Author Topic: Ruger (Rossi) Circuit Judge .410 choke issue  (Read 3639 times)

Offline Amboy Duke

• Trade Count: (0)
Ruger (Rossi) Circuit Judge .410 choke issue
« on: April 18, 2011, 03:37:13 PM »
Some members have been questioning whether it is necessary to remove the factory installed thread protector sleeve on the Circuit Judge in order to use  .410 gauge shot.  The .45LC thread protector sleeve is there for just one reason: to protect the .410 choke-tube threads. The gun manual states that the barrel chokes are to be exchanged in order to obtain "adequate firearm operation, safety and accuracy". 

However, I have a question. In an article in the April, 2011 issue of Guns Magazine, Holt Bodinson added that the choke tubes are cut with a left-hand thread and must be turned clockwise to remove them.  Since the manual is silent about the left hand thread, I have been reluctant to unscrew the .45LC sleeve installed on the gun when I received it.  When I tried to turn the .45LC  sleeve clockwise,it would not turn and there was so much resistance, I chickened out.  Does anyone else know about the left-hand thread for certain? 

Offline The Old Redneck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Ruger (Rossi) Circuit Judge .410 choke issue
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 06:51:13 PM »
Yes, it is tight, and it is left hand threads. I put anti seize on the threads when I got it out. Would
use it often to make the tubes easier to get out. Was impressed with the way the gun shoots.

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
Re: Ruger (Rossi) Circuit Judge .410 choke issue
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 03:06:42 PM »
Why did you title your thread with Ruger in it?
Steve
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA
AF&AM #294
LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years/now retired!