Author Topic: Liberals LOVE the high gas prices..or they ought to..  (Read 1676 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Liberals LOVE the high gas prices..or they ought to..
« on: April 11, 2011, 01:20:43 PM »
    You really ought to call your prez and thank him, since it's his doing.  Back in 2008 Steven Chu, his present energy chief said it was their mission to boost gasoline prices to equal those in Europe.  ...And  they are gaining on it !  Here's an article explaining how they planned on putting the screws to the American citizen..read especially the paragraph beside the blue line on the graph.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122904040307499791.html

BHO plays Mr Magnanimous, saying he would refrain from boosting gasoline taxes...here's his little secret; he doesn't have to boost the taxes, since they work on percentage, they automatically rise with the price of gasoline.
   Now do we know why he has placed more mineral rich lands out of reach and still refuses ANWR ?  Now do we know why he stopped drilling in one part of the gulf..then borrowed money IN OUR NAME to help Brasil develop their oil fields in the gulf ?
   Why does he seem duty-bound to keep Americans in a major hurt ?

So what's next ?  What does our illustrious leader have in mind for you and I ?
  Well, he wants us to pay what Europe does..so check this out:

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1809900,00.html

Did you notice, the EU pays on average $8.70 per gal for gas, and $11.50 for diesel ? 
   Aren't you just pleased as punch that you voted him in ?   Gas prices may not rise in the EU...because they buy most all of what Libya produces.  Why would we fight with Libya to keep the EU oil flowing ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Liberals LOVE the high gas prices..or they ought to..
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 02:06:17 PM »
His plan is coming together.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 02:23:47 PM »
Ironglow,
You have to know by now that no matter what you do, raise gas prices, lower gas prices, raise taxes, lower taxes, you are never going to make a liberal happy.
If you raise the price of fuel artifically they will complain that A- It was not enough to get us off fossil fuels, mind you with out any other form of fuel to take it's place realistically.
B- that the sprouts and tofu now cost more, the bus, subway and other forms of public transportation now cost more and are more crowded. 
If you raise taxes it was never enough, and more are needed,
If you lower taxes then it was all about class warfare and the rich get richer, when actually more people become rich as the standard of living increases.
The liberals will not be happy even if we are all riding bicycles and walking, have only cottage industry, and eat only organic tofu and sprouts on collective farms wearing vegan clothing.  But then again that was the idea Pol Pot had for Cambodia, and millions of people posed for rifle fire, that questioned his ideas. And millions more would have starved to death in the silly farming communities.
We need to understand that these people understand nothing of economics, that they believe in feelings rather than hard science, and that no matter what you give them it is never enough and they think they should be incharge, That they know more than you do about your profession or business and how to run it, never having run so much as a lemonaid stand.
We sooner should let 5 year olds e in charge.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 02:31:36 PM »
You have to know by now that no matter what you do, raise gas prices, lower gas prices, raise taxes, lower taxes, you are never going to make a liberal happy.
Just take at look at the posts here . You can easily see that most of the complaining comes from the conservatives.

That they know more than you do about your profession or business and how to run it,

How about all the conservatives here complaining about teaching and have never done it. I'm not talking about the union and salary. I'm talking about all the whining about how easy it is to be a teacher.

Offline powderman

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 02:38:12 PM »
xd. What we are complaing about is the liberals that got us in this mess. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Gary G

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 02:55:06 PM »
It is not just gas prices rising. It is all commodity prices rising and it is a product of the democrats and the republicans easy money, bailouts, and debt, plus the added bonus of the federal reserve creating all those dollars out of thin air to buy that debt.

Here is graph of CRB index:
http://www.crbtrader.com/data.asp?page=chart&sym=BZY00&domain=crb&cancelstudy=&a=D&type=LINE&studies=Volume;STOSL;
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 05:33:57 PM »
Just take at look at the posts here . You can easily see that most of the complaining comes from the conservatives.

