Author Topic: burris timberline or leupold rifleman?  (Read 805 times)

Offline Gallahad

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Contributor
burris timberline or leupold rifleman?
« on: April 14, 2011, 04:42:20 PM »
timberline has better eye relief, is more compact, and has glass at least as good doesnt it? timberline 3-9x32 vs. rifleman 2-7. just want to make an informed decision. Thanks

Offline whitetailmaniac

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Avid Poster
  • Chris, Texas
Re: burris timberline or leupold rifleman?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 02:30:54 AM »
Im a leupold man all the way. But my dad bought a timberline for his AR. It is a great scope. Dont think you could go wrong either way.

Chris

Offline Pinkerton

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 05:05:30 AM »
I really like the Timberline for the extra eye relief and would buy again in a heartbeat. The rifleman is a great scope as well but I really like the extra eye relief.

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 06:23:58 AM »
I have leupolds & burris scopes. I used to be a big fan of burris scopes, but alot of their cheaper scopes are imported. So does that make them bad or junk scopes No not at all. Im just trying to buy American made products , so my choice would be Leupold. The older Burris shortmags were made in the USA, Ive got one of those waiting to be mounted on a future gun purchase. Its a great scope, I know what you,re saying about the eye relief.
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline Delbert

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 01:47:54 PM »
When looking at scopes for my 30-30 Marlins, I compared the Rifleman to the Burris FullfieldII model(I know different scope), BUT, the Burris won the contest over the Leupold in many ways. It had better eye relief, better light transmission to see things that the naked eye can't quite make out at a distance. Looking at dark areas of store, I could make out other dark things in the shadows that I just couldn't see with the Rifleman. Also Burris has better/tighter adjustment clicks to help hold POI after adjustments, which now does away with the locking down of the adjustments that some of the older Burris's had. The Burris is parallax adjusted at 100yds, while the Rifleman is parallaxed at 150yds. Now this might not make too much difference, but I don't know of anybody who zeros their rifles in at 150/300/450 yards. Just something I would bring up if you're only shooting between 75 to 200 yards. Also I believe the Timberline is a model ABOVE the FullfieldII models from looking at the Burris optic site and prices the manufacture suggests. One thing the Leupold Rifleman does have over the Burris is it's "Ring of Gold"--no questions asked type warranty. You could also E-mail Burris and ask them questions about the Timberline before making final decision,to know you're getting the scope you want. Also Burrisoptic.com has videos that show scope erector differences(variable powers)/torture testing/other videos, of some of their scopes that helped me with my scope decisions. I'm gonna go with Burris from now on.
Del