Author Topic: FINALLY a profiled receiver.  (Read 736 times)

Offline mtbugle

• Trade Count: (32)
  • Contributor
FINALLY a profiled receiver.
« on: April 09, 2011, 05:21:42 PM »
Went to gun show today and came back with a AG prefix 158 profiled .410. ;D I already have anouther .410, 22jet, and 30-30 profiled barrels which I have been running on an ole 158 frame. ;) cept it isn't profiled. :( tried new reciever to my barrels, no fit >:( , but the barrels are long, so little filing and not filling needed :). guess I will have to spend a little more time in the shop. Spent 120 on it, hope that isn't too over priced.
Thanks Don.
PS  Looking in faqs this is a 70 model, and noticed it says snap on foreend for 71. How many years did they come with snap on forearms? As my current barrels are snap type.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: FINALLY a profiled receiver.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 07:36:18 PM »
Congrats Don!! You'll get good into from one of our H&R historians that visit the Misc forum regularly, so I've moved it there.

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline mtbugle

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 09:36:14 AM »
Thanks Tim. In my excitement to share I just put where I hang out. But you are right about my questions being more applicable here in this forum.
Thanks Don.

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 12:04:19 PM »
If youve been following recent barrel 'fit-up' posts you already know not to use power tools on the hingepin lug  ;).
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline mtbugle

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 04:59:12 PM »
I don't think I have any power tools that would work for this. I have just been using sand paper wraped around shank of drill bit that seems to be undersized the right amount.
I am kind of interested in what years are the snap forearms info if any one has a good idea.
Thanks Don