Author Topic: aftermarket sights  (Read 858 times)

Offline smokeeater3302

• Trade Count: (0)
aftermarket sights
« on: March 21, 2011, 08:34:04 AM »
I was wondering if any of you have installed a peep and a fire sight on the Rossi combos .
I have a 12ga/22 lr and would like to know what height front sight you are using to get out to about 100yds
I would like to thank my grand father
for a man that couldnt read or write he
taught me so much and forgot more than I
will ever know

Offline srcjahc

Re: aftermarket sights
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 01:12:51 AM »
Just a FYI-I installed a factory Thompson Contender rear sight on my Rossi .22 and it is way better than the Rossi factory sight. You can get them cheap for less than $20 bucks on E-bay. I TIG welded a Williams aperture onto it after filing a grove for it by opening up the rear noth a bit. Looks great and way cheaper than the Williams and I like the screw adjustment on the T/C better. No more screwing around (sorry for the pun) with loosening one side and tightening another to move the sights.

Offline smokeeater3302

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 08:38:24 AM »
thanks for the help , I was looking into a skinner low pro sight . I would really like to have something better than the factory front as well .
will ever know

Offline Clone

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 01:29:42 PM »
These are the ones I used.  It required getting a smith to drill and tap a new hole but I think its worth it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=146357
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=242142

Along with this rear.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=749748

Works quit well, but I would like to find a different base that would fit the existing holes or at least fit the last hole and look right.  I tried installing the ramp using the last hole but it was about 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the crown and didn't look (to me).

Wonder if the TC front sights will fit?  The scope rail is the same, so why not the front sight to, right?  Anyone tried it?

Offline smokeeater3302

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 08:19:18 AM »
thanks for the info Clone,
I dont know about the T/C front sights working or not . As far as the scope base goes , The 92a which is supposed to be the right one didnt fit the contour of my gun at all it took alot of file work to get it right .
will ever know