Author Topic: H&R Automatic Bayonet Revolver  (Read 1305 times)

Offline woodstock

• Trade Count: (0)
H&R Automatic Bayonet Revolver
« on: March 11, 2011, 03:16:18 AM »
I've been keeping an eye on the auctions trying to get a line on my next H&R and I ran across this :H&R Automatic Bayonet Revolver. I've never heard of this one before. Pretty darn interesting to say the least! Here's the link:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=219010537

I don't know if the price is way high or what but it sure is cool!

I can't wait for the new H&R book to come out so I have a good reference for H&R. It's fun to me to discover the new to me models.

Offline 32 Magnum

• Contributor
Re: H&R Automatic Bayonet Revolver
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 07:23:42 AM »
Woodstock,
The info provided by the seller is pretty accurate.  Bill G's research indicate that the "KNIFE MODEL" was made in 2nd and 3rd Variation configurations of the 2nd Model "AUTO EJECTING" revolver, time period 1901 (black powder until 1905) thru 1917.  Vast majority of the known examples are Nickel plate, a few examples have shown up with blue finish.  This variation was offered in the standard chamberings of .32 S&W Long and .38 S&W, but with a 4" barrel ONLY.  Several examples have been seen with Japanese registration markings and English proof and purveyor markings - so it appears these things made it around the world.   I think that starting price quoted is a bit high??? - but so few show up for sale that it is a tough call to provide a retail value.  I do know that a collector friend of mine purchase one NIB with box at a public auction about 2 years ago and was glad to get that one for $2,000.  I have two in my collection, a Nickel plated and a blued - one of which is the known example with the English proofs and purveyor stamp.
Jim Hauff,  H&R Collector

RIP Jim, passed away on October 12th, 2012

Offline 32 Magnum

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 07:51:33 AM »
Took a closer look at the pictures posted in the auction:  'G' prefix on a 3rd Model "Auto Ejector" serial number indicates year of manufacture as 1905 - 1st year of smokeless/Nitro powder production by H&R.
Jim Hauff,  H&R Collector

RIP Jim, passed away on October 12th, 2012

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 02:38:11 AM »
I have to say that those are pretty neat.
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member