politicians are so entrenched and "stuck on stupid" that they cannot seem to comprehend..they have spent too much already..so stop it !!
  Here is a piece of brilliance from Harry Reid, who seems to think we need to keep spending on "National Endowment for the Arts" and "humanities'..a couple of the most worthless programs ever...
   Old "hare-brained Harry" wants to spend even more borrowed money on "cowboy poets".  Now, I like the cowboy poets and have even written a bit of poetry myself.  I have an idea that cowboy poets will still write poetry, with or without govt money.
  http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0311/Reid_Save_federal_funding_for_the_cowboy_poets.html

I am totally against the big money going to the "National Endowment" since it is a total waste of taxpayer's hard earned money.  If a piece of "art" is worth anything, it will sell..if it's junk, it won't..simple as that.  In that case, the "artist" can either quit doing the stuff, or give it away to friends.
   Politicians have obviously created the "National Endowments" for two reasons;

1) To channel much money to friends..and maybe get some back ?

2) To CONTROL the "kind" of art they want produced..

Before you think I am just "talking trash" let me tell you this.. I am in the arts and would not pursue nor accept a federal grant.  If what I do is not good enough to convince anyone that it is worth buying, then I can either quit or give it away... which I often do anyway, by preference.
    See a sample below; a small desk top stand I created, and was used at a wedding to hold gifts in envelopes..later to be kept on entry table to hold car/house keys...perhaps 1.5 ft wide and 1.5 ft tall..
  Do away with the "National Endowment" and the "Humanities"..they are examples of political corruption (IMO).
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Another example of entirely stupid spending...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 04:34:29 AM »
In any other world, Harry Reid would be committed to an institution for the mentally deficient, or just shot to try to protect the gene-pool.
Swingem

Offline saddlebum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • "I ain't never been killed in my life."
Re: Another example of entirely stupid spending...
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 04:54:47 AM »
In response, Mark Steyn offered his own brand of cowboy poetry at NRO:

An ol’ cowpoke went ridin’ out one dark and windy day
Upon a ridge he rested as he went along his way
When all at once he spied a posse from the GOP
A-hangin’ from that ol’ mesquite his fed’ral subsidy

His pen was still a-fire and he knew how to spell “git”
But an ol’ paint can’t outride a trillion-dollar deficit
If only Harry Reid can head ’em off at that there pass
‘Cuz he hasn’t finished paying off creative-writing class

Yipp-ki-o yippi-ki-ay
Cow Poets On The Dole
Yipp-ki-o yippi-ki-ay
Cow Poets On The Dole…

" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams