Author Topic: TV Coverage of Libyan War Looks Fishy  (Read 617 times)

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
TV Coverage of Libyan War Looks Fishy
« on: March 30, 2011, 07:02:31 PM »
I"ve watched much of the TV coverage of the Libyan "rebels." It's very weird.

If these are common people rising up against an oppressive dictator, where did the get the heavy machine guns and anti-aircraft weapons  shown mounted on the backs of their pick up trucks? 

Also, all of the TV coverage shows them shooting these heavy, truck mounted weapons (i.e. heavy machine guns, anti-aircraft weapons) up in the air, but never turns the camera in the direction of what they are shooting at. If the gunners can see flying targets well enough to shoot at them, can't the TV camera people see those targets well enough to film them? I would like to see what (if anything) these guns are firing at.

Moreover, if there is a "no fly" order, why are they shooting up in the air at all? Who (if anything) are they shooting at?

It just looks phony to me.    After all the lies we were told about Iraq, I think it is  fair to question this new war against a country that has never done anything to us.

Offline beerbelly

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: TV Coverage of Libyan War Looks Fishy
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 02:50:31 AM »
It looks to me like they love to run around firing into the air, screaming Allah Akbar. Any thing else they are doing is beyond me!

Offline Shu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 03:02:34 AM »
There is alot fishy but the heavy weapons etc, came from defecting troops, armories raided and of course europe has been providing material aid. Yes they aren't organized well and have no discipline. By the way most of the so called rebel scenes you see on the news are staged. Just as the flag burnings used to be. The news agencies pay the locals over there to do these things for news shots.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 03:07:14 AM »
This whole millitary action looks fishy. Where are all of the "doves" protesting and calling Obama names? Where is Keith Olberman with a "How dare you Mr. President" speech? I havent heard a peep from Cindy Sheehan either? Where are all of these champions of peace?

Or is this war some how justified because a liberal got us into it under a directive from the UN?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 03:39:02 AM »
  Maybe it looks fishy because it isn't happening.  I mean; now that we have a Nobel Lauriet in the Oval Office there is NO WAY he would lead us into an unjustifiable war of agression for oil.  It's just not possable.... Is it?  He would never put us into a third war, especially never get us into another country's civil war.  It just couldn't be.

All this stuff on the news must just be old footage from when there was a war mongering cowboy in office.  Yeah.  That must be it.

How his supporters continue to give him a pass is beyond me.

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 04:23:28 AM »
R/E firing in the air - I believe its duck season in Libya now....

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 08:21:01 AM »
Nothing like flak to bring a few ducks to pot!
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Pat/Rick

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 08:52:08 AM »
lgm270...exactly....a made for Tel-a-version war. The whole thing is fishy....the goals of the NWO attackers are probably the opposite of humanitarian.

..TM7

Seems there's alot of that anymore eh? Only the left calls it humanitarian. Milosovic was defending his country from an islamic invasion, and koodaffy was repelling "extremists" that wanted him out of office, citing corruption and maltreatment. Our government would exhibit the same actions were we to uprise in force here (and did in the 19th century). For chairman"o" to say koodaffy has to go, and then start bombing, reveals more truth than the spun media story ever will. As you stated before, maybe libya was just too sovereign.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 10:45:13 AM »
Pat/Ricks "koodaffy" is the lesser of two evils, ALA the Shah of iran.
I'd just as soon see him there as some loony iatollah.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Mike38

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 11:13:30 AM »
Scenes from the Libyan “non war” war don’t look real? Staged maybe? Ever seen the movie Wag The Dog?

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 12:34:18 PM »
We are missing pics of crowds of 20 year olds protesting and getting mowed down. Serious, look at footage of any revolution or near revolution (Bhutto assination, Tiananmen Square, etc). Every one has a cell phone now. Our well trained military passes around flash drives of kills. Are you telling me that the rebel rabble is not? Where is the viral video of the violence? Whatever is going on in Libya, it is not a revolution.