Author Topic: Obama owns NYC  (Read 4307 times)

Online Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Obama owns NYC
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2011, 06:47:59 PM »
Quote from: powderman on Today at 10:17:14 PM
yellow. Well shucks whats 400,000 American lives lost?? A mere pittance.

If you say so. I wouldn't.

Well you did say it wasn't substantial.  But, then again, your trademark is smart azz remarks, minus the smart.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2011, 07:29:55 PM »
Quote from: powderman on Today at 10:17:14 PM
yellow. Well shucks whats 400,000 American lives lost?? A mere pittance.

If you say so. I wouldn't.

Well you did say it wasn't substantial.  But, then again, your trademark is smart azz remarks, minus the smart.
oh, I'm not near as smart as I used to be, back when I knew everything. And - this will get tiresome - I tried to make the point that we were comparatively unscathed in WW2, compared to our allies (and enemies) and that the US benefited greatly from the war, and our nation's survival was never in question. Those things are all true, wouldn't you agree?

some will spin that as disrespectful, or... maybe not genuflecting to a Lee Greenwood song. Oh well.

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2011, 03:00:20 AM »
  Yellow;
  And I suppose you prefer the term "jingoism" in place of "patriotism".  That is what happens when we ignore the sacrifices of those wqho fought before (and for) us.

I knew a fellow once who had served.. but in a mundane job.  He was insanely jealous of Spec Ops troops and denigrated them at every opportunity..but not to their faces, of course..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2011, 04:27:59 AM »
  Yellow;
  And I suppose you prefer the term "jingoism" in place of "patriotism".  That is what happens when we ignore the sacrifices of those wqho fought before (and for) us.

I knew a fellow once who had served.. but in a mundane job.  He was insanely jealous of Spec Ops troops and denigrated them at every opportunity..but not to their faces, of course..
The term REMF is a hateful term, but is often used by combat troops. Denigration rolls both ways.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2011, 02:11:01 PM »
  Yellow;

The term REMF is a hateful term, but is often used by combat troops. Denigration rolls both ways.

I Haven't heard any current combat troops I know, use that term and don't recognize it..  Explain please..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2011, 02:24:13 PM »
I Haven't heard any current combat troops I know, use that term and don't recognize it..  Explain please.

Never heard of a REMF?  Have you never served in the US military?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Online Casull

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2011, 02:30:41 PM »
That was helpful.   ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline powderman

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2011, 03:17:22 PM »
That was helpful.   ::)

YEP, I sure learned a lot. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2011, 03:24:59 PM »
^^^ Sunday afternoon drinking?
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2011, 04:34:59 PM »
  Yellow;

It isn't used towards the guys in supply, or the truck drivers.  It is used towards the military equivalent of "suits" who ignore reality and order things done that can't be done.  Or that anyone more than a week out of bootcamp can see shouldn't be done. 
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2011, 05:50:39 PM »
I Haven't heard any current combat troops I know, use that term and don't recognize it..  Explain please.

Never heard of a REMF?  Have you never served in the US military?

Yellow;
   One poster here was good enough to give me the rendering of the term.  The complaints with "rear eschelon" were occasional when I was in the military but not a major deal. 
    Being chaplain of the local Am Legion post, I know many young veterans, but my major contact is with my grandson and his friends, who are Special Operations Marines, then there is another young man i taught in Sunday School who is an Army Ranger (1st Ranger Bn), and a third who is just starting into his Special Forces training.  The first two have extensive combat experience, the latter due to see combat in the near future..
   None of them use the filthy, brainlees term indicated by the "MF".  Nor did I ever use such terms, I always figured those terms are for those with inadequate verbal skills to express themselves otherwise.
     In my experience and talking with current warriors, there is little growsing about the 'rear eschelon" troops, they are fully cognizant of the need for them.  The only time they may get perturbed with them is when a rear eschelon troop may try to claim for themselves, feats they never accomplished.
  My grandson did one day, in a FOB near Fallujah did confront a new, replacement 2nd looie when he tried to tell the much experienced NCOs who had been there for months..what combat is like..
  As far as the term REMF, forget it..that's for the low-brows...or perhaps for rear eschelons re-coloring their record..

Offline powderman

« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2011, 05:55:16 PM »
None of them use the filthy, brainlees term indicated by the "MF".  Nor did I ever use such terms, I always figured those terms are for those with inadequate verbal skills to express themselves otherwise.

YEP. Nuff said. POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2011, 06:10:20 PM »

You can figure that, I suppose. I've used Mike Foxtrox, and you know... I've got very adequate verbal skills. So does Al...

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2011, 06:19:43 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, my statement stands..   Such filthy talk tells much about the speaker..  If you have verbal skills, don't resort to the lowest common denominators..

