Author Topic: Ron Paul Has Just Guaranteed He Will NOT be Elected  (Read 9443 times)

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Ron Paul Has Just Guaranteed He Will NOT be Elected
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2011, 08:08:45 AM »
I can't figure out how to make those little blue boxes with the quotes, so let me try to address Ironglow's question.  This libertarian dealt with 9/11 by ... walking away. That doesn't reflect too well on me I know, and I could wiggle out by saying there were other issues, like I didn't want the party to nominate Harry Browne again because it would start to look like Harry's cult ('04 was Harry's second time at bat).  But the truth is, I felt personally assaulted by 9/11 and I was mad.  As I mentioned somewhere else, I could have been in the Pentagon, and I could see the smoke rising from my home, miles away.  I didn't have any customers at that end of the building, but someone I had dealt with or spoken to might have been injured or killed, I'm still not sure.  Besides, in '04 the media still seemed happy with Bush, and Mr. Kerry's campaign seemed to be based on the idea that he would take a rifle and personally bag a terrorist for me.  Fine sentiment but not enough to win my vote, so I went with Bush.  I suspected I was making a grave error, and boy was I right.

As we know, Bush's honeymoon ended in early '05.  Suddenly the Iraq War looked like a terrible idea and the media started finding a thousand and one things to expose.  IMO most of it was garbage, but it was clear we needed new leadership and the democrats swerved hard-left, so Bob Barr looked good to me in '08.  Many libertarians hated Barr as a knee-jerk right winger who was a father of the War on Drugs and voted for the Patriot Act, but I though those credentials gave him great moral authority when he renounced them.

Where to go from here?  I think the War on Terror has to be completely re-configured.  Intell and special ops should be the main areas, by which I do NOT mean wire-tapping half the US and shredding whatever is left of our freedom.  Object if you wish, but I think regional partners must play a large role.  These regional partners are not our stooges and they have agendas not necessarily to our liking, but I don't think there is any other way.  With all due respect to others on the forum, the "Kill them all and let God sort them out" mentality will only make matters worse.  Just my two cents worth, which I now see is more like five or ten bucks worth.   

Offline powderman

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2011, 08:42:38 AM »
Just click QUOTE in the upper rt hand corner of the post you want to quote. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2011, 09:01:36 AM »
   So, what's the answer?  Just give up ? Let the jihadists hit us every now and then ..as on 9/11 and never go after their bases in other nations ?  You said yourself, there are millions out there wanting to attack us..is it a libertarian principle to just play Muhammad Ali's "rope-a-dope" and permit the jihadists hit us again and again ?  How many 9/11 attacks can we withstand ?
    Tell me, except they just play rope-a-dope, what is the Libertarian plan to stop the "hate America" jihadists who hide, train and financed in other countries..and do it BEFORE they hit us..

Libertarians are guided by the Constitution. They are not willing to ignore it like Obama does, Bush did, Clinton did, etc. Libertarians are only willing to go to war if it is done Constitutionally - declared by congress. That was not done in this case.

Answer these questions for me:

1. How does it make you feel when the government ignores the Constitution and writes gun control laws to "keep us safe"?
2. How does it make you feel when the government ignores the Constitution and writes laws allowing the TSA to grope women and children in airports to "keep us safe"?

Why then do you think it's OK for the government to ignore the Constitution and send our good men and women in uniform off to die in an undeclared war in order to "keep us safe"?

Doublebass;
  First off; whether certain actions were constitutional or not is still being debated by the courts..so let's leave that there..

Now; let us take up your ploy..it is not good policy to atte4mpt to answer a question withj another question..that leaves us nowhere..
  My question was not one concerning nuances of the constitution  but rather about the defense of our American land and people.
 Please try addressing the question factually..because frankly; I believe pure libertarians don't have a satisfactory answer, but I'll give you another chance by asking again.....

"So, what's the answer?  Just give up ? Let the jihadists hit us every now and then ..as on 9/11 and never go after their bases in other nations ?  You said yourself, there are millions out there wanting to attack us..is it a libertarian principle to just play Muhammad Ali's "rope-a-dope" and permit the jihadists hit us again and again ?  How many 9/11 attacks can we withstand ?
    Tell me, except they just play rope-a-dope, what is the Libertarian plan to stop the "hate America" jihadists who hide, train and financed in other countries..and do it BEFORE they hit us.."?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2011, 09:24:16 AM »
I can't figure out how to make those little blue boxes with the quotes, so let me try to address Ironglow's question.  This libertarian dealt with 9/11 by ... walking away. That doesn't reflect too well on me I know, and I could wiggle out by saying there were other issues, like I didn't want the party to nominate Harry Browne again because it would start to look like Harry's cult ('04 was Harry's second time at bat).  But the truth is, I felt personally assaulted by 9/11 and I was mad.  As I mentioned somewhere else, I could have been in the Pentagon, and I could see the smoke rising from my home, miles away.  I didn't have any customers at that end of the building, but someone I had dealt with or spoken to might have been injured or killed, I'm still not sure.  Besides, in '04 the media still seemed happy with Bush, and Mr. Kerry's campaign seemed to be based on the idea that he would take a rifle and personally bag a terrorist for me.  Fine sentiment but not enough to win my vote, so I went with Bush.  I suspected I was making a grave error, and boy was I right.

