Author Topic: Obama owns NYC  (Read 4330 times)

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
Obama owns NYC
« on: May 05, 2011, 07:34:40 AM »
Who is that standing next to him, yes, a former Rep Prez primary runner. NICE! While Dubya is playing golf or fishing somewhere.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/05/05/live-blog-obama-visits-new-york/?hp

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Obama owns NYC
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 07:39:44 AM »
What's the difference.  A Republican will never win NYC anyway.   ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 07:49:10 AM »
Are you saying that Guiliani was a Dem?

Offline Casull

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 07:55:28 AM »
No, I'm talking about a Presidential candidate.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 07:55:44 AM »
Actually Guilliani was a Democrat to begin with.....
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 11:28:40 AM »
Why dont you get over Bush? There hasnt been a Bush in the White House for nearly 2&1/2 years.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 11:34:56 AM »
In the rest (the really nicer)  part of NY State, we consider NY City the pits any way, a big sponge that sucks up our tax money.  Yes; there are some idiots in other parts of the state, but they just don't run around in such big bunches... ;) :D ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 01:04:24 PM »
I believe that you are incorrect re which direction tax money flows in. There BUILDINGS on Park Avenue whose residents pay more taxes than some towns take in.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 01:19:27 PM »
...And for each building on Park avenue or any other major building you havc a half million never-do-work parasites sucking up welfare and medicaid or some tunnel, bridge, museum, drug treatment center, feeding at the tax  trough.  then there more millions being handed to illegitimate offspring and various outhe political enterprise or scheme which only produces about 8 cents return on the dollar.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 01:22:53 PM »
If someone has to own it I can think of better person do it.
NYC is quite literally the rectal cavity of the east coast that makes it perfect match.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 01:29:29 PM »
I know many upstaters at the teat. Daughter of the owner of my favorite gun shop for instance. Several kids, on WIC, which is a form of welfare for mothers, and either works for free or gets paid under the table at said shop.

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 01:39:34 PM »
Plenty of D's and R's on the teat.

All federal and military retiree's for example.

:-\
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline Hooker

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 01:50:36 PM »
Retired or disabled military are most definitely  not on any teat they earned what they are getting which is not that great.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 02:02:46 PM »
A state employee neighbor mentioned that most state employees had a plan to retire disabled. He is on a crew to repair roads, very physical job, and has been babysitting an injury for years, waiting for the right time to go for disability. I think that on the railroad, nearly 100% retired on disabilty til they got caught.

http://trainjotting.com/2008/09/24/lirr-disability-scandal-fbi-raids-retirement-boards-li-office/

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 03:05:22 PM »
Retired or disabled military are most definitely  not on any teat they earned what they are getting which is not that great.

Pat

Nobody, no matter what they have done or think they have done has earned a permanent free living out of the taxpayer's or their neighbor's pocket. 

If you're going to criticize the freeloader and entitlement class, cover the whole base.

::)
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline Hooker

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 03:17:49 PM »
You or your neighbor wouldn't have a pocket if weren't for our military.
Hows that for covering the bases?

Pat
-Mark Twain

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 03:43:55 PM »
I know many upstaters at the teat. Daughter of the owner of my favorite gun shop for instance. Several kids, on WIC, which is a form of welfare for mothers, and either works for free or gets paid under the table at said shop.

As I said in post#6.. We do have some idiots around here too; they just don't run around in such big bunches. Outside the cities, there are not whole neighborhoods on the dole..

BTW..What's "upstate" to you..Poughkeepsie ?

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 03:50:41 PM »
That is actually downstate of me. Like the horse farms.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 03:52:32 PM »

Pat
A big Double +1!
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 03:59:04 PM »

Pat
A big Double +1!

Triple #1

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 04:22:14 PM »

Pat

Not only would we have pockets,  they'd likely be about 25% deeper.

