Author Topic: Over whelmed or slacking  (Read 461 times)

Offline hornady

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Over whelmed or slacking
« on: April 26, 2011, 03:21:34 AM »
Over the years I have become a regular customer of Mid-South. I only order from the others if mid–south is out of stock, and I can get what I need sooner else were.
I have been very happy with mid-south, great prices and fast shipping.
However I cannot say the same about my last two orders.

I placed a back order in February. And knew up front mid-south has no control over these things, and in the past sent the items as soon as they came in.

But the February order set in their warehouse for 3 days. Listed as unknown status in my order column.
I called and was given excuses; they were going too notify me the items were in, but needed a confirmation that I still wanted them before they would ship the items.

Last Saturday I placed another order, all items are in stock. I checked the status of the order a couple times yesterday and then again today. Status processing.

I have read on forms, a couple major suppliers have sent out notices to customers of component price increases.

I hope the problem is a run on components, and out of Mid-south’s control. I have been very satisfied with there prices and fast shipping in the past, but if this is a new customer service policy I will order else where.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Over whelmed or slacking
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 07:32:25 PM »
They have toll free phone lines. Call them and ask. Most likely they can tell you specifically what's not in stock and you can have them ship now whatever is and then ship the rest when it comes in.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Matt3357

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Contributor
Re: Over whelmed or slacking
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 07:51:50 PM »
I have had nothing but good things to say about Midsouth.  They are the cheapest and usually have the best selection. 

I hope your orders are just a fluke.

Matt

Matt

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-Otto von Bismarck