Author Topic: What is a Foid Card?  (Read 4575 times)

Offline boatboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (92)
  • A Real Regular
Re: What is a Foid Card?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 04:13:48 PM »
When I visit the "mother land"
There are stores that you cant even ask to see and handle a gun with out a FOI card.

I have lived in Michigan for 20plus years I cant even believe the laws there now after I have lived here.

But I am sure my family thinks I am a Redneck after living here.

Hank
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King

Say what you want, pick on him. but Ringo is still a Beatle

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2011, 12:51:27 PM »
I've never been in a store that didn't ask for one to handle a gun.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2011, 05:59:55 PM »
Not even Kalifornia has a stinkin FOID card.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline GatorDude

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2011, 08:33:32 PM »
Chicago firearms laws really bug me.  I do a technology job that is typically found in corporate headquarters offices.  Chicago has plenty of jobs I could do.  All the cutesy HGTV shows even make Chicago look exciting to my wife.  We could be there doing interesting, exciting jobs, except I don't want to give up my firearms and my rights.  However, Chicago laws are costing me potential income and opportunity.  The people of Illinois really need to make changes in their state.  It's ridiculous and unconstitutional.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2011, 02:08:54 AM »
Even the People's Republik of New York doesn't require ID on anything other than handguns.  I speak here of NY State..not NY City. WE have some idiot liberals up here on the far end from that city..when they gang up, it's in small groups; not in  millions.... as they do in NY City.
   However Guys, consider this as an opportunity !  Now is the time for honest gun owners to start writing letters to those newspapers which believe in the first amendment enough to print them.  They can go something like this:

" Citizens of Illinois;
           Crime is growing in our fair state.  Honest citizens are experiencing carefully thought out, well planned home invasions, often being injured, mistreated or even killed during this life-changing experience.
   Do you own a gun ? Do you own ammunition ?
   If you own neither of these items, the attorney general may be putting you at great risk !  He has indicated a desire to publish the names of those who have guns; which in a strange twist, is also notifying the criminal element as to whom DOES NOT have any immediate home defense.
   I think we can agree, this would be valuable information for those who do plan before home invasions !  Although as a gun owner I am somewhat relieved in that it takes some of the pressure of gun owners like myself, I am concerned for those who criminals now KNOW, do not have good home defense.  Clearly; this identifies for the criminal element, those who will be at the mercy of this type predator.  How much "mercy" can you expect from them ?

Yours, for a secure home in Illinois;

John P. Gunholder
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2011, 06:29:19 AM »
They did pass a law here, in the house anyway, to keep that information private. Hopefully the senate will pass it as well.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/political-fix/article_33170efe-6200-11e0-bb78-0019bb30f31a.html
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?