Author Topic: Why I favor the TEA PARTY..  (Read 8293 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Why I favor the TEA PARTY..
« on: March 16, 2011, 05:29:38 AM »
  Primarily I favor the Tea Party because of it's respect for our Constitution and their sense of "fair play".  There also is their love of our country, it's traditions and profound respect for the average folks who work hard every day,. pay taxes and don't gouge taxpayers out of their tax money.
  Another thing I appreciate about the taxpayers is the quality of the people, compared to what i consider the old-line, gouge the public political gangs.   For example:

A sample of the Demo-unions based rally in Wisconsin;
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skuSySwLK7E&feature=related

And for comparison, sample Tea Party rally:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9_bP219ehQ&feature=related

BTW:  I prefer for people to act with dignity..how about you ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline saddlebum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • "I ain't never been killed in my life."
Re: Why I favor the TEA PARTY..
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 06:21:59 AM »
I'm not sure about that dignity part. I would probably wear one of those cheese hats if I wasn't lactose intollerant.   8)

Aside from that, I'm with you all the way!
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 06:24:53 AM »
I'm not sure about that dignity part. I would probably wear one of those cheese hats if I wasn't lactose intollerant.   8)

Aside from that, I'm with you all the way!

Saddlebum;
  Now, don't you agree..that Tea Party Marine should have sung at the Super Bowl ?  Don't know why they pay so much for a celebrity drunk or drug-head to mess with the National Anthem.. ;) :D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Gary G

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 07:35:23 AM »
Primarily I favor the Tea Party because of it's respect for our Constitution and their sense of "fair play".

The jury is still out with me. The Patriot Act, which should be called the Anti-patriot Act, because it violates so many of our constitutional rights was recently extended. Only eight of the tea partiers voted against extension. So most voted for it's extension. I had hoped better, but thought they might be corrupted by the rebublican party.

The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 07:48:08 AM »
That proud Marine has a great voice. I saved that video to my favorites some time ago. Kinda puts a lump in my throat.
I am ashamed to admit it, but that's the first time I ever heard that verse of the National Anthem.
Your right about the Super Bowl. She, (whoever that was), didn't even get the words right on the first verse at the last one. And then there is the sacrilegious Rosie O'Donnel........We could definately do better!
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 09:55:52 AM »
What is wrong with balancing the federal budget with cuts not taxes?  What is wrong with getting the government out of our lives with less regulation, like what foods to eat, what fuel to use (I hate ethynol, messed up my small engines), what guns to own, etc.  I'm not talking about regulating banks, or speed limits and such, but personal things.  Most TEA partiers that I am associated with are libertarians and conservative republicans. 

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 11:58:10 AM »
So Gary;
  Where do you go ? Do you go with the old line elitist Republicans...or do you stick with the Democrat/communist control-freaks ?  I never said the Tea Party was perfect, no man-made thing ever is...it's just that they are many miles ahead of the other two..

Offline Gary G

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 01:41:44 PM »
So Gary;
  Where do you go ? Do you go with the old line elitist Republicans...or do you stick with the Democrat/communist control-freaks ?  I never said the Tea Party was perfect, no man-made thing ever is...it's just that they are many miles ahead of the other two..
Ironglow, I used to be a Republican. I have spent the last few years reading Hazlett, Mises, Hayek, Bastiat and other free-market economists. After reading a book by Robert Higgs where his research shows little difference in republicans and democrats in social spending and warfare spending, I have rethought my views. Let's say Bush was the final nail in the coffin. I would consider myself an independent but I agree very much with some Libertarians. I think though that we have gone to far into the welfare/warfare state and into the financial debt destruction of this country and don't see much hope. A Ron Paul could possibly bring us back, but maybe it is too late. Anyway, I hope people will remember Jefferson when it is time to start over. Everything that plagued the Roman Empire is now plaguing us. If a tea party candidate proves out then I will support him. Rand Paul is a tea party member that I strongly agree with.

We have many young people today in various colleges that are familiar with liberty, free-market economics, and the philosophy of Mises. I think that it is with them that our future stands.

------------------------------------------------------
As far as any established Republican or Democrat, I would not give them the time of day. The system is corrupt and they are part of that corruption if not the cause.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is easy to understand why the law is used by the legislator to destroy in varying degrees among the rest of the people their personal independence by slavery, their liberty by oppression, and their property by plunder. This is done for the benefit of the person who makes the law, and in proportion to the power that he holds.  Frederick Bastiat
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 03:38:09 PM »
  I agree much with Libertarians, except that I also agree with Jesus Christ and Libertarians have trouble with moral/spiritual issues.  They seem to want to ignore the spiritual side, which (IMO) is at least 50% of anyone's makeup, whether they want to admit it or not .

