Author Topic: .22-250 hodgdon info  (Read 481 times)

Offline 351 power

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
.22-250 hodgdon info
« on: March 21, 2011, 11:24:56 PM »
in the load section from hodgdon the BL[C2] powder max is 34g for 55g bullet and 37g for 60g bullets. this seems odd. any idea what causes this? i have both bullet weights to try and this is a new cartridge for me. thank you
every day is a gift. use it well

colour is a symbol of where you are from and not of who you are

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: .22-250 hodgdon info
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 02:18:14 AM »
In the load section from Hodgdon the BL[C2] powder max is 34g for 55g bullet and 37g for 60g bullets. This seems odd. Any idea what causes this? I have both bullet weights to try and this is a new cartridge for me.

Thank you

Could be a number of things...

Different powder lot. Different firearm, Different range, IE elevation or maybe temp. Different Primer. Or just the profile of the bullet...was it a molly bullet?  Of coarse the other is its simply a miss print.
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: .22-250 hodgdon info
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 03:48:01 AM »
Why not shoot them an email and see what they say.  Every time I've contacted them, I've received an informative response within 24 hrs.  Give it a shot and let us know what they say.   8)