Author Topic: TAXES...The rich should pay more..  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Buck-Ridge

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: TAXES...The rich should pay more..
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2011, 09:00:46 PM »
Redistribution isn't fair or right up or down. I'm not rich but very close to half my income goes to taxes. My wife and I both work and always have and we don't overspend. But it's discouraging to always have the threat of being taxed more. The tax code needs to be changed so that everyone pays. I don't care how poor you are you need to share the burden. And the rich need to pay taxes too. There are too many loopholes. I'm for a flat tax and elimination of the income tax.

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 02:08:14 AM »
Income tax is not all about money.  The income tax law allows for incredible control over the American public.  The IRS is the most powerful police force in the world. The government uses the audit to intimidate its enemies.  The most powerful criminals have been brought down by the IRS.  Millions of innocent Americans have been rendered hopless by the IRS.  You will never see the end to this system. :(

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 03:36:44 AM »
Nobody, even the rich, should have to pay more tax's. Govt. should spend less. They're creating more jobs that don't produce, or serve. Our local school system, just eliminated 3 administrative jobs. And, several teaching positions. Funny, my kids are still being taught, no kids have been kicked out of the schools because of lack of teachers. Bus service has been eliminated at the high school, but somehow the kids still make it there.
I just read where the IRS has hired a couple hundred more workers, to find out where they can scrape up more money. Maybe they should start in Washington,DC. That'll keep 'em busy for a couple years! ;D gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 04:47:51 AM »
IG>   TM; you said all that above..and still didn't say a thing ! Especially, you didn't explain as asked,  what "mutual fairness" is...
My apologies IG,,,,I will try to dumb down my responses in the future... ::)  Point is there is plenty of writings on 'mutual fairness', natural order, and other related topics you deny or aren't aware.....from Christ, Ghandi, de Torqueville, Jefferson, Rousseau, and so many many more...one of the highest endeavors of man to consider this topic...NOT DENY OR IGNORE IT. One reason we have a Consitution to perserve human rights, in fact.

Such considerations were one reason our tax system was 'progressive' for along time, beginning with the last 40 years the entire 'tax burden' is now essentially flat_ _actually regressive. SO, How's that working for you?...you seem to be complaining more than ever, got no money, paying more tax and the economic system is not too good for the average citizen ... yet you want to keep doing more of the same. 
Let's see ....that's the definiton of _________?

...TM7

Obviously the tax burden is not"flat"..the top 1% still pay 40% of the federal taxes.while the bottom 50% pay virtually none...some in fact, by way of the misnomer.. "earned income tax law" are collecting funds other people earned.  Hardly a "flat" tax rate !
     BTW;   You STILL have not defined your "mutual fairness" doctrine..
   Sure, you did some name-dropping...  Jesus, Ghandi, De Toqueville, Jefferson etc...but you still did not define your idea of "mutual fairness" and who mdecides what fairness is.. ;) :D
  ....And you need not attempt to lecture myself or the typical Tea Party member about the Constitution...it is what we live by !

To the contrary, our struggle is against trhe liberals, who are continually trying to subvert and subtend the Constitution .

So;  in your world, just WHO decides what "fairness" is ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 01:28:58 PM »
TM
I think that  "Mutual Fairness" is confused  with "Mutual Freedom".
You would think that these are the same but they are not. For society to work it must promote freedom not fairness.
Fairness can only be agreed on by multiple entities, society is a singular entity. No singular entity can decide what is fair by it's self.
Jesus taught appsolutes , the freedom to choose and the consequences of those choices in no way did he promote fairness.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline magooch

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2011, 03:46:41 AM »
No simple flat tax that I've heard of is that simple and the fairness of any new tax scheme must be viewed from the perspective of what presently obtains.  Also, all of this talk about "employment tax" and property tax and sales tax and so on is not pertinent to the subject of income tax unless you want to have a tax system such as the one Newt Gingrich once proposed where no one would have to pay more than 25 per cent of their income in all taxes combined.

At present, if most folks actually do a simple math problem and figure what the per cent of their income their income tax represents, they will find that it isn't that much.  Not that I'm saying we should be paying more, but be very careful not to embrace a plan that says something like, "we should all pay a flat 10%", or as some plans have stated--a flat 17%.  Either figure would amount to a huge increase in what the majority of actual payers, pay.  The upper earners would be the beneficiaries of any flat tax I"ve heard of and hey that's fine with me.
Swingem

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2011, 03:55:36 AM »
I'm for a real flat tax. Everyone pays one hundred bucks a year taxes. Now that is fair to everyone.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline magooch

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2011, 04:06:12 AM »
Billy, you might want to run that past those who receive that "earned income tax thingy."
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2011, 04:28:45 AM »
  Indeed Magooch !  The problem of course is that those who receive that "earned income tax credit" ...and get it in real dollars, didn't earn those dollars at all...others did ..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2011, 04:44:26 AM »
Yeah, and what is with this idiotic advertising that must be costing millions to inform the masses that they too might be eligible to receive some free guvmint money?  Even our stinking Governor has an ad telling people they might be able to get up to $5600 in EIC if they make less than $48,000 per year.  If the stupid government can't give it away, they piss it away on ads.
Swingem