Author Topic: Gun Control Works In The UK  (Read 2070 times)

Offline subdjoe

• Trade Count: (0)
Gun Control Works In The UK
« on: April 22, 2011, 05:29:17 PM »
Peace and Tolerance in GUN FREE United Kingdom

A father of four gunned down and left for dead in the street may have been killed for jumping a queue at a McDonald's.

Raymond Mitchell, from Thornton Heath, was shot three times, pistol-whipped and beaten outside a branch of the fast food restaurant in Brixton.

The 34-year-old, who was also known by the street name Brown, was living in Croydon under the assumed identity of Devon Scarlett. Police believe he was chased from McDonald's into a side street before being shot in the buttocks, groin and liver. He died in hospital.

Mr Mitchell's former partner Liana Perry, 31, from Camberwell, said he had been trying to break up a fight shortly before he was followed and killed at the weekend.

Yep, more proof that gun bans end violence.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline Pat/Rick

Re: Gun Control Works In The UK
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 06:09:55 AM »
There was an opposite side story that came out of GB a few years ago. A guy used an "illegal" gun to stop a burgler in his house. Yep, the homeowner went to prison. Backwards, just plain backwards.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 07:16:29 AM »
That would probably be the same here in Canada.  Geez I might be in jail for using a baseball bat under those conditions as well for endagering some scum's life. >:(
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline powderman

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 02:55:11 PM »
SCATTERBRAIN. Make sure you use a LOUISVILLE SLUGGER bat. A few months ago a home invasion was stopped by a very angry woman. As her BF fought with the punk she got her ball bat and went to work on him. In the meantime her bf got his own gun and fired as he went limping accross the yard. News said she busted him up good. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline The Hermit

• A Real Regular
  • Security is the ability to take care of yourself.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 06:46:36 PM »
scatterbrain, some of new yorks "finest" will try to charge you if you have a baseball bat under your truck seat. But, as long as you have a glove or baseball, you're home free.  I personally like the aluminum ones. They make a nice "boink" sound when you connect.

The Hermit

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 08:10:00 AM »
Because of the size I used to have a fish boinker under my car seat. It won't do much good if you got a gun stuck in your face but better then nothing.

Offline Steve Gold

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 06:01:22 PM »
The stupid LACK OF SELF DEFENCE options in the UK is one of the reasons I jumped at the opportunity to leave to commie island for good ten years ago. They are trying to tighten the near impossible gun laws all the time.

There is so much indoctrination by the British government and the press that even legal shotgun and rifle owners are regarded as a bit strange and not to be trusted.

I wonder if these stupid lefties would change their views if they suffered a home invasion, near fatal beating and being ass raped! SELF DEFENCE IS A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT no exceptions.

God bless this beautiful country, an Englishman permanent resident in Alabama.

Steve

Offline rdmallory

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 02:28:47 AM »
Remember back in 1775 when they tried to take our gunpowder?

Doug

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 04:39:03 AM »
Remember back in 1775 when they tried to take our gunpowder?

Doug
it's reaching that point again.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 08:52:38 AM »
scatterbrain, some of new yorks "finest" will try to charge you if you have a baseball bat under your truck seat. But, as long as you have a glove or baseball, you're home free.  I personally like the aluminum ones. They make a nice "boink" sound when you connect.

The Hermit

Under those circumstances I would make sure only the wife's prints were on the bat. ;D 

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 03:32:25 AM »
Steve Gold, hope everything is working out for you since you moved to the U.S. Glad to have you!! Just wondering, do you keep in touch with any relatives or friends back in GB? Does anybody of any influence,(politician manly) over there, see what is happening? With the influx of all the muslims, you know that trouble is brewing. Are the people over there actually thinking that the govt. and police will be able to protect them? I'm not sure, but even most of the police force isn't even allowed to carry a firearm are they? Alot of good waving a billy club at a terrorist when he pulls out a 2' scimitar. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Steve Gold

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 11:18:57 AM »
Thanks gypsyman, I have to tread carefully on the issue of immigration (being an immigrant myself) But I work hard draw nothing from the state, pay taxes to uncle sam et all.

