Author Topic: who really owns the u.s.a  (Read 858 times)

Offline ratdog

• Trade Count: (1)
who really owns the u.s.a
« on: April 02, 2011, 11:55:55 PM »
we owe so much money i see no real way to make it right?

Offline Shu

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: who really owns the u.s.a
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 04:44:53 AM »
As with any debt it must be paid down. That means quit making more debt, tightening your belt and paying it down.

I am paying off the kids college loans. I made a promise to take care of their education. That means I can't go hunting, fishing or buy a new gun for the next two years. It means I make do with the same old car for another two years. Unless I find another job that pays more we will live within this budget. It is not that dificult. Stop spending and pay your debts. I really don't know why congress has such a hard time with this.

Online magooch

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 06:31:47 AM »
Well, here's the problem: The Dumbycrats claim that we can only afford to cut federal spending by .075% and the Republicans insist that it be cut by 2%.  The deficit is more than 30% and that doesn't even begin to deal with the national debt.  So there you go; do the math.
Swingem

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 08:50:26 AM »
 I really like the commercial where the subject is , a chinese professor is addresing his class in the prc, telling his students about a nation that strays from its constitution and ideals of its founding fathers. How they keep spending and borowing. The last words are "now they work for us". Of course he's refering to the USA.

About the only thing for this nation to do IMO, is resort to isolationism for a few years and let everybody else make their own way for a few years. If we are so broke and borrowing money from japan and the prc, why doesn't the power shift in the un reflect that  and let those guys pay for the world for a while? Are we so arrogant that we can't take a back seat for awhile? Better that than a total collapse. Our government is only Constitutionally allowed to own the property fo the governance and defense of our nation. Why were they allowed to exceed that authority? I would wager corruption. Corruption of government, corruption of the courts that back and enforce that system. Getting our military out of foreign nations and back home to our states and territories, closing our borders, stopping the gift to SS recipients who haven't paid into the system, and enforcing the 14th amendment would be a good start. All IMO of course.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 09:52:44 AM »
Pat/Rick :)
I like it, I like it. ...................it won't happen :(
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 03:41:50 PM »
It won't happen until we are broke, when foreign nations refuse to loan us anymore. japan is still our largest debtor, will they call in the T bills to rebuild their quake and water tore nation?
 Then the prc will be the largest debtor. Didn't that one past treaty/borrowing arrangment give the prc the right to foreclose and gather collaterol within our borders? (I may be thinking of something else).
  The u n should be kicked out of the US for sure, they are another cause of our destruction IMO. Oh well, I suppose if it mattered, it would be different.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 01:12:09 PM »
 ???
I'm still confused with repaying the foreign creditors. I'm presuming Gold didn't actually change hands but then you would never be told if it was.
Anyway, the USA gives out T-bills in exchange of US $ returned (I presume) from the creditors as borrowed money which earns the creditor some interest, again in fancy printed paper.

So the debt is in US greenbacks which have no standard value, it is just fancy paper. So the Feds print more fancy paper to satisfy the creditors. Seems to me a bizzare shellgame.

What did I miss??

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 01:32:30 PM »
I really like the commercial where the subject is , a chinese professor is addresing his class in the prc, telling his students about a nation that strays from its constitution and ideals of its founding fathers. How they keep spending and borowing. The last words are "now they work for us". Of course he's refering to the USA.

About the only thing for this nation to do IMO, is resort to isolationism for a few years and let everybody else make their own way for a few years. If we are so broke and borrowing money from japan and the prc, why doesn't the power shift in the un reflect that  and let those guys pay for the world for a while? Are we so arrogant that we can't take a back seat for awhile? Better that than a total collapse. Our government is only Constitutionally allowed to own the property fo the governance and defense of our nation. Why were they allowed to exceed that authority? I would wager corruption. Corruption of government, corruption of the courts that back and enforce that system. Getting our military out of foreign nations and back home to our states and territories, closing our borders, stopping the gift to SS recipients who haven't paid into the system, and enforcing the 14th amendment would be a good start. All IMO of course.
Like anyone that spends and spends, there are a few things you need to do to get back on track.
first is establish a priority list of what you are going to spend your money on.
You do not need new toys if the old ones work.
second is to stop borrowing Money!
third is to look for way to increase your income.  Increasing taxes is not the answer.
Decreasing taxes and eliminating rules and regulations that limit the growth of the economy.
fouth is we need cheap fuel and power!  We need to drill, we need to refine, we need to distribute that fuel / power.
Allowing the oil companies to build refineries, to drill, and to distribute will put lots of people to work.
Isolationism is not the answer, heavy tarrifs are not the answer,
Lower taxes and regulations that make building and manufacturing, mining, in the US more cost effective are the answers.
Instead of yelling at everyone for their consumerism, we should encourage consumerism like in the 50's and 60's.
Get the Unions back to working, producing the best products and buildings.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 02:21:49 PM »
the Rothschild family is one of the major players in those that own and control most of the western world.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline The Hermit

