Author Topic: Should interracial marriage be legal?  (Read 3384 times)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Should interracial marriage be legal?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 03:08:17 AM »
No it should not be. Being there is only one race, that being homo sapien sapien. Now intermarrage between different breeds of humans should be perfectly legal, as I would not exist without this.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 03:13:21 AM »
It doesn't surprise me.  That poll will cost Mississippi a new industry or two.  Any company looking to build a factory there will certainly get those poll results courtesy of other states competing for the same factory.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 04:01:16 AM »
Ah TM what does muslim have to do with race? Go back to preaching your antisemitism. I am very interested how you could take this topic and somehow blame it on the Jews. Come on TM humor us our court jester.  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 05:36:44 AM »
I'm going to be very honest and say that I do believe that what is called interacial marriage should certainly be allowed and as far as I know, it is.  However, it is my opinion that potential parents should carefully consider the consequences of some mixtures.  Look what happened when a white woman took up with a black African.  Our country is now in deep jeopardy and a good deal of it is because of that brief union.

So I'll concede that we can't stuff the genie (interracial marriage) back in the bottle, nor should it be attempted, but that doesn't mean that those arrangements won't have reprehensible results.  What I will never concede to is same sex marriages.  Two people of the same sex can engage each other any way they like, but no matter how they try to rationalize it, it ain't marriage.
Swingem

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 05:56:59 AM »
I've made this argument before but...

There are "Republicans" who have no interest in freedom, and only selective interest in the Constitution and it's Amendments.  They like guns, parts of the first, maybe the 10th, but are openly hostile towards some of the other parts, even as they claim to support the Constitution.  What they really want is a christian theocracy.  Actual freedom from the government is only something they talk about.  Now this poll shows that about half the "Republicans" in Mississippi fit firmly into this category.

In short, "keep the government out of my business, unless the government can make something illegal that others do, and I don't like."

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 06:43:21 AM »
So that this thread does not get hijacked like so many others, I'm going to delete any post below this one that does not discuss the topic and instead re-hashes that same muslim-jew crap you guys add to every thread.

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 06:54:32 AM »
Deuteronomy 7:3-4
3Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, 4for they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods, and the LORD's anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline Shu

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 07:07:52 AM »
What is skin color? The outer skin is nothing more than a bucket to hold the good stuff in.

I believe Paul wrote in the book of Romans, "in Christ , there is no jew, or greek but all are the same" yes it's paraphrased but I think the spirit of what he was saying, is what is skin color or national origin, it is the content of the heart that counts.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 07:34:30 AM »
The government has no business being in the marriage business...period. This includes gay marriage, interracial marriage and the issuing of marriage licenses. Why should I have to pay big brother for the right to marry?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline gr8ful

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 07:50:02 AM »
I don't really care about the race or religion of the participants, as long as it is between a man and a woman. just my $.02

Offline Mike38

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 09:05:29 AM »
I have no problem with inter racial marriage. (I personally did not do it, if that matters any.) What I have a problem with is inter cultural marriage. By that I mean two opposite / opposing cultures can collide, causing difficulties in a marriage. It can also confuse the children from the marriage as to which culture to follow.

If a black and a white (or insert skin color here) that were both born in the same country, and are culturally similar get married, that’s fine. But two totally different cultures seem that they can not combine.

Culture includes religions. Can a Catholic marry a Protestant? Sure. Can two Atheists marry? Yep. Can a Christian marry a Jew? Maybe, maybe not. Can a Christian marry a person who’s religion rejects the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Holy Bible? No way, never work.

I also think this is what the Bible intends to say. The mixing of skin colors, no problem. The mixing of cultures, then there is a problem.

I know a white girl that married a black man. She was born and raised in America, and it goes back many generations in her family. Her husband is a black man from some obscure little tribe in Africa. His family goes back many generations in Africa. He used to be a Voodoo. He is now Christian. She is Christian. So while their religions are the same, (sort of) their cultures are about as far apart as you can get. They are struggling in their marriage.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 09:09:47 AM »
Human is the one and only race. I think I understand it. To bad some folks can't see that.

Offline Lost Farmboy

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 12:10:48 PM »
I have to say yes.  If interracial marriage was outlawed I wouldn't know what to do with my beautiful oriental princess. 
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 12:22:50 PM »
I've made this argument before but...

There are "Republicans" who have no interest in freedom, and only selective interest in the Constitution and it's Amendments.  They like guns, parts of the first, maybe the 10th, but are openly hostile towards some of the other parts, even as they claim to support the Constitution.  What they really want is a christian theocracy.  Actual freedom from the government is only something they talk about.  Now this poll shows that about half the "Republicans" in Mississippi fit firmly into this category.