Offline Gary G

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 04:05:36 PM »
  I agree much with Libertarians, except that I also agree with Jesus Christ and Libertarians have trouble with moral/spiritual issues.  They seem to want to ignore the spiritual side, which (IMO) is at least 50% of anyone's makeup, whether they want to admit it or not .
I have found that to be no more true than with society as a whole. I am a Christian and I just got back from bible study. Many Libertarians too are also Christians.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Bastiat said:
Away with the whims of governmental administrators, their socialized projects, their centralization, their tariffs, their government schools, their state religions, their free credit, their bank monopolies, their regulations, their restrictions, their equalization by taxation, and their pious moralizations!
And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works. 

Offline Gary G

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 04:13:28 PM »
Here is Bastiat in a nutshell:

God gave us life. He would not give life without giving a means to sustain it. That is liberty and property.

There are three ways to attain that property:
1. Work for it.
2. Let someone else work for it and then steal what they worked for. This he called plunder.
3. Have the government confiscate it for you. This he called legal plunder. This would involve all government redistribution.

Now is that non Christian?

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 04:58:13 PM »
Primarily I favor the Tea Party because of it's respect for our Constitution and their sense of "fair play".

The jury is still out with me. The Patriot Act, which should be called the Anti-patriot Act, because it violates so many of our constitutional rights was recently extended. Only eight of the tea partiers voted against extension. So most voted for it's extension. I had hoped better, but thought they might be corrupted by the rebublican party.

+1  Ron and Rand Paul passed the test.  The rest are on probation with me.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 05:04:10 PM »
So Gary;

No where to go.  We just have to hold them accountable.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 07:16:48 PM »

Soooo, so much for the Constitutional this and that rhetoric; and alot of other rhetoric that's suppose to pass as populous for the people movement, but under the microscope is an elitist sponsored agenda...this time duping the common citiizen into fronting it and sealing their own fate. Really, you got to admire how elitist get the common man to undermine his own position...just fabulous smoke and mirrors... ::)

..TM7

TM, Are you saying the Tea Party people, the mission of the party is elite and its run by elites?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 06:48:42 AM »
  The only ones who would claim the Tea Party to be "elitist", "racist" or any of a half dozen false, denigrating accusations have obviously never rallied with the Tea Party.  They are simply defending one of the cumbersome & defunct major parties and would be speaking from ignorance...

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 10:02:25 AM »
  The only ones who would claim the Tea Party to be "elitist", "racist" or any of a half dozen false, denigrating accusations have obviously never rallied with the Tea Party.  They are simply defending one of the cumbersome & defunct major parties and would be speaking from ignorance...

Agree and I have been to a number of rallies and my wife even more. In addition, that would be a person who has formed that opinion based on lies and no facts. There is no reasonable sound case to be made that the Tea Party is any of those derogatory descriptions. Only the main stream media has used those lies and tactics along with their best friends and accomplices in the liberal democrat party to say that about the Tea Party. That is an undisputable fact on the recorded.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline jimster

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 10:09:08 AM »
I like the Tea Party because they clean up after a gathering, and they know why they are gathering. 

Lansing Michigan there was a protest last night against our governor, the reporter on the scene had a lot of trouble finding anyone who knew why they were there.  Left another mess to boot. 

Have to wonder why that many people that show up for a protest  have no idea what's going on or why they are protesting.  We think someone is paying them to show up.  ?  But most were young people anyway...no skin in the game, something to do.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 10:41:09 AM »
TM,
Who are these elites that are running the Tea Party?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline jimster

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 10:58:54 AM »
All propaganda Cabin.  Same old stuff...the rich don't pay taxes even though they pay the most...a war against labor...ya, ya, ya....

Herd it a million times...truth is the lefists are the only ones not paying taxes and getting tax money...and they want more.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, 11:09:43 AM »
Judgment reserved until they get some results business as usual aint going to cut it. neither is we cut 6 billion from a trillion in deficit spending.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 12:55:27 PM »
TM,
I just told you; re-read post#18,,,,you got a  computor..use it. Don't forget teapartyexpress and teapartypatriots.  The media radicals promoting this elite agenda, being peddled as grassroots, are the usual talking heads. Later they're try to round up all this disruption under one GOPer umbrella. What Dems do remains to be seen....maybe they're have a terrorist attack or something... ;)

..TM7

Of course anything that is conservative, will be placed under the GOP unbrella by the leftist, media elites, socialists and commy lovers. They will always try and torpedo any good intention unless that intention aligns with thier objectives. Your doing a good job of following the rules TM. ;)

What "Party" or "Parties"do you feel represent your desires?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Casull

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2011, 01:21:51 PM »
All propaganda Cabin.  Same old stuff...the rich don't pay taxes even though they pay the most...a war against labor...ya, ya, ya....

