Author Topic: Kudo's to Bushnell  (Read 583 times)

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
Kudo's to Bushnell
« on: March 09, 2011, 06:28:17 AM »
I suspected I had over-adjusted the turrets on my Wal Mart blister pack Sportsman 4X12X40 AO scope.  So I contacted Bushnell and inquired if it were possible to have it inspected and repaired.  The service representative was polite, courteous and very helpful.  He provided instructions on how to send it in. 

A few days later it was shipped off the Bushnell.  After approximately a week, I received a post card confirming the arrival of the scope along with a repair number that allowed me to check the progress.  About 4 days after the post card, the scope arrives on my door step.  A copy of a work order is enclosed indicating what I had suspected ... I overtightened the turrets.  In addition to making the repairs, it seems they they performed a service on the entire scope.  And, the total cost was $10 to cover return shipping.  The check went out in the mail the next day.

I've had this scope for approximately 7 years.  It has been on .223's (NEF, H&R & Stevens 200) the entire time I've owned it and has performed very well.  I've had Bushnells for near 35 years and have yet had one fail.  This is the first one and it was my fault.

The majority of my Bushnells are Banners and Sportsmans, with a couple Legends and a few old Sportviews thrown in.

Thanks.

Offline BUGEYE

Re: Kudo's to Bushnell
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 05:47:16 AM »
my daughter has the same scope.  clear, sharp and has held its zero for years.
I'll be getting one for my savage markII.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline godale

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 03:05:35 PM »
very good post i have always seen the sportsmans and turned up my nose to them, how do they compare to a banner?

Offline PowPow

• Trade Count: (16)
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 03:25:58 PM »
Good experience with Bushnell Service on a 1.5-4.5x 32 Banner.
Something came loose inside.
Sent it back; gave me a new one.

Good experience with blister pack Sportsman products from Academy.
Had a 3-9x50 Sportsman. Really bright.
Have a 5 MOA Red Dot Sportsman. Shot the crow in my Avatar at 60 yds with it on my 10/22.
Sits on a 22/45 now.
Both sat on a 30/30 handi, and both got me a deer.

Good experience with Banners; 1.5-4.5x32; 4-12x40AO; 6-24x40AO Mil-dot.
To me, the advantage of Banners over Sportmans (men?) is the broader product line.
And maybe the matte finish on the Banner looks a little beefier.
The difference between people who do stuff and people who don't do stuff is that the people who do stuff do stuff.

Offline godale

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »
think i heard one time internally they are the same. just bought a 6x18x50 used banner for my handi 223

Offline PowPow

• Trade Count: (16)
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 02:53:30 PM »
I think you will like that 6-18. The 6-24 Banner on my 223 handi was perfect up to 18 but was not as bright at 20 and up (not unusable, just not as bright).
The difference between people who do stuff and people who don't do stuff is that the people who do stuff do stuff.

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 11:01:06 PM »
very good post i have always seen the sportsmans and turned up my nose to them, how do they compare to a banner?

During my conversation with the service representative I made inquiries regarding the Bushnell line.  The young man stated that there was little or no difference in the Sportsman models with 40mm objective lens when compared to the Banners. 

He also stated that Bushnell has aquired Simmons and Tasco and that a re-structuring of each brand's product line is currently underway.   

EVOC ONE