Author Topic: Republicans & zippers  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
Republicans & zippers
« on: April 21, 2011, 02:29:51 PM »
Nevada Sen. John Ensign has resigned.  Another Republican can't keep his pants zipped.... He had sex with a female staff member and then got her husband a job.  Well, at least the staff member was female, huh?   

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
Re: Republicans & zippers
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 03:21:02 PM »
I think the big difference between the Republicans and the Democrats is:
When the Republican gets caught the Media goes after him and he resigns after being shown for doing something wrong like giving the husband of the woman you are having an affair with a job. (is that a stange form of being a pimp?)
When a Democrat does it, the press ignores it as it is business as usual with them.
Everyone made the Clinton scandel about sex and not about him asking Lawinsky to LIE under oath in his sexual assault case.
A few years earlier the press went ofter some Kansas or Mo senator for asking out one of his female aides and when she said no he never asked again and the press went after him with the "appearance of" as a charge and made him resign.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 03:40:55 PM »
This is not a republican or democrat issue. They both do it. It is a liberal and conservative issue. They both also do it. The differance is when liberals do it, the press gives them a free pass and thier party never presses them to resign. On the other hand, the press goes after the conservatives and the leadership forces them to resign.

The press is an accomplise.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 05:40:34 PM »
The biggest difference is when A rep gets caught he is shamed. When a dem is caught he first lies about it then brags about it. And then you have some who are to dumb to know when they are having sex, like billy bob clinton. They kinda remind me of Cosbys fat albert, HEEY HEEEY  HEEEY. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 05:43:07 PM »
We expect it from democrats. We don't expect it from republicans because of their righteous horn blowing.Makes the republicans seem like hypocrites.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 05:55:47 PM »
We expect it from democrats. We don't expect it from republicans because of their righteous horn blowing.Makes the republicans seem like hypocrites.

EXACTLY! 

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 08:00:33 PM »
So your saying since you expected it from the Democrats, that it's okay?  Because you knew they were going to commit some form of philandering while in office? Boy oh boy!  That is some rationale for voting for a Democrat.   
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 08:49:06 PM »
When Clinton does it, it's just sex, has nothing to do with his job.  When a republican does it, it's the end of his career.  It's not OK from anybody!  Democrats can just get away with it.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 12:48:05 AM »
So your saying since you expected it from the Democrats, that it's okay?  Because you knew they were going to commit some form of philandering while in office? Boy oh boy!  That is some rationale for voting for a Democrat.
no that's not what I said or meant.But when republicans get on their soap box and preach family values etc than go out and commit behaviors they adamantly preach against- that's the hypocrisy and that's why it's big news. hypocrites is what they are.

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 01:26:39 AM »
no that's not what I said or meant.But when republicans get on their soap box and preach family values etc than go out and commit behaviors they adamantly preach against- that's the hypocrisy and that's why it's big news. hypocrites is what they are.
Exactly.  It's like saying, "Praise Jesus!" out of one side of your mouth and saying, "God, I hope my wife doesn't find out about this!" out of the other side of your mouth.  Republicans also seem to do it for gain, jobs, etc., and Democrats seem to do it for the God-given pleasure of it.  Republicans are really strange creatures....

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 03:29:30 AM »
Exactly.  It's like saying, "Praise Jesus!" out of one side of your mouth and saying, "God, I hope my wife doesn't find out about this!" out of the other side of your mouth.  Republicans also seem to do it for gain, jobs, etc., and Democrats seem to do it for the God-given pleasure of it.  Republicans are really strange creatures....

Do as I say ; not as I do mentality.

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 03:44:52 AM »
Yes the Repubs resign sometimes, but they wait until an inquiry is about to be launched to do it,  also not resigning until May 3 , maybe to get another paycheck first?  Will no doubt get a better-paying job with lobbyist group, which is what they all do....
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.

Offline magooch

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 05:04:31 AM »
This thread pretty much tells the story when libs have nothing better to crow about than their guys can commit any kind of debauchery and earn credits for it, but a Republican can't.  How lame can it get?
Swingem

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 05:07:23 AM »
Boy you guys got the libs worked up. They hate it when it is pointed out when a conservative gets caught for wrong doing. They man up and resign. When a lib gets caught they lie, deceive, cheat maybe even murder to cover it up. It just goes to show you that compromise with the libs is a compromise with satan.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline powderman

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 05:15:52 AM »
This thread pretty much tells the story when libs have nothing better to crow about than their guys can commit any kind of debauchery and earn credits for it, but a Republican can't.  How lame can it get?

YEP. When klinton got caught he not only denied but but had the gall to say he didn't know he was having sex. That endeared him to the dems, libs, and pantywetters forever. He showed the same non values they all hold dear. They love him. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 06:02:00 AM »

YEP. When klinton got caught he not only denied but but had the gall to say he didn't know he was having sex. That endeared him to the dems, libs, and pantywetters forever. He showed the same non values they all hold dear. They love him. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Now boys we all know about the democtates and their actions- BUT- this is about the republicans. Let's talk about them. No diversions.

