Author Topic: Bin Laden DEAD!!!  (Read 11421 times)

Offline crustylicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
Re: Bin Laden DEAD!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2011, 11:32:31 AM »
Good boy! Now, who changed rules of engagement?
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2011, 11:54:32 AM »
For over 2 years we have listened to obama and his adminisration blame everything on Bush. Now, they get a win and I'm curious if this adminisration will give Bush any credit for the over arching strategy against Al Queda? Just curious.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2011, 12:52:05 PM »
UBL has been a person of interest since before 9/11, before Bush and way before Obama. That his termination occurred on the watch of the current sitting President is more of a reflection of the tireless efforts of thousands of highly trained professionals ... most of whose jobs and benefits and have been threatened under the current sitting President ... whose combined efforts ... most of which have been repeatedly condemned and ridiculed by the current sitting President ... crescendoed in the efforts of yesterday. Let's be clear; Obama's role in this was to approve a broad strategy to target UBL. He did not sit in on the patrol brief, he did not issue the specific order, he authorized a broad spectrum of activities, and it was left to the highly trained professionals to plan and execute this mission. This was also not the first such mission, nor was it the first such plan under the first such strategy approved by Obama or Bush before him. There have been countless missions under similar authorizations that have not produced the desired result - this one did. That's the way its done - you fail alot until you win one. Lets have some perspective here.

So good job Obama for perpetuating the strategy you inherited, listening to the advice of people who know what they are doing and have been doing it since before you came into the public eye, and standing behind your military in an uncharacteristic manner. I hope this marks just the first of such opportunities for Obama to support our military, particularly in conversations about budget draw downs, increasing medical premiums, freezing pay, rifting personnel, shutting down base support services, and taxing our cigarettes, all of which are dialogues in which he has previously not been a friend of the military.

And while I am glad that UBL has been removed from his key position of influence, he was a symbol. Like all symbols, he will be replaced, and his replacement(s) will all be looking to make a name for themselves, which is why DOD is now at threat condition Bravo worldwide. It is also why his body was buried at sea, so there will be no 3rd pilgrimage for the Islamic terrorists to make, to visit the grave of their martyred leader. Clearly, this was a major battle, but the "war" ain't over.

Finally, a life was taken, justifiably and under moral and ethical restraint as accepted by the standards of the world and our nation ... but a life was still taken, and while the shooter should be proud of his success, I would be very concerned if it did not affect him at some deep level, as it ought to. The thing that separates us from our enemy is that we don't parade the bodies of our enemies in the streets, deface them, burn them or hang them off bridges. We keep our honor clean, which gives us the moral high ground to do the right thing when it needs doing.
held fast

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2011, 01:10:25 PM »
Hours before the mission he was playing golf. Wow, great concern for the troops about to go in harm's way!!! Golf?..... Really...... Not final briefings but golf. Folks should look at the positive side. Obama just authorized armed self defense by an American. He may not realize it now, and by a firearm at that.

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2011, 02:01:22 PM »
TM7, raising mil expenditures, I don't think so.

Here's an example, under the current administrations policy we have to cut 3,000 sailors from the Navy by 2012. However, due to other policies, we cannot cut those who are undeployable, unfit for duty, limited in capacity, overweight ... on and on. They are in protected status, so functionally (per the JAG) we are only authorized to cut "good" sailors. So we're not getting leaner and meaner, we're getting leaner and weaker ... again as defined by policy of the past 2 years. Defense is a fixed cost business, not profitable for .gov and becoming less and less so for the private sector that sells. And policies increase the cost. If you want effective, we'd have to privatize ... which I'd oppose on moral grounds. Or at least implement policies in the public sector that would make sense in the private. Its a big spaghetti monster.

Why did it take so long? The system, as expensive and as elaborate as it is, is rife with inefficiencies and really does not know nearly as much as everyone thinks. And every election cycle effectively kills momentum. This single operation stands on the shoulders of years of hard plugging away at a single goal, a high priority goal, while thousands of lessor goals compete for its resources. We literally could've gotten this done sooner if we weren't tied up with DADT repeal, Libya, OIF and OEF, because every load on the system taxes the resources of all the rest.
held fast

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2011, 02:10:47 PM »

Finally, a life was taken, justifiably and under moral and ethical restraint as accepted by the standards of the world and our nation ... but a life was still taken, and while the shooter should be proud of his success, I would be very concerned if it did not affect him at some deep level, as it ought to. The thing that separates us from our enemy is that we don't parade the bodies of our enemies in the streets, deface them, burn them or hang them off bridges. We keep our honor clean, which gives us the moral high ground to do the right thing when it needs doing.