I take it this "Al" is some celebrity...they can be completely devoid of any class also; in fact Hollywood types and their lifestyles have proven such over and over!

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2011, 06:26:22 PM »
^^ All day drinking binge?
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2011, 06:44:45 PM »

He didn't say much, but I think Mr Wu might have had a word or two for you, Billy...

Online Casull

« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2011, 09:05:08 PM »
You from San Francisco Yellowtail?
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2011, 09:08:12 PM »
SWEDGEN! Custer City...

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2011, 01:57:18 AM »

He didn't say much, but I think Mr Wu might have had a word or two for you, Billy...

Perhaps Mickey Mouse and Charlie Manson has something to say also..but is it worth heeding????

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2011, 02:46:07 AM »
IG...I'm pretty much staying out of this nonsense except to inform you that NYCity & 5 burroughs, LI, Westchester are pretty much Tax exporting to upstate NY rust belt and depressed areas. I don't know about the rest of US cities.  I know both US coast lines, known as liberal bastions, also have a net loss of income tax revenue as this revenue is exported to so-called conservative areas in the heartland.....conservative areas happily receive this tax money influx.

However, What I want to know is you seem to be saying there is a more polite and well mannered military nowadays that refrains from cursing and such.....is this true.??

...TM7

I very much doubt your assumption, since although certain headquarters of corps are there..t,he actual work done and money made is usually in a different location. Acyually, the liberal bastions would be quite hungry and thirsty without the heartland... but those are moot points.  What the east coast liberals and the left coast cities don't seem to recognize is their blatant arrogance. When a young woman in NYC was interviewed by Fox concerning the impression shared by some Europeans that Americans are ill informed, she answered this way;  she said (paraphrased) "maybe some people out in the middle of the country, who don't read newspapers are ignorant..buit not here in New York City" !
   You may not have noticed, but we face that kind of arrogance often.  Folks from NYC seem to believe that the world revolves around their city, and any other place is 'second rate'..and carry a chip on thewir collective shoulders.  That attitude by some has earned the denisens of NYC  a bad reputation.  This attitude is repeated by some residents of cities coast-to-coast...
   I am not alone in this assessment, I am sure you will hear this from others..

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2011, 04:07:09 AM »
Very good Ironglow. You have found yourself on a cultural divide. The final product of the radical 60s is ,you owe me. The poorly educated but well in indoctrinated of this culture feel that anti-American ranting proves they are intellectuals. The  use of terms left over  from a suppressed slave culture does not make their ideas more acceptable. You will note on this forum they often point out how well they express themselves. It seems if they were that well educated they would not have to keep telling us. The use of the Afro term of complete obedience does not represent a serious or comic social advancement. I must say when Trump used this most antisocial term he lost any healthy regard I may have had for him.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2011, 05:36:04 AM »
There's alot of high incomes in the NY downstate area, high real estate taxation, very alive materialism and so sales tax income generated.  Because of the drain by upstate depressed areas, these areas have often contemplated succeeding from the Empire State... 8)

As far as NYCity denizens being more aware or smarter than other SOBs, I can attest that they are just as dumb, if not dumber, than others... ;)

...TM7

I rcall there was a move by many to create a new state called " West New York"..somewhat as West Virginia was created from Virginia.. but the NYC politicians shot it down.  I believe the same thing has transpired in California & Oregon and would likely have the same result if it were tried in Washington state or Pennsylvania.
   I don't think the libs shot it down for financial reasons, but were prodded by their national party.  How so ?  Well just consider; if a new state wre created from NY., CA., OR, WA & PA ...those would all be new conservative states.  Then what would happen to the senate ?
  If it could be arranged, I'd be happy with a line drawn from Lake Ontario down through Syracuse and harrisburg to the MD line to make a new state.  Of course, that would be mistreating the Adirondack area however., we'd have to settle that !  :D
  I really don't expect that people living either in or far away from the big city hold a brilliance edge over the other, but it is attitude which builds a negative impact.  Although entertaining, the man-on-the-street interviews conducted in NYC by Fox or Howard Stern and asking history or current events questions, sure paint sa big STUPID sign on many a person's forehead.  I'm not saying it couldn't happen here though, should they talk with the right people. ;) :D

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2011, 06:30:02 AM »
There is currently a neighborhood in Brooklyn called East New York. Is that what you mean? And there is a West Side, where Obama lived (if you believe that he went to Columbia). And formerly, an infamousls Irish gang, called the Westies, because they were on the West Side.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2011, 03:40:12 PM »
Sorry Wreckhog; 
  Were you addressing me ?  If so, I don't follow you, since I wasn't disecting any city map.  As far as Obama is concerned, how did his name enter this conversation ?  Columbia ?   I never attached Obama's name to Columbia...and still don't know why it was mentioned here