Herd it a million times...truth is the lefists are the only ones not paying taxes and getting tax money...and they want more.

Bingo!!!!!!!
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2011, 04:44:03 PM »
   ..And TM will tell you he IS NOT a 'liberal leftist" Kool-aid sipper !  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2011, 10:59:19 AM »
TM,
I just told you; re-read post#18,,,,you got a  computor..use it. Don't forget teapartyexpress and teapartypatriots.  The media radicals promoting this elite agenda, being peddled as grassroots, are the usual talking heads. Later they're try to round up all this disruption under one GOPer umbrella. What Dems do remains to be seen....maybe they're have a terrorist attack or something... ;)

..TM7

Of course anything that is conservative, will be placed under the GOP unbrella by the leftist, media elites, socialists and commy lovers. They will always try and torpedo any good intention unless that intention aligns with thier objectives. Your doing a good job of following the rules TM. ;)

What "Party" or "Parties"do you feel represent your desires?
I don't believe in so-called conservative vs so-called liberal politics...it is mostly stagecraft and other herding tactics, too devisive.  I just believe in issues by an up or down way. No party represents my views in whole ...certainly neither wing of the The Duopoly Party does....perhaps  several individuals in the political sphere do, however.

...TM7

Nice smoke screen TM. No one can put a big D or R or C or TP or L on your blouse. Your basically A-Political here just like Janet Reno was. ::)
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2011, 12:45:09 PM »

Bingo!!!!!!!
Wait a minute.
If the top 5% are paying more than 50% of the federal income how are they not paying their fair share?  TM7 you are delusional.
the conservitives at least say we are over taxed.
it is all the lierals that call for more taxes that are the tax cheats- Can Anyone say Kerry's boat?  can anyone say head of the IRS? 
The whole social engineering with the income tax is what makes it unfair.  Your taxes should be a one page form.
X earned- X deductions for family members and 7 to 9% flat rate above a certain amount that is 4X the poverty rate.
but the whole deductions for doing this or that was set up to do social engineering, get people to do things they normally would not do unless they got a break for doing it.  Much like subsidized anything, once the subsidies go away so do most of the people in it and the market corrects its self.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2011, 12:52:38 PM »
I got it. TM is a memebr of the Tax Dodger Party. Thier mission is: Those who pay little, should pay none. Just like the state union workers. They Take, but never give.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Casull

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2011, 12:52:50 PM »
Mcwoodduck, you need to stop muddying the waters with facts and logic.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2011, 07:57:53 PM »

Bingo!!!!!!!
Wait a minute.
If the top 5% are paying more than 50% of the federal income how are they not paying their fair share? 

What's the income of the top 5%?  Couldn't find it online, but the chart below makes me think they aren't exactly overtaxed especially when you factor in all the deductions rich folk have. 

Jim

Table 6: Distribution of income in the United States, 1982-2006
                                             Income
                   Top 1 percent   Next 19 percent    Bottom 80 percent

1982                12.8%             39.1%                    48.1%
1988                16.6%             38.9%                    44.5%
1991                15.7%             40.7%                    43.7%
1994                14.4%             40.8%                    44.9%
1997                16.6%             39.6%                    43.8%
2000                20.0%             38.7%                    41.4%
2003                17.0%             40.8%                    42.2%
2006                21.3%             40.1%                    38.6%

From Wolff (2010).

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2011, 09:27:55 PM »
I'm easily confused so I don't know how your chart pertains to the percentage of taxes payed by each group. It just tells me how much each group contributes to the national income.

Maybe this graph is what you are looking for. Eventhough it may not prove the point you were trying to make.

From Political Math;

Here is a graph showing how the rich make more income and pay even more in taxes. While the  upper middle class pay about the same percentage in taxes as they make. Finally the lower 60% pay less in taxes then their % of the national income.
CLICK TO ENLARGE

http://www.visualizingeconomics.com/2010/02/12/how-much-taxes-are-paid-by-the-poor-middle-class-and-rich

NOTE:
The graph is using numbers from 2005 with those terrible Bush tax "cuts" for those terrible rich people.

Offline Casull

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2011, 10:12:22 PM »
Yeah Saddlebum, how is that "fair".  It looks like the top 5% make 41% of the income, but ONLY pay 55% of the income taxes.   ;)
Aim small, miss small!!!