As we know, Bush's honeymoon ended in early '05.  Suddenly the Iraq War looked like a terrible idea and the media started finding a thousand and one things to expose.  IMO most of it was garbage, but it was clear we needed new leadership and the democrats swerved hard-left, so Bob Barr looked good to me in '08.  Many libertarians hated Barr as a knee-jerk right winger who was a father of the War on Drugs and voted for the Patriot Act, but I though those credentials gave him great moral authority when he renounced them.

Where to go from here?  I think the War on Terror has to be completely re-configured.  Intell and special ops should be the main areas, by which I do NOT mean wire-tapping half the US and shredding whatever is left of our freedom.  Object if you wish, but I think regional partners must play a large role.  These regional partners are not our stooges and they have agendas not necessarily to our liking, but I don't think there is any other way.  With all due respect to others on the forum, the "Kill them all and let God sort them out" mentality will only make matters worse.  Just my two cents worth, which I now see is more like five or ten bucks worth.

US;
    Thanks for the sincere try!  I agree with you and Donald Rumsfeld, that Spec Ops should be a very large part of our defense budget but where does that leave the position of pure libertarians..who despise "foreign entanglements"  and what would we use these Spec Ops troops for ? 
  Historically with any nation, troops have been used in either one of two ways, fighting foreign wars or restraining the people of that nation.  Libertarians seem to be ruling out striking back at those who attack our nation, as Bin Ladin and the various terrorist forces have.... and all of us are  against government sponsord supression of the people..    So,.... from the Libertarian point of view, where would the Spec Ops troops be used ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2011, 09:48:44 AM »
 I figure Black Ops troops are by their very term invisible, clandestine and used when regular troops would create a political sensitive( negative) impact. Usually aggresive in their deployment but could be explained as a defensive force in a potential( pre-emt.) situation.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2011, 10:22:24 AM »
Ideally, intell identifies the threat and spec ops takes it out.  Preemptive use of force will be used if we are absolutely sure of our intell, but large numbers of troops on the ground seems to me counterproductive.  They become targets of opportunity and ambassadors of ill will, and good will is essential to gather the intell to start the whole process.  Of course, if the national leader comes to us and says he needs an armored brigade to keep from being run out of town by his own people, then we are back to square one.  I know, there are no easy answers.

One thing we could do is get our house in order domestically so that people see us as a beacon of hope rather than a bankrupt colossus.  Again, easier said than dome.  I don't think I am really a pure libertarian.  I never swore an oath or anything, I just think their candidates would be better at putting our house in order than the clowns the Two party puts up.

Before someone gets mad at me for the "ill will" remark - the pastor of our church was a chaplain in Iraq a while back.  He told me that many Iraqis told him that European troops are drunken, thieving, women insulting, kid bullying trash compared to Americans.  There are none finer than ours, but no one likes to see foreign soldiers - would you?   

Offline jimster

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2011, 03:20:16 PM »
US;
    Thanks for the sincere try!  I agree with you and Donald Rumsfeld, that Spec Ops should be a very large part of our defense budget but where does that leave the position of pure libertarians..who despise "foreign entanglements" 

I just hear Ron Paul speak, he named off the part of the constitution that he would agree with concerning this, a small number of men sent on special ops missions to strike, he also said it would have cost much less than having our soldiers killed by the thousands over 10 years deployed looking for bad guys. I had to agree with him on this.

So it seems even though he is libertarian, he does agree on much smaller targeted strike force if needed to go after someone.  He figures we messed that up a decade ago...and got entangled in a bunch of other stuff. He does not like foreign entanglements, he made that clear.  I don't either. 

I liked his speech....he sounds the exact opposite of this current administration...and a lot different than the republicans who have been getting pretty close to this administration.

Speaking of republicans...are they getting paid to not come up with a real conservative or what?  They almost remind me of the democrats, kind of self destructing.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2011, 03:58:32 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/12/ron-paul-ordered-bin-laden-raid/

Why does this guy keep doing dumb, stupid, $h!t like this?   Bill T.

