Author Topic: Some times things just come together  (Read 352 times)

Offline hornady

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Some times things just come together
« on: April 09, 2011, 04:12:53 AM »
I have been casting Lyman 255 Gr, bullets, for my Ruger Black hawk 45LC. With some work I was getting respectable groups, but nothing like some of my other cast bullets in other guns.
I also cast the Lyman 225 LRN for a couple 45ACP,s. the other day I cast some of the 225s and ran them threw the seizer I use for the Black hawk.
I am using W-231 in these loads and needed to play with the load and the OAL because of the profile of these bullets, but the groups tightened right up.
I will still use the 255Gr, for hunting loads, but the 225Gr, LRN look real good on paper out of the Black hawk.

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
Re: Some times things just come together
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 01:04:04 AM »
What moulds do you use?  I recently purchased a 45 Colt Buffalo Classic Handi-rifle.  It is an 18" barrel complementary gun to my Ruger Blackhawk and a whole lot of fun to shoot.  I am currently shooting Bull-X lead SWC's in my reloads, but want to cast my own.  The 7.5" barrel Blackhawk used to lead badly with Unique and hot loads, so i stopped using it.  Now I am shooting the Buffalo Classic and the Blackhawk has come back into favor.  I use Unique (mostly), Hodgdon Clays, and IMR 700X powders.  I have Win 748 too, but do not remember without a load book if that powder is for the Blackhawk or not.