In short, "keep the government out of my business, unless the government can make something illegal that others do, and I don't like."
I agree with this 100 %. There is only one species Homo sapien, Race is the same a breed. It's biologically a subspecies of the species sapien.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 12:27:31 PM »
Human is the one and only race. I think I understand it. To bad some folks can't see that.
There are at least 3 races- subspecies of humans. Depends if you are a lumper or splitter.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 12:28:46 PM »
The people of Mississippi took this poll with an idea in their mind about what inter-racial marriage means.  While that idea may be taxanomically incorrect, that isn't the point.  The point is that nearly half of the Republicans surveyed thought it should be illegal for white people to marry black people.  Whether that means your definition of "race" isn't important.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 12:31:54 PM »
Hence the term "racist".

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 12:34:52 PM »
The people of Mississippi took this poll with an idea in their mind about what inter-racial marriage means.  While that idea may be taxanomically incorrect, that isn't the point.  The point is that nearly half of the Republicans surveyed thought it should be illegal for white people to marry black people.  Whether that means your definition of "race" isn't important.
Maybe according to you, if they knew the true defination it may have helped. I doubt it, but knowledge can't hurt.

Offline Lost Farmboy

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2011, 12:37:52 PM »
Deuteronomy 7:3-4
3Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, 4for they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods, and the LORD's anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you.

This refers to other religions not other races.  For the first 8 years of my marriage my princess was a Buddhist.  She is now a strong Christian. 
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Online Casull

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011, 01:10:34 PM »
There are "Republicans" who have no interest in freedom, and only selective interest in the Constitution and it's Amendments. 

Yeah, Duk, there are "Democrats" who think the same.  So, what's your point?  I mean other than to rip on Republicans?  Funny how the democrat poll that was taken needs a couple of more weeks for the results to be published.  Can you say agenda?  Seriously, this is about Mississippians, not Republicans.    >:(
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline rdmallory

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 02:38:29 PM »
I would suspect that none of us are any one race but a blend of many over the years.  Kind of hard to match plaid with a solid color.

I am supposed to be part black dutch.

Doug

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 04:07:22 PM »
That is exactly correct. Especially since we all started off somewhere in Africa.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 04:25:11 PM »
So that this thread does not get hijacked like so many others, I'm going to delete any post below this one that does not discuss the topic and instead re-hashes that same muslim-jew crap you guys add to every thread.

Exactly my thoughts............You beat me to it Duk ;D
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2011, 05:56:06 PM »
The government has no business being in the marriage business...period. This includes gay marriage, interracial marriage and the issuing of marriage licenses. Why should I have to pay big brother for the right to marry?

Exactly!
Marriage is a  contract that was written by God and is joined into before God therefore it is a religious contract.
The Constitution plainly states Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.
Now with that said interracial marriages have a history of bringing trouble and should not be entered into haphazardly.
For some reason God made us all different. Knowing that God always has our best interests at heart, I don't question his motives.
What is at question here is, the motives of any form of government or group of people that wants to take control of something which was bestowed on us by God, and then dictate it back to us on their terms.

Pat   
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline The Hermit

• A Real Regular
  • Security is the ability to take care of yourself.
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2011, 06:45:52 PM »
Regardless of our personal, religious, moral, or legal beliefs, in less than 150 years, most all people left on earth will look pretty much the same race. I don't worry about interracial marriage as much as I do about same sex marriage.
Sadly, more and more young folks are not getting married, instead, opting for a living arrangement. Their offspring ending up with either parents last name. At 75, I view this as strange. The stigma of doing so has decreased.
The Government has a vested interest in declaring anything as legal. Young people have caught on.

The Hermit

Offline 300winman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2011, 08:03:38 PM »
My wife of 14 years being Mexican, I'm certainly in favor of interracial marriage..........I think our common beliefs, even from different cultures, is what brought us together....But marriage in general, regardless of race, should not be taken lightly, and should be amongst 2 people who have similar beliefs, and can live together harmoniously.

The poll was conducted amongst an older crowd, which still have some hate in their heart seeded from their younger years of open racism in this country.........With some hope, their hate will die with them, and this type of bigotry will become a thing of the past.....
Big Guns get''''r done!!!!

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2011, 08:21:16 PM »
I cant tell anyone who to love/not, love. I would not want anyone telling me who to love.
As far as polls of any kind, they are mostly BS. No one knows the true answers received to such a poll or the motive behind such.
The problems not in Mississippi. Its with anyone thinking this poll has a relevance.

Offline 300winman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2011, 08:46:21 PM »
I cant tell anyone who to love/not, love. I would not want anyone telling me who to love.
As far as polls of any kind, they are mostly BS. No one knows the true answers received to such a poll or the motive behind such.
The problems not in Mississippi. Its with anyone thinking this poll has a relevance.

I think you have a good point.......I have traveled to many states over the years, including many in the south, and haven't found one place any more racist than the other........I have seen just as many racist people here on the LEFT coast as anywhere else.......It all depends on what part of the state, or even what side of town the poll is taken in.........but it is still disturbing there are still quite a few people out there with this type of thinking regardless of the percentage.
Big Guns get''''r done!!!!

Offline SteveHawaii

• Avid Poster
  • Having fun at the Koko Head Shooting Complex
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 08:59:41 PM »
Two out of three marriages in Hawaii are inter-racial.  We love it!
We rarely think people have good sense unless they agree with us.
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld