Author Topic: What is the proper protocol for an American...?  (Read 2049 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
What is the proper protocol for an American...?
« on: April 19, 2011, 02:12:51 AM »
  What is an American's proper conduct when our national anthem is being sung and/or played ?  For myself, while in military uniform, I stand at attention and render a hand salute.  Otherwise I stand at attention and possibly place right hand over heart.

Obviously, The union thugs and their supporters have a different way of honoring our troops since 1776 who have given "the last measure of their devotion"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IURPRHVuqvM&feature=player_embedded

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What is the proper protocol for an American...?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 03:03:58 AM »
Looks like they had no home training ! They throw away freedom to join a mob. I hope they lose all their perks .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 04:10:19 AM »
Keep in mind in America We the people are govt. and if most of the people resent the actions of the mob they will lose. Yes time will tell.

Online magooch

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 05:30:55 AM »
This time I've got to agree with TM; I thought that mob was revolting too.
Swingem

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 05:34:04 AM »
This time I've got to agree with TM; I thought that mob was revolting too.

Guess they revolt like the muslims BRING CHILDREN FOR COVER

Offline Val

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 06:04:33 AM »
I wouldn't label all union members as leftist. I would maintain that most are mainstream Americans with many vets among them. Unfortunately, in order to keep their jobs they must belong to a union and pay union dues. The union leaders are the exteme leftists who contribute heavily to leftist causes and politicians. That results in legislation favoring the union organization. It's in keeping with our system of Government in the US, "the best politician that your money can buy". Unfortunately the union members have absolutely no say in what contributions are made with their union dues.
Hunting and fishing are not matters of life or death. They are much more important than that.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 06:31:57 AM »
Val I agree , but until the closed shop laws are done away with there will be no change.

Offline coldmold

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 07:29:16 AM »
 >:(I am damned near 70 yrs old and have worked in both union and non union jobs. Every union member I ever met was self serving leftist.

Offline powderman

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 07:33:56 AM »
>:(I am damned near 70 yrs old and have worked in both union and non union jobs. Every union member I ever met was self serving leftist.

Same here. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 10:02:43 AM »
In TM's mind its the TP fault that the people are fed up, The serfs are revolting huh? The disdain you have for working people just drips from your words.

Looks like the serfs are revolting.....and they don't like the hypocrisy of the elites, ruling class, TPTB, oppressors or whatever you call their adversaries..  Its going to get interesting.

..TM7

Bend
Over
Here
It
Comes
Again

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 10:29:14 AM »
BTW anyone who has served in the US Military can render a hand salute even though not in uniform.  I'm wondering are we supposed to remove our cover if we are not in uniform when rendering the hand salute?
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 10:52:09 AM »
  Val..
   As with coldmold, I have worked both union and non-union.  I have never been a leftist, but I have noted that the  most rabidly pro-union members are also rabid lefties. 
    Of course with the pro-union, far left mob, who would they be revolting against ?  ..After all Obammy is "their guy" along with everyone in his Admin..

Truth is, this was the counter to the Tea Party gathering..so we should compare them to the Tea Party.  Can anyone picture the Tea Party disrespecting our national anthem and our troops who 'gave their last full measure" in such a way as this mob did ?  If you say you can...be careful, your nose will probably be growing ... ;) :D
   Also; compare this rabble and their action, with the decent conduct and actions of the Tea Party. 

So; let's not abandon the thread..   What is the proper protocol for Americans while their national anthem is playing ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DDZ

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 11:03:40 AM »
  What is an American's proper conduct when our national anthem is being sung and/or played ?  For myself, while in military uniform, I stand at attention and render a hand salute.  Otherwise I stand at attention and possibly place right hand over heart.

Obviously, The union thugs and their supporters have a different way of honoring our troops since 1776 who have given "the last measure of their devotion"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IURPRHVuqvM&feature=player_embedded

Yes IG,  that is the proper conduct when the National Anthem is being played. Remove your hat, stand at attention, look at the flag, place your hand over your heart, and shut your mouth, while its being played or sung. What a despicable bunch, I didn't even see a person remove their hat. Not surprising though, the type of people that the crowd represented.
I don't care what their reason was for being there, how about showing some respect. No reason to make any excuse for them what so ever, because there is no excuse.

Thanks for sharing IG, it just reminds us of the disrespect some people have, other than for themselves. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline gstewart44

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 04:58:59 PM »
IG - I learned respect for the anthem and the USA during my years in Boy Scouts after elementary school.    I will still uncover and hold my hand over my heart during the anthem (and pledge of allegiance for that matter).     What irks me the most is every year my family goes to the NASCAR race at Daytona for the 4th of July.....    I am appalled at the number of ignorant and disrespectful people that stay covered, talk, and ignore the Anthem.      I am convinced that many of these race watchers are the lowest common denominator of society.      And I love the races!
I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less. (Gus McCrae)

Offline Buck-Ridge

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 08:45:23 PM »
 I live in the south and have never been or seen anyone disrespect the National Anthem at any event except a few that didn't remove a hat. Someone in the crowd always promptly reminded them and they all removed their hats and apologized.
 These thugs have no manners at all and if they can't behave properly they don't deserve to have their opinion heard. There is an appropriate way to address grievances with government and what I am seeing on the news isn't the way.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 10:11:25 PM »
In TM's mind its the TP fault that the people are fed up, The serfs are revolting huh? The disdain you have for working people just drips from your words.

Looks like the serfs are revolting.....and they don't like the hypocrisy of the elites, ruling class, TPTB, oppressors or whatever you call their adversaries..  Its going to get interesting.

..TM7

Bend
Over
Here
It
Comes
Again

???Are you Out of your mind.?  ??? ::)....How you come up with this stuff...especially from what I wrote is mind boggling.. :o
As if I'm against working folks....incredible.... ::)  Take a remedial reading class or something guy...!

..TM7

The crybabies in the video are the same crybabies who soiled their own nests two weeks ago in madison. TM- the TP party isn't the problem- its only just starting to wake up.....

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 02:17:14 AM »
IG - I learned respect for the anthem and the USA during my years in Boy Scouts after elementary school.    I will still uncover and hold my hand over my heart during the anthem (and pledge of allegiance for that matter).     What irks me the most is every year my family goes to the NASCAR race at Daytona for the 4th of July.....    I am appalled at the number of ignorant and disrespectful people that stay covered, talk, and ignore the Anthem.      I am convinced that many of these race watchers are the lowest common denominator of society.      And I love the races!

gstewart;
       We all learned early on to honor our flag...and by extension, our war heroes along with it.  Anyone, whether race event attenders or the raucous, self-centered crowd shown in the video..who dishonors our heroes and flag deserve real condemnation.
   Buckridge says you must have struck an anomaly in NASCAR fans ...since the vast majority do honor the flag.  I don't know about NASCAR races since I never attend them, I dion't even watch them on TV.
   I live and have lived in the north most of my life although I have lived in the south for several years.  By and large, I must admit that in a general sense, the southern folks are more respectful of our flag and troops.  Still, a real patriot is a real patriot...irrespective of geography.

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 02:36:29 AM »
The great lost cause.  These people who elected the most left wing U.S government history are frustrated. They elected a president and a congress.  They expected the Treasury to be opened to them. What did they get for their efforts?  Well how about the highest unemployment in history. They now have more people losing their homes, and 3 wars raging.  They have fuel prices crushing their mobile life styles. The price of food going up like a bottle rocket. They see their noncompetitive government jobs threatened. And to add to their woes the Tea Party has far more power than their leftest ranting.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 02:42:12 AM »
They lost respect for themselves , Our role models in movies and sports have disrespected them selves . They show parts of their bodies that respectable people keep covered . They use drugs to make sure they set records . These thing are done in the watching eyes of our youth. They teach our youth to disrespect themselves.
 Botton line - if this country had respect it would have different leadership .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 05:16:05 AM »
  TM;
  You are trying to speak  the Tea Party while suggesting you have some authority on them.  How many Tea Party events have you attended and how many of those attending the rallys, did you have serious conversations with ?

Offline The Hermit

• A Real Regular
  • Security is the ability to take care of yourself.
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 07:28:13 AM »
Buck-Ridge, you are on to something. I am from the north, but on many occasions, I have had an opportunity to observe folks from the south. I think they are more respectfull of everything. Fortunately, where I live, everybody stands, puts their right hand over their heart, when the American flag goes by on parade or the national anthem is played. Kids learn by watching us.
While leaving a funeral home one time on our way to the cementary, we traveled throught road construction. The construction crew was from the south. Every man stopped, faced the hearse, removed their hard hat, and held it across their chest till the hearse passed. I was impressed. I guess it shows how folks were raised.

The Hermit

Offline powderman

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 08:52:36 AM »
We all learned early on to honor our flag...and by extension, our war heroes along with it.  Anyone, whether race event attenders or the raucous, self-centered crowd shown in the video..who dishonors our heroes and flag deserve real condemnation.

IRONGLOW. Very true, we started in grade school.
HERMIT. True, Southern folks are more polite and respectful. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 10:33:59 AM »
  TM;
  You are trying to speak  the Tea Party while suggesting you have some authority on them.  How many Tea Party events have you attended and how many of those attending the rallys, did you have serious conversations with ?

TM- The TEA in tea party stands for TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY, a concept that any true American who works or has worked for a living knows about. Every thursday when I recieve my payroll check which I EARN BY GOING TO WORK EVERY DAY I get ticked when I see how much tax is with held to pay for screaming crybabies like the ones in the video above.
The tea party stands for real HOPE AND CHANGE that we can save this once great nation of ours if we can just shake the parasites off our back and get back to a nation of strong makers not takers.

Sorry about hijacking your post IG.

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 10:37:53 AM »
BTW anyone who has served in the US Military can render a hand salute even though not in uniform.  I'm wondering are we supposed to remove our cover if we are not in uniform when rendering the hand salute?

I would interpret the etiquette instructions of your individual service. For example Marines do not salute uncovered - to do so is an abomination before the LORD, yea verily. When uncovered, Marines come to the POA facing the flag. However, the Army salutes uncovered, indoors, etc. As you are an Air Force Vet, I would imagine if covered, remain covered and salute.
held fast

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 10:42:38 AM »
It seems many don't realize you respect the Flag and Consitution for what they are . If you disrespect the president , congress or courts take it up with them . Don't disrespect the Flag . I guess Flags don't fight back so whimps feel safe  ;)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 10:44:46 AM »
That's OK Mirage...It's all pertinent info.

The payroll witholding tax is just another taxaholic govt trick.  Some have said and I believe it's true, that if no taxes were deducted each week and on April 15, every wage earner had to cough up all they owe in one lump...we would soon have some real citizen protests...