I strongly agree.

I cannot celebrate the killing of a human.  Especially one that so strongly seems to have gone to hell.  To  me every soul lost is a tragedy. 
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2011, 02:11:39 PM »
BTW, Team Nelson...that's all fine and great. Congrats.

But can you explain what took so long?,,,,,, 10+years or more,  to finally terminate a 6 foot 4 inch, left handed Saudi, a multi millionaire, with a $25 million bounty on his noggin  ;D, with kidney failure and on dialysis, known widely as The Sheik and spiritual leader of a worldwide islamic resistance-spirtual movement who happens to speak in poetry, who happened to work for us once upon a time, who's family are BUsh associates and friends, who was said to be seen in our hospital just prior to sept-2001 in the UAE or Quattar, who happens to be a terror mastermind, and who is said to claim planning in several high aspect terror events, and who had mossad after his skinny butt, and who has a bunch of kids and wives, and who was reported dead on several other occasions, and who had most of the world's intell assets after him. Just wondering how this all works in the bigger picture if you can explain. Just wondering if there's a better and cheaper way....I mean this isn't all about raisng mil expenditures when everbody else in our country is taking an economic thrashing....is it?

TM7

Sorry for butting in, but the fact that he got busted living just a thousand yards away from Pakistan's, 'West point', military training base in a small town 35 mi. from Islamabad for the last 5yrs. Not to mention the conspicious large house and  secured compound. It should be obvious that instead of helping us find OBL, Pakistanis have been harboring him in comfort. Not hiding in a cave but living in comfort right in plane sight. Using the military base as cover. Does anyone think we got our billions of dollars worth out of Pakistan?
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2011, 02:33:28 PM »
I love that ultimately it cost about 30 cents to kill OBL.

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2011, 02:41:11 PM »
Not passing a fitness test will get you kicked out of the military. They are VERY serious about physical requirements, especially during a downturn.

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2011, 02:51:22 PM »
I love that ultimately it cost about 30 cents to kill OBL.

You must be an accountant working for the government.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2011, 03:04:12 PM »
I think that it is safe to say that OBL had zero concern about the loyalities of the Paki military.

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2011, 03:18:29 PM »
saddlebum...you mean all this time we thought he was living in a cave, or moving from cave to cave, but instead he was living in a lux mansion right outside some mil base.....geeez, pretty weird I should say.

..TM7

Well it doesn't exactly look like a mansion. Looked like he was sleeping on a '70s style waterbed made out of 2x10s. But more comfortable than a cave. AND RIGHT IN PLANE SIGHT!
Pakistan has some explaining to do!
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2011, 03:25:11 PM »
Well, lets get Tm going on a conspiracy rant. Couldn't have killed him on a Sat., and got the DNA results back this fast. Takes a couple days to set up the tests, and got the results this quick. Paternity DNA tests take as long as 1-2 weeks. Even a rush job couldn't have got them done this fast. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2011, 03:35:34 PM »
Well, lets get Tm going on a conspiracy rant. Couldn't have killed him on a Sat., and got the DNA results back this fast. Takes a couple days to set up the tests, and got the results this quick. Paternity DNA tests take as long as 1-2 weeks. Even a rush job couldn't have got them done this fast. gypsyman

People are already talking about the conflicting reports. Obama's announcement was different than the first report. First report said OBL was killed a week ago and they waited a week to confirm by DNA before they announced it. But Obama said he gave the okay to waste OBL last weekend. In different reports, there are different timelines.
I couldn't care less! He's dead!.......Dead is dead!

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2011, 03:45:34 PM »
Has anyone lived the Islamic life? I find it unusual that comments are made without any experience. Sitting on a quiet room stateside doesn't count, playing Monday morning QB.  Those advertised to be "connected" have failed. Internet joke. " I have all this info"...... and know world events" No you dont!!!!  You know nothing...... If you do " have an inside info ? Please share........