That they know more than you do about your profession or business and how to run it,

How about all the conservatives here complaining about teaching and have never done it. I'm not talking about the union and salary. I'm talking about all the whining about how easy it is to be a teacher.

XD;
    I have taught at various levels and various subjects, non-union  of course and I found it to be a cake-walk.  I was quite successful in that endeavor and marveled at just how easy it was in comparison to other jobs I have worked at.  It is remarkable how the union teachers never seem to remark about their  short days, short weeks, short work year, many holidays and general absence of any heavy work. Compare all this gravy to the continual whining we hear.
   However, let us not derail this thread, which concerns the intentional raising of gas prices.  It is the 'progressive' way of bringing the "great unwashed" into submission.
  Surely B Hussein and Steven Chu MUST be slapping each other's backs with joy, while slapping their knees in frivolity at the caper they have pulled upon 'the  peons'.

Mcwoodduck;
  Excellent post and clever description of the inane conversation of the loonie left..  Certainly no question where they have earned that apt sobriquet..THE LOONIE LEFT !
  The juvenile, impractical way  they view things is clearly demonstrated in their desire to be sure they have us paying Euro prices for gas; but they haven't taken into account certain demographics.  Europe has a more thoroughly developed and favored public transportation system .  Their buses and trains are filled daily with commuters, a situation which will only apply here in cities and  their surrounding metroplex.  Western Europe is a more compact land and culture, more amenable to public conveyance.  There is no place in western Europe comparable to the great plains or Rocky mountain areas of the US and/or Canada, say nothing about Alasks and the NW territories.  These areas demand personal conveyance.  European cities were developed with public transportation in mind, while many US  cities have grown up ion the age of the automobile.

...But what does any of that matter, when Joe or Jane Progressive are emotionally tied to curtailing our Constitutional freedoms ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 06:43:09 PM »

None of the liberals I know are happy about high gas prices - I was with one just the other day, she's distinctly unhappy about high gas prices.

Guess that makes you... wrong, Ironglow. But I'll ask around a bit, and see if I can find some libs happy about high fuel. And I'll inform them that they should be happy - that's your position, do I understand rightly?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 12:12:23 AM »

XD;
    I have taught at various levels and various subjects, non-union  of course and I found it to be a cake-walk.  I was quite successful in that endeavor and marveled at just how easy it was in comparison to other jobs I have worked at.  It is remarkable how the union teachers never seem to remark about their  short days, short weeks, short work year, many holidays and general absence of any heavy work. Compare all this gravy to the continual whining we hear.
   However, let us not derail this thread, which concerns the intentional raising of gas prices.  It is the 'progressive' way of bringing the "great unwashed" into submission.
  Surely B Hussein and Steven Chu MUST be slapping each other's backs with joy, while slapping their knees in frivolity at the caper they have pulled upon 'the  peons'.

Mcwoodduck;
  Excellent post and clever description of the inane conversation of the loonie left..  Certainly no question where they have earned that apt sobriquet..THE LOONIE LEFT !
  The juvenile, impractical way  they view things is clearly demonstrated in their desire to be sure they have us paying Euro prices for gas; but they haven't taken into account certain demographics.  Europe has a more thoroughly developed and favored public transportation system .  Their buses and trains are filled daily with commuters, a situation which will only apply here in cities and  their surrounding metroplex.  Western Europe is a more compact land and culture, more amenable to public conveyance.  There is no place in western Europe comparable to the great plains or Rocky mountain areas of the US and/or Canada, say nothing about Alasks and the NW territories.  These areas demand personal conveyance.  European cities were developed with public transportation in mind, while many US  cities have grown up ion the age of the automobile.

...But what does any of that matter, when Joe or Jane Progressive are emotionally tied to curtailing our Constitutional freedoms ?
Glad you found teaching easy.Physically it's not a difficult job. Mentally I found it exhausting. What did you teach, what levels did you teach, where did you teach???

