Author Topic: 32-20 model 1895 Nagant  (Read 257 times)

Offline Hodr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
  • Blinded by law
32-20 model 1895 Nagant
« on: April 06, 2011, 06:00:14 PM »
I am currently enjoying a 1895 Nagant with reformed 32-20 WCF using the Lee Die set to convert the brass to a straight taper.  It is fun to shoot and Trailboss seems to push a 118 lead slug with energy and conviction but with out approaching the limits of this old 7 shooter.  Only problem is the number of thin brass 32-20 I am crushing during reloading.  Wife comes out and asks what I am upset about.  I complain that if I had the 32 acp cylinder I could at least shoot it without crushing brass during reloading.  Her response, "Get a 32-20 cylinder, DUUUHHH".  I sat there, and tried to think how to explain they didn't make such an animal.  Then I passed a little brain gas and began to think, is it possible to rebore or ream the original cylinder to take the unaltered 32-20 brass.  I seem to have been obsessing about this lately and thought I would ask if any one else thinks it would work.  From what I can find out Nagant was proofed at 18,000 and the 32-20 normaly runs around half that.  This is just a goof around gun for wood walking, tin cans, jack rabbits, really close coyote or feral dog, also my brother in law does not own one----yet.  Any comments would be appreciated.

Hodr
TANSTAAFL