Author Topic: Meister bullets  (Read 911 times)

Offline rockledr

• Trade Count: (0)
Meister bullets
« on: March 31, 2011, 03:01:49 PM »
I just ordered some 240 grain SWC. I have some Ruger Vaqueros and Super Blackhawks. What are some good recipes for thid bullet? I have looked all over google and no luck. I appreciate the help.

PS no lawsuitss will be filed I just need a starting load... with W296 or H110 preferably.

Offline res45

• Avid Poster
Re: Meister bullets
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 04:20:22 PM »
For cast lead bullets without a gas check I wouldn't use W296 or H110 same powder different can.  You pretty much will have to shoot near max loads with those powders as you can't download them,I don't know if there even listed in the Lyman manuals for use with cast bullet loads,for me those two powder works best with jacketed bullets.

You best choice would be Alliant 2400 or Unique with your cast bullet loads much better flexibility with cast lead bullets.
Linux Mint Mate 15

Offline yooper77

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 07:05:18 AM »
I just ordered some 240 grain SWC. I have some Ruger Vaqueros and Super Blackhawks. What are some good recipes for thid bullet? I have looked all over google and no luck. I appreciate the help.

PS no lawsuitss will be filed I just need a starting load... with W296 or H110 preferably.

If they are hard enough alloy, use http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp for H-110 powder data.

If they are too soft and pushed too hard they will coat your barrel with lead.

yooper77

Offline Larry Gibson

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 07:26:20 AM »
Concur with Res45, results will not be "stellar" with 296 or H110 with 240 gr plain based with a bevel also cast bullets, especially commercial ones.  I've had very good results with the Meister and the LazerCast 240s over 9 - 10 gr of Unique in my four .44 Magnums.  I loaded 300 of the Lazers a couple days ago with 10 gr unique as a matter of fact.  BTW; I wash the hard wax lube off both and relube with Javelina for no leading.  Otherwise a Lewis Lead Remover is handy to have if needed.

Larry Gibson

Offline rockledr

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 10:29:44 AM »
Thanks for the quick reponses. I really appreciate it. Now time to get some powder and work up the loads.