Author Topic: Cannon shoots in Oregon?  (Read 1417 times)

Offline BillinOregon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Cannon shoots in Oregon?
« on: March 21, 2011, 09:43:01 AM »
Google yielded but one that I hadn't heard of, the Lone Pine Cannon shoot in Terrebonne, Oregon, scheduled for Memorial weekend. But several years ago I ran into some guys shooting smooth and rifled guns at Hole in the Ground near Fort Rock on Labor Day weekend. They were members of a group that I actually joined for a year, but can't recall the name of it -- something like the Northwest Artillery Association or some such. Anyone here aware of any other shoots or groups active in Oregon?

Offline BillinOregon

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
Re: Cannon shoots in Oregon?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 09:56:41 AM »
Darned if I didn't find my 10-year-old membership card in the Northwest Territories Light Artillery Volunteers, but I'm not finding much trace of these guys on line ...

:(

Offline moose53

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 10:57:52 AM »
Yes I was a member of the NTLAV for a few years also , seems that the members are doing other things now . Most all the places to shoot in the willamitte valley were shut down . Fort Rock may be a unofficial shoot ,I think Lone pine is the only official range left in Oregon. Robin David

Offline BillinOregon

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 11:07:07 AM »
Moose: Kind of figured. I also have seen reference to a cannonshooters.org that seems to have gone by the wayside. ARe you in the Willamette Valley?

Offline BoomLover

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 02:24:48 PM »
BillinOregon, I have been to the Lone Pine Cannon Shoot, they have it Labor Day, too. It's pretty good, have you seen their website? Several of the guys from NTLAV go there, and Chuck, the Host, is a pretty good guy, interested in a safe shoot at all times. I'm on the Coast, but the ride is worth it. There used to be a group that shot Mortars just south of Albany, don't know if they still do. What area are you located in? We are trying to get members and enough interest to start a Club here on the South Coast area, have a few interested already. BoomLover
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline BillinOregon

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 04:17:38 PM »
Boom: I'm in the Rogue Valley between Medford and Ashland.

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 05:35:19 PM »
If Jefferson Armory is still in business, he might know of places to shoot.
http://www.jeffersonarmory.com/

He used to come down here for the shoots we use to have.
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline moose53

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 07:05:38 PM »
BillinOregon, I am located about 50 miles south east of Eugene in Oakridge . Robin 

Offline BillinOregon

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 06:28:16 AM »
49er: Jefferson Armory is still here in Phoenix, as far as I know. He builds great stuff.
Robin: So you're in Cannon Mike's home town. That's got to be handy. Head on up 58 and over the top and you are in artillery country!
Bill