Author Topic: Should have bombed Osama...  (Read 1178 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Should have bombed Osama...
« on: May 05, 2011, 02:24:36 AM »
  It was colorful...but put some of our finest at great risk.  Perhaps they should have bombed the old snake rather than risked the SEALs.  They didn't have to get his corpse and it isn't as if they were going to show it to the world.
     Instead, he sends in heretofore secret stealth choppers, only to lose one at the site.  Can you imagine what China is offering those Paki generals for this Chopper ?  It sure is different than any previous chopper, obviously a lot of new technology there..
      http://www.reuters.com/subjects/bin-laden-compound
NOTE:  That chopper looks awfully small, unless we are just seeing only part of the whole..

Personally, I don't care if they show his splattered face..the ones who must know about his death have already gotten the word one way or another.

BTW:   Besides; now the conspiracy theorists can have fun for years...even if the photos were published, they would still be having their fun; just look at all the photos and documentation which exists concerning the 9/11 attacks !  Has that evben slightly deterred the tinfoilers ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
Re: Should have bombed Osama...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 02:46:48 AM »
Since they did not know 100% that OBL was there, what would the point of that be? Just bomb randomly then. You know, like VietNam. That worked so well.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 02:55:44 AM »
TM;
    Break out the confetti..we agree... :)

Wreckhog;
        So, it's better that we risk giving China (for free), some technology which may have taken years and cost billions to produce ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 03:07:06 AM »
We did not lose a man. We destoried anything useable in the chopper. We showed our enemy we can find , watch and take out anyone anywhere in the world at anytime . Even in a hostile and protected enviroment.
 Ya'll who always find fault and look to arm chair quater back on monday morning have fun .

I feel we just took a step to earn the title super power back !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 03:08:38 AM »
Keep in mind when other nations like rome decided to have others fight their wars and not send their sons they fell.  ;)

Offline Shu

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 03:21:10 AM »
Bombing the compound into rubble would not have had the same effect. Going in and killing him shows you can be got at anytime up close and personal. For along time the world has said America can only fight above 18000 ft. This shows you can be got in bed, at dinner, while relaxing with friends etc. Eventually you will be found and dealt with. The Paki's know full well what our planes and drones can do. I am sure it was a huge shock for them to have American troops with boots on the ground in the middle of thier academy and military bases. I think this shows you can harbor anyone you want he still isn't out of reach.

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 03:37:30 AM »
Bombing the compound into rubble would not have had the same effect. Going in and killing him shows you can be got at anytime up close and personal. For along time the world has said America can only fight above 18000 ft. This shows you can be got in bed, at dinner, while relaxing with friends etc. Eventually you will be found and dealt with. The Paki's know full well what our planes and drones can do. I am sure it was a huge shock for them to have American troops with boots on the ground in the middle of thier academy and military bases. I think this shows you can harbor anyone you want he still isn't out of reach.
You're 100% correct. Ironglow simply can't bring himself to praise something Obama had his hand in.  Deeply in, I will add.  No, OBL died perfectly--hid behind a woman and looking into the eyes of an American he knew was about to kill him.  I only hope he could see the smile which was surely on the face of the SEAL who shot him.   No, dying instantly in a massive explosion was too easy for OBL.  He saw death coming and had time to think about it.  He died knowing an American did it.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 03:54:55 AM »
Keep in mind when other nations like rome decided to have others fight their wars and not send their sons they fell.  ;)

Are you suggesting that not enough of our sons have been sent into the conflict ?  I know several personally, my own kin included, who are serving, I have spent those hours when we heard XX numbers from a certain unit were killed..and we hoped the Marine officers would not show up in front of our house...how about you ?  We as a nation have paid the price too, seems like 9 fell to a crazy jihadist in just one act the other day....more than that killed at Ft Hood in one nuitsy act..  Please don't try to tell me we haven't lost enough. 

BTW:  One successful raid on a "safe house" does not a super power make..Special Ops troops are doing that every day. 
     Again..we are suffering from very short memories; when Bush left office we were considered "the  super power", standing atop the heap.  What happened?...we were foolish enough to put 1960s style liberal/progressives in the drfiver's seat.

It seems only yesterday when Rumsfeld was catching havoc from Sen Obama and many others, because he wanted to expand Special ops units !  ;) :D ;D

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 04:35:10 AM »
No ironglow i did not say we have not sent enough of our men and women , I guess you mis understood ! I praised the fact we did the job ourselves without help from others . I noted that nations who longer did not do so failed ! I was glad we started ascing like a super power , and no one raid is not the standard but acting so in all raids and business is. The pirate take down , this raid and the taking out of others bent on hurting us and friends we start to look like the super power we are .

I guess i struck a nerve with the statement about monday morning quater backing , so be it I WILL STAND BY IT !I get tired of all the second guessing from those who haven't a clue ! I get tired of those who think all our leadership comspire aginst us with out letting a crisis play out first. Our country may not be perfect and there are those needing watching but we are the best in the world .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 05:23:32 AM »
I believe we are stil the best..but for how long, wild spending is destroying us ?  I just believe we should not take unnecessary risks with our personnel or our top-shelf, secret military hardware.  We got the body..but why..we didn't exploit it...may as well have cindered it on the spot.
   Why we didn't grab other personnel..wives, couiriers, associates etc for questioning..I cannot guess.  I think a styrategic mistake was made in telling the world that they collected much G-2 (intel), no need putting Al Queda branches on the alert.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 07:58:39 AM »
I believe we are stil the best..but for how long, wild spending is destroying us ?  I just believe we should not take unnecessary risks with our personnel or our top-shelf, secret military hardware.  We got the body..but why..we didn't exploit it...may as well have cindered it on the spot.
   Why we didn't grab other personnel..wives, couiriers, associates etc for questioning..I cannot guess.  I think a styrategic mistake was made in telling the world that they collected much G-2 (intel), no need putting Al Queda branches on the alert.
There wasn't room on remainig aircraft ? I suggest ( with out knowing for sure) that once the aircraft developed problems the guys on site decide to destory ( I understand this is SOP if they can't fix in in a prescribed time) the faulty aircraft and not risk it going down and possible not being able to destory it in time.
Hardware is a great choice unless you need to get ID and bring back data found on site. It is also easy to destory people who are not involved.
 That said if they had done so some here would still be second guessing them.

