Author Topic: "The Donald"...sounding better..  (Read 8576 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: "The Donald"...sounding better..
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 07:43:41 PM »
  Woudn't it be nice to hear some leaders that are not afraid to speak the truth.

We had a chance to elect someone like that in the last election, but the American voters chose to stand behind John McCain instead.Now the Follow the leader Republican voters want to stand behind a man with a bad haircut, that host's a stupid reality show.

If you remember the debates from the last Republican primary, you'll remember some of these quotes from one of the candidates.

The moral and constitutional obligations of our representatives in Washington are to protect our liberty, not coddle the world, precipitating no-win wars, while bringing bankruptcy and economic turmoil to our people.

Justifying conscription to promote the cause of liberty is one of the most bizarre notions ever conceived by man! Forced servitude, with the risk of death and serious injury as a price to live free, makes no sense.

A system of capitalism presumes sound money, not fiat money manipulated by a central bank. Capitalism cherishes voluntary contracts and interest rates that are determined by savings, not credit creation by a central bank.

I am absolutely opposed to a national ID card. This is a total contradiction of what a free society is all about. The purpose of government is to protect the secrecy and the privacy of all individuals, not the secrecy of government. We don't need a national ID card.

When the federal government spends more each year than it collects in tax revenues, it has three choices: It can raise taxes, print money, or borrow money. While these actions may benefit politicians, all three options are bad for average Americans.

Cliches about supporting the troops are designed to distract from failed policies, policies promoted by powerful special interests that benefit from war, anything to steer the discussion away from the real reasons the war in Iraq will not end anytime soon.
That guy really believed in the Constitution, and was never shy about speaking the truth!
These statements were from Ron Paul. Republican candidate for President in 2008........He got my vote!

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2011, 07:00:22 AM »
I too like Ron Paul but don't believe he is electable, mainly because of his age. If he doesn't run I think his son Rand will. I believe Rand would be a better choice between the 2. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 10:06:52 AM »
I too like Ron Paul but don't believe he is electable, mainly because of his age. If he doesn't run I think his son Rand will. I believe Rand would be a better choice between the 2. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

John McCain was 72 when he ran against Obama......Ronald Reagan was 70 when elected. Why is a healthy 76 Ron Paul too old?............ He was only 73 when opposing McCan't. I think that is a cop out most people use. No one is electable if they receive no votes ::)

I wouldn't have a problem with Rand Paul as a candidate. He would get my vote, but most Republicans would (I think) vote for the weird  Hair man.Not much use today for a Constitutional minded politician.

Offline powderman

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 12:53:54 PM »
NW_HUNTER. Mccain lost, I believe Reagans initial popularity was due to his movie career. I would vote for Ron Paul over the other known contenders but think his son has a better chance of beating the obamination. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 01:31:22 PM »
Well Guys, not having a dog in that race I'll leave this discussion with one thought.

Would you rather have Mrs. Trump as the 1st Lady or would you have Michele for four more years "gracing" the WH ?? ;D
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 01:56:36 PM »
  NW;
  Hey..you've just got to 'get over it', Ron Paul gave it a good run, but it just didn't work out !  I would not have a problem with RP even now that he is 76...he has a better, more sensible head than BHO ever had on his best day (IMO).
    Sometimes we don't get exactly what we want..sometimes if we get lemons, we have to make lemonade, rather than to let the enemy place a rotten egg in office.
    Really, you ought to lay off the hair thing with Trump...it smacks of desperation.  Outside of mere good-natured jesting, that is true of any election when someone resorts to criticism of the candidates looks, clothes or skinny legs. It usually  means they have no rteal substantive points to make otherwise.
  When we start to score hairlines, there are scores of world leaderrs who had NO HAIR !  THat brings to mind the one who probably is the greatest statesman of the 20th century...Winston Churchill.  See, ... hair/no hair..makes no difference..
    Scatterbrain;
  I won't get into the debate between Michelle or Mrs Trump and who would look better in the White House (or anywhere else)...you will just have to make up your own mind... ;) :D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2011, 03:07:11 AM »
George Washington wore a powdered wig.  So far as I can tell he did a  good job. :)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2011, 10:16:32 AM »
George Washington wore a powdered wig.  So far as I can tell he did a  good job. :)

I didn't think 1st Lady applied to him ;D

Offline EOD3

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2011, 07:33:08 PM »
I'm not sure Trump would walk-the-walk if elected but, one thing I'm sure of is that we all know what he's trying to "cover up".    ;D

Offline magooch

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2011, 10:13:51 AM »
I'm not sure Trump would walk-the-walk if elected but, one thing I'm sure of is that we all know what he's trying to "cover up".    ;D

Well, I don't know who "us" is, but I for one don't have a clue what the Donald might be trying to cover up.
Swingem

Offline EOD3

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2011, 10:18:57 AM »

Well, I don't know who "us" is, but I for one don't have a clue what the Donald might be trying to cover up.

I guess there will always be "not us" in every crowd.   ::)   ::)

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2011, 10:26:47 AM »
I posted this on the "Imposter" thread too, so you don't have to view it more than once.

I thought this was a great interview with Trump!........Kinda funny!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutline/20110407/ts_yblog_thecutline/trump-brings-media-blitz-to-nbc-steamrolls-meredith-vieira-on-birther-issue
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2011, 03:28:03 PM »

So, tell us (with links);

What is he trying to "cover up" ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2011, 03:31:48 PM »
I posted this on the "Imposter" thread too, so you don't have to view it more than once.

I thought this was a great interview with Trump!........Kinda funny!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutline/20110407/ts_yblog_thecutline/trump-brings-media-blitz-to-nbc-steamrolls-meredith-vieira-on-birther-issue

I watched that one ............Funny ain't it! This breaking news of his has been on the internet for a long time, and Donald T just finds out about it the other day??? "Give me a break"

Now all of a sudden he's a Tea Party truth-er. He's trolling for poll votes and it looks like he's getting them. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)BOY! it sure is easy to fool the Sheeple.

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2011, 04:02:48 PM »
I just saw on the news that in a poll, Trump is 3rd out of the top three contenders for nomination.
I don't know if he will run and don't care, but I sure like the noise he is making. He is not affraid to say anything that's on his mind. No matter how controversial. I think if nothing else he is opening up the way for the others to speak out and not be so PC.
And wouldn't it be grand if he proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Obama is an illegal president.   ;D
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2011, 05:08:56 PM »
  Now, I don't know for sure if B Hussein was born in a hospital in Honolulu ...or a mud  hut in Kenya.  I do know that he could shut up all his critics ..by producing the birth certificate.
  Couple that with the various inconsistancies in his birthplace, his various travels and his own professed allegiance to the radicals, Muslims and Communists while in college raises suspicions concerning his loyalty, for many. 
    Then the simple fact that he would spend $200,000 or more to suppress info about his birth circumstances, obviously raises suspicions.

There is no point in belaboring it too greatly,  congress would have to investigate, and since so many in congress are so accustomed to dishonesty, they are not likely to investigate any detail like that !

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2011, 05:41:08 PM »
The Don is already moving up on the RINOs like Romney.  I may not have a beer with him.  But I am Damn glad he showed up at the fight
and he is on my side.

Offline magooch

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2011, 05:47:41 AM »
If Mr. Trump were to prove that Obama is a fraud, I would personally nominate him for King--at least temporarily.
Swingem

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2011, 10:05:19 AM »
  NW;
  Hey..you've just got to 'get over it', Ron Paul gave it a good run, but it just didn't work out !  I would not have a problem with RP even now that he is 76...he has a better, more sensible head than BHO ever had on his best day (IMO).
    Sometimes we don't get exactly what we want..sometimes if we get lemons, we have to make lemonade, rather than to let the enemy place a rotten egg in office.
    Really, you ought to lay off the hair thing with Trump...it smacks of desperation.  Outside of mere good-natured jesting, that is true of any election when someone resorts to criticism of the candidates looks, clothes or skinny legs. It usually  means they have no rteal substantive points to make otherwise.
  When we start to score hairlines, there are scores of world leaderrs who had NO HAIR !  THat brings to mind the one who probably is the greatest statesman of the 20th century...Winston Churchill.  See, ... hair/no hair..makes no difference..
    Scatterbrain;
  I won't get into the debate between Michelle or Mrs Trump and who would look better in the White House (or anywhere else)...you will just have to make up your own mind... ;) :D
I'd rather have a woman who married out of love and not out of love of money. Machelle will stick by her husband, non of Trumps women have proven that.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2011, 10:16:29 AM »
Im afraid trump is just a showman. This latest bit of showmanship is just a distraction to get peoples attention away from the budget battle since sheens flame burned out so quick. It may also be another attempt to make the tea party look like a bunch of nuts, but  there is more to trump's actions than what appears on the surface. I think he will be in the spotlight for a few months but has no real intention of running.

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2011, 10:49:17 AM »

So, tell us (with links);

What is he trying to "cover up" ?

I did some research on this subject of a Trump coverup. It is insidious in it's nature and should be a concern to anyone considering Trump as a candidate for president. The fact that the coverup is so well known and in the public eye every day, I decided to not bother to post a link for proof of the coverup.

It is a well known fact that Trump has been covering up the international disgrace of male pattern baldness.
It is commonly known as, the "Great Comb Over Conspiricy"
This scandal has been well documented in video, 'news' articles and internet blogs.

The questions we really have to ask ourselves is, will the world except a president that has been covering up such a outragous scandal? Is he a viable candidate because of this coverup? Can he really overcome the pregidous and the rage over this.........."coverup"?     ;D

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2011, 03:51:14 PM »
  NW;
    Scatterbrain;
I'd rather have a woman who married out of love and not out of love of money. Machelle will stick by her husband, non of Trumps women have proven that.

X40;
  You're making assumptions about  something neither you nor I could have no personal knowledge of...

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2011, 04:24:50 PM »
I couldn't care less how Trump got his wives, any of them including the present.All have poise, looks,manners and grace that is not present in the WH now.

When I saw that picture of the 1st Lady and I have a hard time typing that, coming out of Air Force One in her shorts ::) I just about tossed my cookies. :o

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »
We keep electing timid people to the office.  Carter was timid and look at what he did.  Reagan was not timid, but Both bush's were as was Clinton.  Now Obama bows to foreign leaders.

Donald Trump would not bow to anyone.  He does not think he is a big shot, he knows it.  He won't back down, and that is what we need right now.  Someone to stand up for what they believe in, and from what I have heard I like the way he believes. 

Trump has an ego, so what so did Teddy Roosavelt.  OK so Trump went bankrupt a few times, he learned what not to do.  I do believe he could put this country back on an economic path that would bring back manufactoring to this country.  I also think he could put the leash back on the EPA and get some oil wells drilled.  Some government agencies need to go away, and I think he could make those cuts.

While I may not like him, I think he is the best shot we have at this time.

Trump/Romney      Trump/Huckabee    Trump/ Palin    Trump/Paul
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline cabledad

• Life Member of the NRA Cable Pioneer
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2011, 06:11:14 PM »
Fire most of them,anybody will be better than what we have now.Listen to Trump I like what he says,don't like him being from NY city but we don't have too many good picks.Chuck

Offline powderman

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2011, 07:06:52 PM »
SOURDOUGH. I agree Sir. This past week I've had at least 4 phone calls that start out, HI, I'm Mike Huckabee. Don't know what he said, I hung up. I hate politicians using MY PHONE. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2011, 01:37:19 AM »
   I am really amused by many complaints concerning Trump having an "ego"!  There is perhaps no president ever, who had an ego comparable to BHO, the present occupant of the White House !
   Yes, Trump has an ego, Teddy Roosevelt had an ego and perhaps even Jackson also had an ego; however Trump, TR and Jackson  all had some rather impressive accomplishments upon which to build an ego.  Haven't seen any notable accomplishments by the community organizer.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2011, 04:00:25 AM »
While I may not like him, I think he is the best shot we have at this time.
If he is the best shot= That's exactly what's wrong with the republican party. As I said before; the Republicans can win the 2012 election if they picked the right candidate. Anything with Trump would lose. I'm curious to see who the Republican party picks. And if they pick a loser again, they only have themselves to blame.

Offline magooch

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2011, 05:57:17 AM »
I know I'm a broken record, but "the Republican Party" does not pick the candidate.  It is the people who vote for a Republican in the primaries who decide who the candidate will be.  The same is at least ostensibly true of the Dumycrat candidate.  The only way that the party could be blamed is if only card carrying party members could vote in the primaries and that is not the case.  Personally, I think the office of President of the United States would be better served if "the party" actually did choose the candidate by means of a very closed process--much the same as some of the myriad of minor parties choose their candidates.
Swingem