Author Topic: Moving to North Dakota  (Read 558 times)

Offline Ultra25-06

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • Wish I was Hunting, getting closer. Spring bear.
Moving to North Dakota
« on: April 22, 2011, 11:06:58 AM »
I will be moving to North Dakota this fall and am looking to find out more about hunting there. I have reviewed the ND fish and game website it appers that hunting is by controlled hunts only. Am I reading this correctly? What can anyone tell me about anything related to hunting ND.
What did you do today...for Freedom?
Today, at the front, he died...Today, what did you do? Next time you see a list of dead and wounded, ask yourself: "What have I done for freedom? What can I do tomorrow that will save the lives of men like this and help them win the war?"
Taken from WWII poster, still applies today.
USAF
Proud NRA member.

Offline Wyo. Coyote Hunter

Re: Moving to North Dakota
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 01:04:29 PM »
 :-\ Ultra, I have never lived in ND, or hunted there, but I have looked over their regs. pretty closely, and to my understanding, you are reading things correctly..it is all draw hunts for big game...I think upland and waterfowl are pretty open for residents...to me Idaho sure looks alot better unless you are a devoted bird hunter...

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 08:44:18 PM »
I travel in ND a bunch. For my money it's a great state, congratulations.  However, big game animals haven't quite over run the available space ;). Pheasants on the other hand may well outnumber sparrows in places. Waterfowl are very common as well. Invest in a good dog and a fine shotgun, a boat and a truck bed full of deke's.  You'll be good to go while waiting on that Elk tag!
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline Ultra25-06

• Avid Poster
  • Wish I was Hunting, getting closer. Spring bear.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 05:28:05 AM »
I agree Idaho sure seems better when it comes to big game that is why I have stayed here as long as my job allows. I am planing on coming back once ive done my 20yrs service. Just glad Im over halfway there. The moose tags have my intrest.
What did you do today...for Freedom?
Today, at the front, he died...Today, what did you do? Next time you see a list of dead and wounded, ask yourself: "What have I done for freedom? What can I do tomorrow that will save the lives of men like this and help them win the war?"
Taken from WWII poster, still applies today.
USAF
Proud NRA member.