I SAY THEY DID A REMARKABLE JOB FOR AMERICA AND WE SHOULD PRAISE THEM !

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 08:17:37 AM »
It was best to do it like we did it. Dying is not scary, it is the last moments in life when you know you are going to die is where the fear comes into play.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 08:20:33 AM »
And like Patton said make the other SOB die for his country , SEAL's seem well versed in that.

Offline powderman

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 08:24:40 AM »
No, dying instantly in a massive explosion was too easy for OBL.  He saw death coming and had time to think about it.  He died knowing an American did it.

junior, that, I agree with. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 08:29:54 AM »
No, dying instantly in a massive explosion was too easy for OBL.  He saw death coming and had time to think about it.  He died knowing an American did it.

junior, that, I agree with. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
American bullet, gun , chopper , uniforms ,gear etc. etc. Alot of Americans had a small part not to take away from the men on the ground . And that message was driven home !

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 11:03:35 AM »
With this high profile of a target I think the impact of it was greater with the personal touch. But yeah, I'm for using our ordnance as well. And I believe that we should have used ordnance delivery following 9-11-01 through about 9 -30-01. That should have been time enough to rearrange the topography of every major islamic city including mecca. They have been crying for a holy war since the the ovrrunning of our embassy in iran, why keep 'em waiting?

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 11:37:18 AM »
Didnt Bin laden escape a cruise missle attack on a camp in Pakistan in the past several years? Bombing him would not offer a 100% gaurentee of him being killed.

On a side note, why will they show photos of the no-name road kills on this link but we cant see the photo of Bin Laden dead?

Why is this adminstration so shady? Just show the damn picture and shut up the naysayers just like he should have showed us his birth certificate during the campaign when the CLINTON campaign asked about it.

Why does this president pull crap like this and then act all indignified when people doubt his word?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Bugflipper

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 11:48:27 AM »
Yes in 1998 the US bombed his training camp in Afghanistan. Also they hit Sadam in a bunker in 2003 and he lived. Did a missile strike on Gaddafi in 1986 as well. So it definitely isn't 100%.
Molon labe

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 12:09:04 PM »
sometimes you care enough to send the very best.   
    i also agree that this option was the best.  no more guessing as to if he was still out there.   and, strike fear into the hearts of some of these loudmouths that we can, and WILL show up in your bedroom if ya get too big for yer britches.   if we did this more often, people would think twice before opening up their yappers.   ak-moo-dinner jacket and kim jong-makes-me-ill have been damn quite the last few days.    i think a strafing run over pakistan is in order too, just to show these little weasels we know they were hiding him.   and if they get too mouthy, park a nuclear sub up into the arabian sea.   

Offline Shu

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 12:43:21 PM »
Obama "approved" of the operation. Bush had allready declared Obama could be killed. The presidential order is just political fluff. Since this required boots on ground in a soveriegn nation whoever was president would have to sign off on it. Everyone can congratulate Obama if they choose. It was alot of good intel work done by alot of behind the scenes people and some real high speed low drag types who went in and pulled them triggers.
Congrats to the men of SEAL team 6 and congrats to all the great men and women that support them.

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 12:59:39 PM »
Didnt Bin laden escape a cruise missle attack on a camp in Pakistan in the past several years? Bombing him would not offer a 100% gaurentee of him being killed.

On a side note, why will they show photos of the no-name road kills on this link but we cant see the photo of Bin Laden dead?

Why is this adminstration so shady? Just show the damn picture and shut up the naysayers just like he should have showed us his birth certificate during the campaign when the CLINTON campaign asked about it.

Why does this president pull crap like this and then act all indignified when people doubt his word?
Paki neighbor sold pics to Reuters AFTER Seal Team 6 was gone. This is the trash they forgot to recycle. Pics seem to be redacted on any US news sites.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 02:09:11 PM »
Assuming everything is as we are told it is, obama only gets credit for the decision to allow the Seals to do thier job. All the people who think O sat in the WH directing this mission are living a fantasy. Presidents don't direct boots on the ground or any of the specifics.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 02:45:51 PM »
I like the way it went down. Put your eyes on him put your hands on him then make him dead.
Bombing although accurate is far from a surgical procedure. What took place was a confirmable precision excersise
Yes it's a shame about the chopper but like all weapons of war it was expendable.
It seems that some here want results with no risk, but there is no such thing as a risk free fight.
It also seems  strange after all the lives that have been spent to find the trash, some want to get all squeamish over the loss of a piece of equipment.
I don't like putting our military folks in harms way but that's what they do and they do it well. They carried out the plan and done a bang up job mission accomplished. This is their moment so all you Monday morning commandos  and key boards strategists need to stand down and celebrate these heroes.
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356