Author Topic: Which hand priming tool  (Read 1695 times)

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Which hand priming tool
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2011, 04:14:41 AM »
LUBE just what I want around primers . I don't have to grease up my RCBS primer tools .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2011, 12:51:37 PM »
You put a little white grease around the moving parts in the handle, far away from any primers.

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2011, 02:38:24 AM »
I have two lee priming tools both were lubed and both broke the what looked like pot metal arm. I ordered the replacement parts which they charged for even though they were not a year old. While waiting for parts I invested in a RCBS hand priming tool and still use it . That was over 23 years ago and the broken lee tools and parts to repair them are still in the junk drawer .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 12:46:50 PM »
Buy the Lee at any gun show you find them for cheap to to have one for large and small primers and maybe a spare.
My first one Ive had for over 30yrs, no problems; and yes, I greased it early on.
The 2nd one was a gun show find for $5, at home I found out why, it had a crack from overstressing it. Lee replaced the part free (theyve always done right by me and I aint anybody special, I just talk to them nice. I do mention that I have mostly Lee stuff and that they have treated me well). Maybe its that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 12:52:51 PM »
I've just upgraded to 4 Lee's.  I have them marked with a lable maker, one for each of the primer types I use.  I fill the tray and don't worry about having to empty them back in those little primer sleeves to change.

Two are my Dad's.  They date from the 70's.  He loaded and shot just about every day for years until he passed.  It was his only hobby.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline fast*eddie

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 01:52:21 PM »
I have been using the same Lee hand primer tool for the past 6 - 7 years with no problem . I also have a new one for a backup . Most of my dies are Lee and again No problem . I tried a set of RCBS 44 mag dies and didn't care for them . I'll stick with Lee !
Semper Fi !

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 02:08:01 PM »
Well I tell you what it ain't....  :o ::) ;D It ain't LEE!!

I tried them, they broke, I bought another.....it broke.

I have a RCBS but truth be told I don't use that too much either. I like a ram Prime on a single stage press or my RCBS APS primer system.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.