Author Topic: NeoLib Soros Holds 'Bretton Woods Meeting' for Globalists  (Read 766 times)

TM7

NeoLib Soros Holds 'Bretton Woods Meeting' for Globalists
« on: April 12, 2011, 03:31:24 AM »

IG....was this mentioned on FOXy, or by Soros watcher Beck...? Why do I have to get this info from foreign sites..?  Reciprocal neolib Soros hold as very quiet 2nd Bretton Woods meeting...world heavyweights show up.   

...fyi......TM7

Soros seeks new global system at Bretton Woods

Published: 09 April, 2011, 00:59

Soros seeks new global system at Bretton Woods

Billionaire investor and currency speculator George Soros is holding a conference to reform the world’s economy at the same site where today’s system was once agreed to.

Kicking off in Bretton Woods, the conference is bringing together world leaders in business, humanitarianism, academics and economics. Soros’ objective is to find a new way forward, arguing that the old system and status quo are faltering.

Peter Schiff, the president of Euro Pacific Capital said the event should focus on the global economy, specifically the US dollar and reinstating the gold standard.

However, the conference is unlikely to do so, as most in attendance favor a monetary system which resembles the current one, not one of the past.

The US is printing money and issuing the global reserve currency irresponsibly, Schiff argued. When gold was the standard this was not possible and the economy was in a better place.

“The dollar has no intrinsic value on its own. Prior to the dollar becoming the reserve currency, gold was the reserve. Gold has intrinsic value,” he argued. “The only solution is to jettison the dollar and to re-in-place gold as the reserve.”

Returning to gold would stabilize the economy and interest rates, he explained, preventing market bubbles and massive deficits to forms. If the dollar was no longer the reserve, the entire system would be more stable, Schiff contended.

“There is such a lack of understanding amongst the hierarchy or elite about economics,” he said, explaining why so many leaders and experts refuse to re-adopt the gold standard. “You have this conventional wisdom that is wrong.”

Schiff said that a structure based on a metal with intrinsic value would prevent the world from falsely propping up the US dollar. With the dollar as the reserve, the world is forced into thinking they must lend and alter the markets to keep the dollar strong because it has no natural value.

If gold were the standard again, all of these problems would be solved, he contended

http://rt.com/usa/news/soros-global-system-bretton-woods/

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: NeoLib Soros Holds 'Bretton Woods Meeting' for Globalists
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 09:08:06 AM »
Only if gold would have a fixed paper money value. How to agree to that is the question.
It doesn't have to be gold, it could be silver, platinum or a bushel of wheat.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline squirrellluck

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 04:56:21 PM »
I vote for wheat!

Offline crab cake

• crabby and flabby but not too shabby!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 04:05:17 AM »
Bretton Woods- first place I ever went skiing!
Listen up fellers, these are FREE pearls of wisdom!
Just remember, you get what you pay for :)

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 05:05:21 AM »
Glen Beck has mentioned this on his show.  He has attacked Sorros on his show many times.  I think that is why they are taking him off Fox regardless of what Fox says. 

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 07:46:58 AM »
.............. Anyway, Beck is being characterized as an anti-semite since he keeps mentioning too much who is running the Big Show...that's why he is out of there.....primarily...

..TM7

He got to close to the "wormwood" with his "follow the money" and who controls it which leads to................you guessed it...........maybe ;)
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 09:20:06 AM »
I will rejoice soros' death.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 09:26:16 AM »
The value of the dollar was backed by America's ablity to produce , then we forced production off shore . Anyone see the problem ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !