Author Topic: Am I wrong..........  (Read 690 times)

Offline Herb in Pa

• Trade Count: (0)
Am I wrong..........
« on: March 31, 2011, 09:42:04 AM »
in my thinking? I previously posted about a problem with factory loaded Hornady brass in 204 Ruger and contacted the factory. They acknowledged a manufacturing problem. I then told them that I would rather have an equivalent value of bullets rather than factory loaded ammunition. They sent me 350 vmax bullets as compensation for 100 loaded factory rounds which I believe is a tad light. I called them last Wednesday and they said they would get back to me...........no return call. Recalled them today and their attitude was that's it. Well, that's it for me and Hornady.........not even a hint of attempting to placate a customer, who through no fault of his own received faulty product.

Offline Pat/Rick

Re: Am I wrong..........
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 09:50:45 AM »
I would send a letter to the gun rags, including Gun Test magazine. I would also send the bullets back to hornady and tell them the origional purchase price is going to be considered as tuition for a class on who not to deal with. (the gun rags won't publish it in all probability. hornady gives them more money than you do)

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 10:39:27 AM »
Herb, I did a rough estamite, looks like you got about $65-$70 worth of bullets. How much did you pay for the ammo? gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Herb in Pa

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 11:40:34 AM »
Herb, I did a rough estamite, looks like you got about $65-$70 worth of bullets. How much did you pay for the ammo? gypsyman

About 90 bucks + aggrivation :'(

Offline Ron T.

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 11:18:39 PM »
I'd keep the bullets and write the gun-rags as well. 

According to my math... you're still about $20 bucks short of your total costs not to mention the aggravation...   :(

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."  - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 04:16:17 AM »

According to my math... you're still about $20 bucks short of your total costs not to mention the aggravation...   :(

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

Not if he shot up half the ammo before finding a problem.   ;)  Just sayin.   ???

Offline Herb in Pa

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 06:33:18 PM »

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

Not if he shot up half the ammo before finding a problem.   ;)  Just sayin.   ???

SHOT A TOTAL OF 6 ROUNDS!!!!!

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 03:31:24 AM »
From this point forward the only person you are going to satisfy is yourownself. If it makes you feel like you are doing something good, then go for it.
Usually hate and anger only effects the one possessing it.
I would probably take a few jabs at them just for the sake of taking a few jabs---then I would let it go.
Plan your strategy for the most effective results and let it fire.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Herb in Pa

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 06:12:37 AM »
Well, my last shot will be at the NRA show in Pittsburgh.........I'll talk to the Hornady people face to face..........then I'm done!

Offline steg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 01:27:05 PM »
Missed the post saying what was wrong with the rounds.......................steg

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 01:35:12 PM »
Reminds me of the Winchester 22 rimfire ammo recall a few years back. "You pay to ship us the defective ammo and we will send you certificates for replacement ammo." How about I just consider it a lesson learned, soak the ammo in oil to deactivate it and never buy your ammo again?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Herb in Pa

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 02:37:28 PM »
Missed the post saying what was wrong with the rounds.......................steg
Rim thickness close to .060", extractor would grab and pull out of chamber, but then would slip off and not eject. Note Hornady doesn't produce their own brass. it's an outside supplier by their own admission.

Offline steg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 04:30:48 PM »
I was thinking that it might be a powder problem, and you could just pull the bullets and remedy the problem, I know it's a pain but is there a way you can just pull the bullets, and make up for that $20.00?..............................steg

Offline Herb in Pa

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 05:02:22 PM »
They got the ammo back..........6 empties and 94 loaded rounds! That's why I'm feeling a little screwed.

Offline The Hermit

• A Real Regular
  • Security is the ability to take care of yourself.
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 06:04:16 PM »
Lakota, I got a box of that Win .22 ammo and didn't know it was recalled till too late. It had a double charge of powder.  I got home one afternoon as one of the boys was shooting the last of the 50 rounds through my NEW Ruger 22/45. What a loud sharp crack.
Most of the cases on the ground had split and the kid didn't even notice it. I examined the pistol and there was no appearent damage.
I miced the chamber to be sure. I sent the empty box to Win and never heard a thing back from them. I spent about a half hour reeducating the boy. Now, hopefully he will pay more attention when things don't sound or act just right. He's the last of the 17 boys me and Donna took in, and I don't want anything to happen to him.

I think William is right. Do what ever makes you feel good about it and put it behind you.  "Customer service ain't what it used to be".

The Hermit

Offline slim rem 7

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 03:53:30 AM »
i would agree william is the voice of much time ,tempered with much experience...
 its usually best to consider this as an asset..
don t take offence william,,you just as young as you think.. :) slim