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2011, 04:30:41 PM »
Lies, lies and more lies from the puppet clown and his handlers.
None of this has been proven and none of this can be proven. Not one ioda.
It seems everything has been thrown away in a big ocean.
Everyone is dancing in the streets and all they have is the word of clown.
i read an article with about 3 short paragraphs, the clowns name was used about 15 or 20 times about what he did and how he put the mission together.
The clown could not put a 2 piece puzzle together.
This whole thing was put together in the back room of a whore house over a bottle of some high priced tax paid liquor. Not the mission, the lie. . MHO

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2011, 04:36:58 PM »

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2011, 04:47:28 PM »
  George Bush did not clear out Fallijah in 2004 & 2005..the Army & Marines did it !  Obama didn't kill Usama Bin Ladin..the SEAL team did.
  Before you guys get too worked up concerning this event catapulting Obama into the presidency again...consider just how much capturing & executing the other Hussein did for Bush, in your eyes.  There will be a flash for a month or so, then it will be "business as usual"...remember ?
  Unless something catastrophic happens, the 2012 election will depend much upon the economy , debt and the price of everything from gas to groceries.
Wait a minute Ig...you got a little bit of a disconnect here.  In another post in a different thread you said this:

Quote from IG>> He's the "commander in chief"... the buck stops at his desk.  Some of us have been harping about this for 2 years or more.  He had the Fort Hood experience to warn him..
  If WE have known for a minimum of 2 years that our troops should be armed in these circumstances, why on God's green earth, did the "commander in chief" not know  it ?   

NO EXCUSE !!!

So are you saying that when things go haywire-FUBAR-chaotic-dark..... BHO is solely responsible, BUT when things go right BHO's role is minimized. But ummmm, errr...in the realm of CEO's-Prezidents and what have you,  I don't think it works quite that way---even in IG world....riiiiight?

....TM7

Sorry TM;.. You're the one confused..again !

In the post about the Ft Hood shooter I was speaking of policy..allowing the troops to be armed or not.  Actually, most stateside posts are basically unarmed, but at least a percentage should be armed..and the post should be policed by MPs, not rent-a-cops..again, I was talking policy
  In the second case, I was talking public opinion and the short memory of much of the public.  George Bush's popularity "bump" from catching Hussein didn't last all that long..did it ?  So, following that experience..I expect the 2012 election will hinge upon what I said..prices, inflation, jobs etc..not Bin Laden..

BTW:  There was no Osama body brought back..here's an excellent opportunity to whip up a "conspiracy"...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2011, 05:27:31 PM »
I'm just getting caught up on this and learned that we dumped OBL's body in the ocean in order to comply with Islamic principals. Obama is a moron. The capture of the century and we bury him to satisfy our ememy while leaving yet another giant open question. Was it really OBL??
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline chadm

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2011, 07:05:49 PM »
There was a $27 million reward for Osama. I humbly suggest that the money should go to SEAL Team Six.

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2011, 11:53:17 PM »
Obama got Osama

Maybe Obama should get the $27(thought it was $25) Million.

http://fieldnotes.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/05/02/6568252-across-new-york-city-joy-that-obama-got-osama-

Though was really got Osama in the end was 30 cents of 5.56mm

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2011, 12:00:15 AM »
I'm just getting caught up on this and learned that we dumped OBL's body in the ocean in order to comply with Islamic principals. Obama is a moron. The capture of the century and we bury him to satisfy our ememy while leaving yet another giant open question. Was it really OBL??
I find it inconsistent that Seal Team 6 is getting credit for killing Osama, but Obama is getting credit for dumping the body in the ocean. Shouldn't the same person/team get credit for both? Can't have it both ways.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2011, 02:12:30 AM »
Well Wreckhog, figure it out for yourself !
    So did Obama drop into the compound, smash in the doors and stand face to face with the terrorists..and kill Osama ?
  Does Eugene Stoner get credit also..because his M16 od M4 brought the thug down ? 
 Does the helicopter manufacturer get the credit, since choppers brought the SEAL team to the point of action ? 
     Be real; SEAL team 6 took the risk and did the action.. 
    ...A couple jump-shots on a basketball court doesn't make anyone ready to do Special Ops work !

TM says;

"IG, Pman et al keep telling us how treacherous the islamics are...killing, stoning, bombing, etc, etc. each other on a daily basis. In you professional opinion why didn't one of these treacherous lost souls turn OBL in at much earlier date especially for a huge bounty?"