• A Real Regular
  • Security is the ability to take care of yourself.
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 04:55:32 PM »
Hell, don't worry about it. The FED "loaned" bail out money to Libiya last year and now we're bombing them. We even bailed out the Europeans. They took the money and beefed up thier balance sheets, while America suffered. The Chinese do own our debt (treasuries), but we're gonna shaft them by inflating away the US dollar. Don't worry, be happy!! Wait till you see food and gas prices this summer. And, that idiot in the White House wants to run again!!
I've been preaching self preservation methods in here for a long while. It's the only thing that we can control as individuals. Garlic is already up in the garden, the chickens are starting to lay, the turkeys are comming to the corn, gold and silver has doubled, and I got venison simmering on the wood stove. Take care of your own, the Chinese aint gonna do it.

The Hermit

Offline Gary G

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 05:49:49 PM »
???
I'm still confused with repaying the foreign creditors. I'm presuming Gold didn't actually change hands but then you would never be told if it was. Gold did change hands before 1971. Nixon took us off the gold standard because our gold was dwindling.
Anyway, the USA gives out T-bills in exchange of US $ returned (I presume) from the creditors as borrowed money which earns the creditor some interest, again in fancy printed paper.

So the debt is in US greenbacks which have no standard value, it is just fancy paper. So the Feds print more fancy paper to satisfy the creditors. Seems to me a bizzare shellgame.

What did I miss?? 
The debt is never repaid, it is just rolled over as more debt. The Fed has been printing money to buy treasury debt; that is quantitative easing. The excess created money devalues the money that you and I hold so it takes more dollars to buy gas. (They will blame it on the gas companies.) In this way they are robbing the people of their wealth so that the politicians can continue to spend. It is a sneaky transfer of wealth from us to them. They have a problem: the FED can't print forever or the money will be worthless and if they stop, who will buy the huge debt that the treasury must float. Interest rates must rise to sell the debt and this will kill the sick housing market.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 10:21:28 AM »
All that would stop and I do mean dead stop if the US $ is no longer the International currency.

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 10:43:17 AM »
All that would stop and I do mean dead stop if the US $ is no longer the International currency.

I would be very,very surprised if that happens. BUT, It is possible. probably not until  the primary nations that are petitioning for it to take place, step up with the UN, and take over financial/military responsibility for the world.( who denies NWO??) China, Russia,France and Spain IIRC are the chief proponents.I would think that russia is still trying to hang on after their collapse, and china would have to revalue its currency to be more favorable on the world stage. If that happened it wouldn't take much to bring the USA to its knees, throw in a large EMP after financial collapse and we could be the new cardboard kingdom.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 11:09:37 AM »

I would be very,very surprised if that happens. BUT, It is possible. probably not until  the primary nations that are petitioning for it to take place, step up with the UN, and take over financial/military responsibility for the world.( who denies NWO??) China, Russia,France and Spain IIRC are the chief proponents.I would think that russia is still trying to hang on after their collapse, and china would have to revalue its currency to be more favorable on the world stage. If that happened it wouldn't take much to bring the USA to its knees, throw in a large EMP after financial collapse and we could be the new cardboard kingdom.

Oh, I expect it to happen fairly soon. China is already backing away. Japan must back away. Countries are making trade agreements to use each others currencies in trade; Brazil, India, Iran, Russia, China. When dollar hegemony does end, just like those dollars were exported in the past, they will then come home to roost and the dollar crisis will begin. No doubt there will be rioting; but, hopefully a peaceful revolution back to constitutional values. You had better be prepared to live a while without money and a government check.

It would have happened anyway. It is the nature of government to grow in power and size, spending with no hesitancy. Fiat currency provides no limit on them.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 11:11:09 AM »
Americans own America and will as long as they can defend it from attacks. At some point it might come to us saying we can't / won't pay and if we still can defend ourselves then what can really be done ? We have absorbed the debt of many if not most nations now its time they suck it up. What was it one country repaid WW2 debt ? How many have paid what we spent to defend them and the free world since WW2 ?

If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 11:25:34 AM »
Pat/Rick
This wouldn't be a volunteering thing for the US. I wonder how many and which countries it would take that agree among themselves to use another currency before the crack in the Dam would lead to a collapse.