:)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 06:27:24 PM »
Yes B Hussein Obama does figure he OWNS NY City...
  His recent accomplishment of assigning a Special Ops group to wipe out UBL was made possible by information garnered by agents who questioned Khalid Sheikh Mohammed...the agents Eric holder's "justice" departtment is trying to prosecute/persecute right now..
   Today BHO was approached by the sister of the pilot who was murdered when flight 77 smashed into the Pentagon.  (yes, the pilot had a sister & family).
    She asked him to get Holder to back off, seeing that the interrogaters saved many lives and helped to catch UBL.. 
    The prez said "NO" and turned his back on her....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/05/05/burlingame_after_meeting_with_obama_he_turned_his_back_on_me.html

Offline bigMikeA

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 07:12:45 PM »

She asked him to get Holder to back off, seeing that the interrogaters saved many lives and helped to catch UBL.. 

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/05/05/burlingame_after_meeting_with_obama_he_turned_his_back_on_me.html

I think that is totally pathetic.  The man just never ceases to disgust me.

Offline Mike38

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 07:56:19 PM »
In the rest (the really nicer)  part of NY State, we consider NY City the pits any way, a big sponge that sucks up our tax money.  Yes; there are some idiots in other parts of the state, but they just don't run around in such big bunches... ;) :D ;D

It must be similar to here in Illinois. There’s us normal people, then there is Chicago.

Chicago has 35% of the population, and 50% of the state's tax money goes to Chicago.

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 08:33:05 PM »
The Dems praise our soldiers one day to up their poll numbers.  The next day they prosecute or soldiers to satisfy their rabid America hating base.  :'(

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 01:17:24 AM »
 Mike..

You have the same deal too..huh ?  I rather expected that...

Sidewinder;

They USE whomever they can..then often turn their back on them..

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 03:04:00 AM »

TM asks;

" IF NYCity is such a drag why get your shorts in a bunch when somebody bombed it....?"

...TM7

C'mon TM;

You have to admit... of all the ill-advised, nincompoop statements..that one's a winner !  Would it not be natural for ANY American to be disturbed when ANY attack on ANY part of American soil ?
  Now I am starting to wonder just how many TMs there are...because remark doesn't sound like the carefully weighed statements we usually get from TM.

As far as your statements about Long Island...I wasn't referring to the more sane parts of the island; that which is outside the burroughs of NYC.  Obviously the parts of Long Island beyond the burroughs is a different world than the Big (wormy) Apple..

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2011, 03:31:28 AM »
All big cities have high taxes, more government in the peoples lives, from public transportation to utilities.  I've noticed and have lived in a lot of places.  The more small town and rural you get, the lower the taxes, the less big government gets in your life.  Also in small towns and rural areas, most people know each other and thus less crime.  Also, there is more charity for someone who is truely in need, again, no need for big government.  Jefferson wanted us to be a nation of farmers and didn't like big cities like what he called cesspools in Europe. 

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2011, 03:33:12 AM »
Yes B Hussein Obama does figure he OWNS NY City...
  His recent accomplishment of assigning a Special Ops group to wipe out UBL was made possible by information garnered by agents who questioned Khalid Sheikh Mohammed...the agents Eric holder's "justice" departtment is trying to prosecute/persecute right now..
   Today BHO was approached by the sister of the pilot who was murdered when flight 77 smashed into the Pentagon.  (yes, the pilot had a sister & family).

I think that asking the President of the US to back off is confrontational language and unlikely to ever work, regardless of who is asking.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2011, 05:10:54 AM »
  Not hate TM, but surely some disgust..  I don't need to prove my contention to the residents of about 85% of NY State...those who don't live in the big cities.  What holds tyrue for NYC is true of most big cities in the north.  They have the numbers of voting bodies..so they bleed the rest of us !

It is likely I don't have to prove that to;

1) Michiganders living outside Detroit, Flint & Lansing

2) Wisconson citizens living outside Milwaukee or Madison.

3) Folks living in Massachusette, west of Springfield

4) Pennsylvanians outside Philly & Pittsburg

5) Ohioans outside the three Cs

Or Minnesotans outside the twin cities...   Perhaps non-coastal residents of Washingto & Oregon have the same problem...

...And I just bet Californians would like to draw a line across just north of LA..and make San Fran an Island to itself..