However the situation in England just goes from bad to worse, for example in the last ten years here in Alabama I have never seen a fight in a bar or club. In the UK I spent my last 15 years there in Bristol in the west country and in Park St where the night spots are YOU WILL see blood every Saturday night.

The immigration situation it to the point where in some areas English is not the #1 language, any "Racial" issue is normally settled to the detriment of the English person.

More to the point at the top of this post, violence is at an all time high and defending yourself will get you arrested. carrying a knife up to two years in prison and having a pistol FIVE years in prison with no remission for the first offence.

proving the oft quoted, WHEN YOU OUTLAW GUNS ONLY THE OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS

Stupid commie bastards

Rant over

Steve

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 07:48:06 AM »
Steve, first off, welcome!!!  A question for you......So having seen first hand, the changes in the UK, how far behind would you say the US is? 10 years? Twenty? More?

Offline Steve Gold

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 07:21:57 PM »
It took nearly 100 years to slowly erode the self defence with a weapon laws, but little by little they got there. More recently there was the Hungerford massacre, that lost us pump action shotguns and semi centerfire rifles. Then the Dunblane tragedy, the knee jerk reaction there was to ban all handguns. This was 1988 and 1996 respectivly.

So when the gun grabbers here start their crap after the Arizona senator was attacked, we must stop even the slightest move on our rights. Because if we don't we WILL end up like Australia and the UK.

In answer to the question we are about 20 years behind the UK, or as close as the next crazy with a gun.

What we could do is to let our non gun owning friends know is that we are a harmless crowd and have a lot of fun in the various shooting sports and more importantly we are a balanced type of person. Thereby improving the image of gun owners in the eyes of non gun owners.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 09:36:50 AM »
Stev& Pat/Rick

All it would take is one(1) replacement in the Supreme Court under the present Administration and you be on the fast track to join any number of other countries that disarm their citizen.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 06:57:11 AM »

The Hermit
That may be true, but the ones that might try to do so, aren't really the "smartest", let alone the "finest". 
Sorry, your interpretation of the law is as bad as the supposed cop your talking about.  The case would be dismissed, by the judge or ADA in the interest of justice or for lack of evidence.  The NYS Penal Law does not prohibit a baseball bat under your truck seat, it is not a criminal offense, even without the glove or baseball.  If you use it to play "boink" ball with someone, not in the act of self defense.  Then it would be a criminal offense.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 07:11:54 AM »
Sorry my last post was a little off topic, but I had to respond.

Stev& Pat/Rick

All it would take is one(1) replacement in the Supreme Court under the present Administration and you be on the fast track to join any number of other countries that disarm their citizen.

scatterbrain - your 100% correct, that's is another reason why O must not get re-elected.

Steve Gold - Welcome, don't worry about being an immigrant all of us started the same way.  Your entitled to your opinion, even if it pertains to immigrants.  I have no problem with any race, type, or color of immigrants, as long as they are Legal, and they contribute to our society.  I do have a problem with the ones that are illegal, and come here to take advantage of our generosity.  I remember years ago, when I was working as a real estate manager, I had a prospective tenant, who moved to NY from NJ because the welfare benefits were higher.  Needless to say, he didn't get the apartment. 
I agree whole heartily, with your quote:
"WHEN YOU OUTLAW GUNS ONLY THE OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS"
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Casull

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 07:21:45 AM »
Thanks gypsyman, I have to tread carefully on the issue of immigration (being an immigrant myself) But I work hard draw nothing from the state, pay taxes to uncle sam et all.

As OldSchoolRanger said, you're entitled to your opinion.  So, have at it friend.  And again, not one thing wrong with legal immigrants.  BTW, did you learn English before coming over or after you got here?   ;D
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 11:34:13 AM »
Some of the UK dialects are pretty heavy as well. ;)

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 07:14:43 PM »

As OldSchoolRanger said, you're entitled to your opinion.  So, have at it friend.  And again, not one thing wrong with legal immigrants.  BTW, did you learn English before coming over or after you got here?   ;D
It must have been hard on you to learn a foreign language  ::) (American English)! ;D

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 05:28:28 AM »

It must have been hard on you to learn a foreign language  ::) (American English)! ;D

Or Dixie English ;D