TM;
      My professional (thank you ;) :D) opinion is...That you still don't get it !  The treachery comes in where the Pakistani govt & military accepts monetary aid and pretends to be our friend..while being a great friend and protector of the terrorists !
   I see that as treachery; but I have a western view of honor..apparently unlike yourself, I would find it very soul-wrenching to even attempt to assimilate the Islamic terrorist mindset.

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2011, 02:33:54 AM »
Well Wreckhog, figure it out for yourself !
    So did Obama drop into the compound, smash in the doors and stand face to face with the terrorists..and kill Osama ?
  Does Eugene Stoner get credit also..because his M16 od M4 brought the thug down ? 
 Does the helicopter manufacturer get the credit, since choppers brought the SEAL team to the point of action ? 
     Be real; SEAL team 6 took the risk and did the action.. 
    ...A couple jump-shots on a basketball court doesn't make anyone ready to do Special Ops work !

TM says;

"IG, Pman et al keep telling us how treacherous the islamics are...killing, stoning, bombing, etc, etc. each other on a daily basis. In you professional opinion why didn't one of these treacherous lost souls turn OBL in at much earlier date especially for a huge bounty?"

TM;
      My professional (thank you ;) :D) opinion is...That you still don't get it !  The treachery comes in where the Pakistani govt & military accepts monetary aid and pretends to be our friend..while being a great friend and protector of the terrorists !
   I see that as treachery; but I have a western view of honor..apparently unlike yourself, I would find it very soul-wrenching to even attempt to assimilate the Islamic terrorist mindset.
Obama did not push the body himself into the ocean either. And only 1 (maybe 2) individual Seals shot Osama, if you are going to be specific.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2011, 02:35:42 AM »
It may have been 30 cents worth of 9mm out of a suppressed MP5.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2011, 02:38:42 AM »
Why did it take so long? The system, as expensive and as elaborate as it is, is rife with inefficiencies and really does not know nearly as much as everyone thinks. ...... We literally could've gotten this done sooner if we weren't tied up with DADT repeal, Libya, OIF and OEF, because every load on the system taxes the resources of all the rest.
Take off your right wing myopic glasses, TN.  We didn't get this done sooner because GWB allowed Rumsfeld and Cheney to micromanage the wars and the pursuit of Osama bin Laden.  BHO stood back and let the experts do what they were trained to do.

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2011, 02:52:28 AM »
Hey junior, your buddy obama knew where osama was last fall. Ever think this was held off for political reasons?? HMM. Like I said in an earlier post. Birth certificate showing up, finding osama. Just when your fearlous leader needed a boost in the ratings. And, when gas price's hit $5 a gallon, he'll suddenly figure out we need to drill in the gulf and Alaska. Don't think that just the Rep. do play the game. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2011, 09:10:41 AM »
NO< NO :NO Yall got it all wrong, see ole bin ladin died back in 2001 for drinking bad whiskey and goats milk. The world never knew he had a twin brother named slippy joe ladin, So to keep up the spirts of bin ladins followers the goverment over there built a compound for slippy joe and promised him a couple of virgins and some kids from the camel watering hole. In exchange for a couple of photo ops each year to past around to his troops and a few to leak to the world to keep the dream alive. Little did we know that slippy joe had a gambling problem and did not have the money to pay so Los vegas bookies hired the team 6 navy seals to take him out. In the process of removing papers from the compound they found tens years of playboy mags, planning for a 18 game NFL and a life size picture of Jane Fonda.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2011, 09:12:16 AM »
TM, whats going on?? No body, dumped it in the sea, the pictures look like a lot of people...... gotta be a government conspiracy. Must be. We all know 9-11 was orchestrated by Bush so how can it be this OBL is a real person to begin with?? Makes no sense. The buck stops with you.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2011, 11:54:36 AM »
When they killed Sadaam Hussein's sons they paraded photos of their carcasses  all over the press. The mastermind of the largest mass murder in U.S. history is killed and they quietly dump his body in the ocean. They were all muslims. why the special treatment for Bin Laden? Sorry it doesnt add up.

If it had gone down like this during the Bush years the liberals around here would be squeeling for proof, but since Obama says he is dead we are just expected to swallow it as gods truth and not ask any questions because to do so would be racist.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?