Author Topic: "Proper Windage"  (Read 1821 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: "Proper Windage"
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2011, 03:58:24 PM »
Again... I am really new to the forum but...  seems something's missin' from your sequnce unless it's "inject liquid CO2 through vent to eject patched ball"
Sharing that sequence is NOT friendly  :o

Actually for a 50 caliber ball you just use the ball extractor, especially in South Africa...however that exact sequence was used by at least one person at every SAMCC match, by some some one, often me....

Offline gunsonwheels

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2011, 04:10:11 PM »
A fellow at a rendezvous last year did the same with his bowling ball mortar... followed it up by lowering the muzzle too far (ball rolled partially out)  to wit it went "whoosh" and spit the ball out some 10-15 feet in front of the gun (he had plenty of "windage").  Crowd was laughing pretty good at that point and he went from red to laughing with them.  Great sport!!!   :-[  :)  :D  ;D

Offline keith44

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2011, 08:46:43 PM »
Ok I totally missed the mark there. (as well as the powder charge)  :-[

Oh well, at least we arent trying to pull the projectile now
keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2011, 10:09:21 PM »
After the the first time shooting, do you think those  OF's shared anymore secrets with me...

Oh, I'm thinking that there's a good possibility that they held back just a little bit of their knowledge, probably because they wanted you to experience the joy of making some of these discoveries on your own. ;)
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.