Online DDZ

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 12:52:44 AM »

Maybe the reason is, because you keep bringing it up about how tough teachers have it, and you get arguments against your "teachers have it so tough rant".  Seams to me you are the one always whining, about how tough you had it.   Anyway, what in the world does the topic of this thread have to do with teachers anyway?

The idea with liberals is that if gas prices are high those evil people with suv's and pickup trucks will quit driving them, and the environment will be saved. 

Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 01:12:33 AM »
has anyone noticed that the current regime looks just like the old communist chairman and his politburo?
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 01:25:09 AM »
......None of the liberals I know are happy about high gas prices - I was with one just the other day, she's distinctly unhappy about high gas prices.

Guess that makes you... wrong, Ironglow. But I'll ask around a bit, and see if I can find some libs happy about high fuel. And I'll inform them that they should be happy - that's your position, do I understand rightly?
Don't worry; he's used to being wrong.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 01:33:51 AM »
DDZ-That they know more than you do about your profession or business and how to run it,

This is what I was referring to. Used it as a concrete example as to how cons are also guilty as charged. Please;Try to stay in the context of the discussion.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 01:46:00 AM »

None of the liberals I know are happy about high gas prices - I was with one just the other day, she's distinctly unhappy about high gas prices.

Yellow;
          You simply MUST start working with your reading comprehension !   I didn't say liberals ARE happy with the costly gasoline..let me quote again for you;  "liberals LOVE thehigh gas prices...or they  ought to..
     You see; if they vote for someone whose energy spokesman alrerady informed us that we should be paying Euro prices for gasoline, then obviously they were all for it !

note: I added color to emphasize the operative word, which you apparently missed.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 02:10:48 AM »
You have to know by now that no matter what you do, raise gas prices, lower gas prices, raise taxes, lower taxes, you are never goin ong to make a liberal happy.

XD;
    I have taught at various levels and various subjects,  non-union  of course, and I found it to be a cake-walk.  I was quite successful in that endeavor and marveled at just how easy it was in comparison to other jobs I have worked at.  It is remarkable how the union teachers never seem to remark about their  short days, short weeks, short work year, many holidays and general absence of any heavy work. Compare all this gravy to the continual whining we hear.

Mcwoodduck;

Glad you found teaching easy.Physically it's not a difficult job. Mentally I found it exhausting. What did you teach, what levels did you teach, where did you teach???

XD40;
   OK, although I don't want to derail the thread, let's share the same question by exchanging the requested information about ourselves.  We can just answer the three questions you posed, I'll start by supplying the answer to the first question..then you reply with the answers to all three and I'll follow with the other two.  Is it a deal ?

Question #1:     What have you taught ?      Answer:    A) Application of coatings to high steel.   B)  Classes in artistic blacksmithing  C) Classes on current events in the light of Scripture  D) High school history class  D) A class on Biblical studies in an historical context   E) Instructing trainees on building vertical structures of 100' and under..and I won't  start to list the classes I have taught for the military.
      There XD40, I have answered your first question, now in trust, you provide answers to all three and I will follow with my answers to the final two. NOW, let's get back to the thread...liberals voted for a man who said he wanted to "fundamentally transform" our country !

He's fairly well done it...we are suffering from more unemployment than ever before, deeper in debt than ever before and cow-towing to foreign dictators in ways we have never done before !

Note:  What may be "foreign dictators" to we native born Americans, may not seem the same to him..

Offline magooch

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 03:40:36 AM »
So if high energy prices isn't what turns liberals on, what is it about the Obamanation that does get them going?  Could it be the thrill of higher taxes, higher medical insurance, higher food prices, extreme national debt ... what is it about the "regime" that turns you guys on?
Swingem

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 04:53:57 AM »
When oil prices were up during the Bush-Cheney years it was their friends in Big Oil.  Every day the Left Wing hammered on Haliburton and Cheney for the terrrible burden of high oil prices.  The prices of oil is now at historic levels and will crash our already weak economy.  Bush-Cheney are history.  The Liberal Dems are in charge.  And Damn the press is quite. ???

