Author Topic: S&W MODEL 22  (Read 777 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
S&W MODEL 22
« on: March 19, 2011, 03:49:09 PM »
.45 acp pistol--NIB.
Pictures are dark and poor quality--best if you click to enlarge.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
Re: S&W MODEL 22
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 05:49:57 PM »
Purdy! Looks like it would be a nice packin gun............OOPS! Your going to need yet another holster!   ;D
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 05:52:02 PM »
that's purdy!  what size frame do the 21's and 22's come on?  N?
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 01:24:30 AM »
Thats a good question Atlaw. The 22 is an N frame but the handels feel smaller than on the model 28. It could be the grips. Weight is not as heavy but it sure feels good in the hands.
The model 28 is just a beefier gun--and feels like it.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 06:28:44 AM »
Solved the problem of the small service grips today with a phone call and a credit card.
Called Grashorn and discussed it with him. He said the model 22 was the same frame as the model 28 and that he made the same grips to accomodate a slight difference in the frame for the 22.
On the way to a better fit.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 01:33:12 PM »
Tell us how it shoots.  That would be a nice field carry gun, maybe even a carry in certain conditions.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 01:49:54 PM »
That's a beauty William and I've always said the best .45 autos are revolvers. ;D
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 02:13:43 AM »
BEST--well, it is a .45, what it comes from is the blonds or brunettes thing.
I have solved the problem of the small military handles with a quick conversation and a credit card to Grashorn's.
I do admit that I have become, at least, bi-sexual from my own former semi-auto stance.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 02:37:17 AM »
As one ages he becomes somewhat less interested in bending over picking up cases , at least that's my take on revolvers vs autos  ;)
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 06:16:18 AM »
Very true, and where I shoot it's crawling around in the sage brush and snakes to find maybe half of the brass I fired. I also like to play around with loads that would never function in an auto. I  make up small game loads with a roundball or I may want to run full wadcutters, long heavy SWC's, even birdshot loads. With an auto reliable function requires loads somewhere close to factory specs whereas a revolver will fire anything you can stuff into it, even primer fired wax bullets.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 09:52:33 AM »
William:  that right there is just about the perfect packin' pistol, ya sure done good this time.  That looks just like old time quality.  Hey, if you reload, try Elmer Keith's old 452423 bullet - it's a 238 gn swc designed specifically for the 45 auto rim and should shoot very well in that revolver.  If, when you begin enjoying that beauty at the range, you find that round nose boolets do not group as well as you would like, try a semi-wadcutter with a nice square (round, of course) leading band, almost anything from 200-255 gns, and they should be more accurate (so says Mike Ventura regarding his experiences with the 45 and 45 auto rim).  As always, HTH. 

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 03:18:59 PM »
I suspose it has the two piece barrel.
I think I am too dumb be scared/concerned about that.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD