Author Topic: Help with shotgun forend  (Read 569 times)

Offline Alias DW

• Trade Count: (7)
Help with shotgun forend
« on: March 30, 2011, 10:30:50 AM »
Just received black synthetic forend from Brownells for shotgun but it is to small. I ordered the one for shotguns. Whats my best remedy? Thanks for any advice.
Lunatic fringe, we know your out there!

Offline Macphoto

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Help with shotgun forend
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 11:21:19 AM »
I have one that I ordered for my 22 rimfire and the channel is too wide.  I was told they only come in one width, but I guess not?  Happy to swap, if you want.   Mac

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 11:45:42 AM »
Just received black synthetic forend from Brownells for shotgun but it is to small. I ordered the one for shotguns. Whats my best remedy? Thanks for any advice.

What barrel are you working with? The TDC and 10ag based barrels are bigger, but all rifle forends do have the same barrel channel, periodic manufacturing changes will vary some tho, doesn't apply to shotgun barrels and forends tho. The synthetic forend will fit a TDC, but you have to modifiy it to fit by enlarging the channel to fit at the chamber swell, I had one on mine for a couple years. I also have a 20ga Pardner, a rifle forend fits it fine, in fact the forend that came on it is identical to the scnable forend on several of my Handi-rifles.

As for rimfire barrels, all forends will be big on them, they're very slim in contour in comparison to other barrels, very similar to Superlights which come with the same forend as any other synthetic Handi.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Alias DW

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 12:01:04 PM »
The barrel is a 12ga.Pardner and the forend was supposed to fit 410 through 12ga. but its the same size as two other superlight rifle forends that I already had. Thanks for your input. :-\

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 12:06:57 PM »
Sounds like you'll have to do some sanding to make it fit.  :-\

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Alias DW

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 05:23:35 PM »
Thanks Quick,thats what I was afraid you'd say. Still can't believe Brownells would list a rifle and a shotgun forend with different #'s for the same forend. Now where's that sandpaper?