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 05:00:16 AM »
You have to know by now that no matter what you do, raise gas prices, lower gas prices, raise taxes, lower taxes, you are never goin ong to make a liberal happy.

XD;
    I have taught at various levels and various subjects,  non-union  of course, and I found it to be a cake-walk.  I was quite successful in that endeavor and marveled at just how easy it was in comparison to other jobs I have worked at.  It is remarkable how the union teachers never seem to remark about their  short days, short weeks, short work year, many holidays and general absence of any heavy work. Compare all this gravy to the continual whining we hear.

Mcwoodduck;

XD40;
   OK, although I don't want to derail the thread, let's share the same question by exchanging the requested information about ourselves.  We can just answer the three questions you posed, I'll start by supplying the answer to the first question..then you reply with the answers to all three and I'll follow with the other two.  Is it a deal ?

Question #1:     What have you taught ?      Answer:    A) Application of coatings to high steel.   B)  Classes in artistic blacksmithing  C) Classes on current events in the light of Scripture  D) High school history class  D) A class on Biblical studies in an historical context   E) Instructing trainees on building vertical structures of 100' and under..and I won't  start to list the classes I have taught for the military.
      There XD40, I have answered your first question, now in trust, you provide answers to all three and I will follow with my answers to the final two. NOW, let's get back to the thread...liberals voted for a man who said he wanted to "fundamentally transform" our country !

He's fairly well done it...we are suffering from more unemployment than ever before, deeper in debt than ever before and cow-towing to foreign dictators in ways we have never done before !

Note:  What may be "foreign dictators" to we native born Americans, may not seem the same to him..
Your correct-teaching adult classes and in private non public schools is a cake walk. You'll get no argument from me on that. Try teaching in the public school system where you are resented for trying to instill knowledge from both students and some  parents. If you want to discuss this further, we can do it through PM since I don't want to hijack the topic.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 05:12:13 AM »
 XD40;
   Yes, I can concur with you on your contention of the difficulty of teaching in some public schools, you should not have to put up with some of the students (and parents) that you have to.  My younger brother and his wife taught their whole careers in High schools & universities. Theirs were not as bad as some, since their high schools were in affluent communities. Frankly, I could understand better if teachers when protesting or striking... would be insisting upon better, more orderly classes, rather than more money for less work...which I consider more of a union leadership hangup.

Actually, you may not agree, but I believe that Soros, with Obama as his handmaiden..is trying desperately to break our nation..he has tried that elsewhere before.  Conspiracy theorists waste time on old, worn outgroups such as Skull & Bones, illuminati, CFR and Trilateral commission etc., while the newer, more potent groups are operating in plain sight:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/dan-gainor/2011/03/24/gainor-column-why-are-media-ignoring-soro-plans-remake-entire-global-eco

Nowdays they go under titles such as " Institute for New Economic Thinking" (INET)...and other Soros/progressive organizations.
  While most of us simply want to "live and let live" ...while others seem to consider their destiny to be rulership over others.

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 05:41:43 AM »
Thank libs for Dow 12k as long as you are at it.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 06:43:02 AM »

I have not complained about teaching or told you or anyone what or how to teach.
I simply look at the state of our schools and see that throwing $ at it so far has not been the answer.
I am guessing that you are a teacher, and let me ask this.  If I doubled your salary would that make you a better teacher?  Would you be able to give more attention to the kids?  If we trippled the school budgets would that raise the test scores, lower the drop out rate and increase College attendance?
A better question is when ever the dolts in Government spend all the tax money why do they threaten the tax payers with cutting schools, police, fire departments, and hospitals?  Shouldn't we set up a priority system to the Federal, State, and local budgets with the ellected people and their staffs as last on the list?  After all they are the ones that set up the budget, increased taxes to drive jobs out of the area, and in the case of CA are spending a few hundred million on new text ooks that show same sex families.  So now in stead of Dick and Jane see Spot.  Spot is Jane's Dad's dog.  It will now be; Dick, has two daddies, both of his daddies have a dog named Spot.  jane has two mommies and they have a cat named Fluffy.
Do we really need this?  Reguardless of your political view, do we really need to spend millions on new diverse inclusive text books?