You guys sound like this- Albert you were caught stealing some gum. Albert replies-" Jonny stole some gum too."--

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 06:09:19 AM »

WAIT FULL STOP!
Clinton impeachment was NEVER about sex with Monica.  It was about him asking her to LIE in the sexual Harrasment case that was pending.  Suborning purjury- A felony!  That was what the whole case was about.  Clinto risked loosing Millions in his Case and he was trying to stack the deck against a poor secratary he sent State troopers to bring her to him for a Coupling and she said NO and he went after her.  Seing as she was a state employee and he was the Governer at the time he was her Boss and it was a sexual harrasment case.  He was later Dis barred over the case.  The Media and the Left wing whack jobs made it about him getting sex from her.

Offline jimster

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 06:50:21 AM »
This entire thread is about one persons obsession about political parties.

Keeping your zipper closed when you should is not political at all

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 06:59:44 AM »

Now boys we all know about the democtates and their actions- BUT- this is about the republicans. Let's talk about them. No diversions.

You guys sound like this- Albert you were caught stealing some gum. Albert replies-" Jonny stole some gum too."--

How is it possible to contain this discussion to just republicans? They both engage in this. So that makes no sense. If this is about the latest resignation, then is there really much more here. The guy resigned. This story is 2 years old. What are your expectations of how this discussion should go?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 10:20:30 AM »
Was it a case of adultery? Was it consentual sex? Was another immoral person given the keys to the gate by being elected to public office? Happens all the time, what difference does a D or an R make? Two years ago!? And it's still aproblem!?

Offline powderman

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 10:53:20 AM »
Was it a case of adultery? Was it consentual sex? Was another immoral person given the keys to the gate by being elected to public office? Happens all the time, what difference does a D or an R make? Two years ago!? And it's still aproblem!?

PAT/RICK. Answers. YES, YES, YES, and the difference was that reps are smart enough to know when they are having sex. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

Offline Shu

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2011, 01:01:01 PM »
Adulterers are losers.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2011, 01:32:32 PM »
There is reference to Bill Clinton so 2 years does not surpass the statute of limitations. :)

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2011, 05:03:09 PM »
Could you provide the link where Sen Ensign spoke against the evils of adultery? Or even nepotism? Or quid pro quo if you like? Sounds like you have an issue with an individual hypocrite.

Your original thread starter was leading in that it single out all Republicans as being unable to keep their zippers up. As if Republicans are monolithic in speech and ideal - that would be impossible to prove in any court. Its like saying all members of a particular ethnicity are lazy. Are you implying that all the other Republicans are doing it too, they're not just getting caught? Or could it be that it requires less fortitude to discuss ideas, so go for the low hanging fruit and bash an entire group of people for the actions of one or a few.

Will you have the objectivity to start a similar thread the next time a Democrat is involved in similar behavior? Will you make the same conclusions?
held fast

Offline The Hermit

• A Real Regular
  • Security is the ability to take care of yourself.
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2011, 06:32:04 PM »
Good grief, you guys. You're making my head hurt. Adultry is adultry. It's the only thing in Congress that is trully bi-partisan.

The Hermit

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2011, 02:15:27 AM »
....Will you have the objectivity to start a similar thread the next time a Democrat is involved in similar behavior? Will you make the same conclusions?
Nope and nope.  I'll leave that to a right winger with "objectivity," if there is such a person. 

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2011, 03:57:46 AM »
Junior, I'll vote to help save what is left of the 2nd Amendment, you'll vote which way you like or for "objectivity" or whatever, though it may be hard to pull the trigger on your semi-auto objectivity, but then again you can always just bang on your bongo drums, during the national anthem. I guess you can hope they chain you up or shoot you last, hey maybe they'll do it with your own gun.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2011, 04:53:55 AM »
Nope and nope.  I'll leave that to a right winger with "objectivity," if there is such a person.
[/quote]

Okay. Now that statement is "objective" ::)

Hypocricy at its finest.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2011, 05:00:40 AM »
Junior, I'll vote to help save what is left of the 2nd Amendment, you'll vote which way you like or for "objectivity" or whatever, though it may be hard to pull the trigger on your semi-auto objectivity, but then again you can always just bang on your bongo drums, during the national anthem. I guess you can hope they chain you up or shoot you last, hey maybe they'll do it with your own gun.
You know, I do believe that GWB said he'd sign an assault weapon ban if the bill came across his desk.  In other words, your vote for GWB--twice, probably--was a vote for gun control. Yours, too, Cabin4.

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2011, 05:10:09 AM »
You know, I do believe that GWB said he'd sign an assault weapon ban if the bill came across his desk.  In other words, your vote for GWB--twice, probably--was a vote for gun control. Yours, too, Cabin4.

Only once Junior, But I can tell you explicitly I didn't vote for Kerry, McAmnesty or the Halfrican. How bout you buddy?