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 08:39:07 AM »
maybe- depends

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 08:52:49 AM »
Wildly off topic.  Please find your way back to liberals and gas prices.  If you want to continue the teaching and text books debate, make a new thread.

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 10:41:20 AM »
Wildly off topic.  Please find your way back to liberals and gas prices.  If you want to continue the teaching and text books debate, make a new thread.
Dang.  I wanted to find out how a welder could teach a high school history class.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 11:46:58 AM »
Dang.  I wanted to find out how a welder could teach a high school history class.
I feel like I address this concern when I said "...make a new thread.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 11:52:42 AM »
On the news this morning they had some dolt talking about the raise in fuel prices similar to a tax.
That people are having to cut back on other area of spending to meet the higher costs of fuel and the associated other costs that rise along with the costs of fuel.  he then said that the "tax" does have the benefit of adding police, schools, or other things taxes do and that 60% of the costs are headed off shore for inported oil.
This tells me three things.
1) we need to stop inporting oil and use what we have to recover that 60% and have it taxable
2) we need to get out of the zero sum gain tax idea.  Increased taxes are killing the economy that is killing the tax base.
3) we need to express to government that with out fuel at reasonable costs there is no more money for the pet liberal projects, State unions, and services.
Somebody teach this in schools!  Basic economics supply and demand, Economic rule #1 Willing and ABLE to pay.
#2 Profits are good.  The allow inovation in the market, employ goods and services efficiently, employ people, raise income.
And for all you liberals allow for reasonable Taxes to be paid to fund those pet projects.  That so far have not worked!

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2011, 01:32:55 PM »
HOT TIP= stock up now the whole system will crash when quarterly reports come out for the stocks. Japans crisis is our crisis no one will be getting parts to operate or make things so High fuel prices will suck the economy dry just like last time,
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline wareagleguy

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2011, 02:47:28 PM »
When I hear anyone talking about we need to stop importing oil I know it is someone that has NO CLUE!  The price is set on wall street!  It makes no difference if it is homegrown or imported.  Are you that stupid! >:(
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2011, 02:48:56 PM »
The price is set by the consumer.  They only sell what we buy.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2011, 03:00:37 PM »
When I hear anyone talking about we need to stop importing oil I know it is someone that has NO CLUE!  The price is set on wall street!  It makes no difference if it is homegrown or imported.  Are you that stupid! >:(
Opec sets the price per barrel of oil.
The refinery sets the price for the refined fuels based on supply and demand.
 States and the Federal government add to the price in the form of taxes.
when the price gets too high and it becomes cost effective to drill domestic supply then we need to have that as an option.
We need to beable to put our resources into action to drive the price back down.
As long as there is a huge demand for energy and a limited supply the prices are going to increase.
The Department of Energy was formed to get the US off  OPEC oil in the mid 70's and all they have done is made it so we are more dependant.
I will argue to the day I die that it will be cleaner for the enviroment, more cost effective and better for our economy, the one that runs the other world economies, if we have access to our oil supplies.
I may be Stupid, but sending Trillions of $ over seas for the shipping and drilling of oil that can be done here cleaner and cheaper makes sense to me.  And not allowing us to drill here (land) off the coast of CA, or in the Gulf of Mexico does not make sense but allowing Venezula and China to do so really does not make sense.
Call me names if you wish.  But I think you are not looking at the whole picture.