You mean that because a man really believes we should follow the law and not commit illegal acts he won't get elected? You are probably right  but it is really great to know that there is at least one other man who thinks that our nation should follow the law and behave in a legal manner,And puts his beliefs in front of all else.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2011, 04:48:16 PM »
ironglow,

I did answer your question but let me clarify, I am not in favor of violating the Constitution for any reason. We invaded two sovereign nations without a Constitutional declaration of war. After 9/11 I wanted Bin Laden dead just as much as you you did. To me the right thing to do would have been to let the Taliban government know that they have a choice, either give us what we wanted or we would formally declare war on them. As far as Iraq goes, I don't see the point. If it's our nation's policy to go after any country that has weapons that might do us harm then there are other countries such as Iran who are more deserving.

We have a template on how to win and lose wars. During the last war that we won congress formally declared war on Germany and Japan. We used every tool we had at out disposal and we went all in. We dropped the big bombs knowing many innocent lives would be taken, it didn't matter to us, we just wanted to win. Since then we have changed to a policy of undeclared wars while at the same time decided the lives of American soldiers are less important than collateral damage. That is absolutely sickening and the biggest reason why we lost in Korea and Vietnam. To me if a war is necessary then we better be prepared to use every tool at our disposal or else don't send our good men and women to battle.

To further answer your question, I don't want to give up. I want to see us change our policy of foreign alliances. Get out of the middle east completely, protect our own borders and not worry about what happens in the rest of the world. Like I said before, there is no way a few hundred thousand American troops in Iraq and Afghanistan can root out all of the millions of Jihadists out there. Never mind the Trillions of dollars that is costs. A change in foreign policy is the only way to cure it. Otherwise we will be fighting with them until the end of time. Our current policy of fighting the bad guys with our hands tied behind our backs is not the way that is going to end terrorism. There are far too many of them and they are multiplying like rabbits. The only answer is to give them somebody else to hate instead of us.

Shall I assume that you are in favor of violating the Constitution to keep us safe by not answering my questions?
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2011, 05:16:32 PM »
We are self destructing as a nation. The slow but constant erosion of our founding principles. Foreign alliances that bind us into the world’s problems and then we step in to be seen as a foreign invader by the rest of the world. We have become a pawn for the UN, off doing the cabal of UNers dirty work like the worlds hired bully. We have become hated by many and loathed by even more. Blow back is hell. Our founding fathers warned of this. The constitution simply presents our politicians a few road blocks. Subversion of it has become SOP.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2011, 05:21:26 PM »
We are self destructing as a nation. The slow but constant erosion of our founding principles. Foreign alliances that bind us into the world’s problems and then we step in to be seen as a foreign invader by the rest of the world. We have become a pawn for the UN, off doing the cabal of UNers dirty work like the worlds hired bully. We have become hated by many and loathed by even more. Blow back is hell. Our founding fathers warned of this. The constitution simply presents our politicians a few road blocks. Subversion of it has become SOP.
+1
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Gary G

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2011, 05:38:13 PM »
There is more to it than this. After the Soviet Union blew up as a result of a bad economic model and overextension of their military, we needed another boogie-bear to keep the empire in motion. The middle east would do. After all they had no navy or aircraft carriers. Saddam was our ally against Iran. We gave him the go ahead to attack Kuwait in a border dispute. When he did, Bush I attacked him. He was painted a tyrant.

The Taliban, with Bin laden, we supported and called them freedom fighters when Russia was in there.  Now they are terrorist fighting us. It never occurs that they are doing the same thing now as when it was Russia.

But the empire ever expands and it is lowering our standard of living and putting us in grave danger of economic collapse. No doubt these were some bad characters, but just maybe all the bad guys don't live over there.
Fear must pervade, or the sheeple may bemoan our indentured servitude to them five months out of the year.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2011, 02:16:46 AM »
ironglow,

I did answer your question but let me clarify, I am not in favor of violating the Constitution for any reason. We invaded two sovereign nations without a Constitutional declaration of war. After 9/11 I wanted Bin Laden dead just as much as you you did. To me the right thing to do would have been to let the Taliban government know that they have a choice, either give us what we wanted or we would formally declare war on them. As far as Iraq goes, I don't see the point. If it's our nation's policy to go after any country that has weapons that might do us harm then there are other countries such as Iran who are more deserving.

We have a template on how to win and lose wars. During the last war that we won congress formally declared war on Germany and Japan. We used every tool we had at out disposal and we went all in. We dropped the big bombs knowing many innocent lives would be taken, it didn't matter to us, we just wanted to win. Since then we have changed to a policy of undeclared wars while at the same time decided the lives of American soldiers are less important than collateral damage. That is absolutely sickening and the biggest reason why we lost in Korea and Vietnam. To me if a war is necessary then we better be prepared to use every tool at our disposal or else don't send our good men and women to battle.

To further answer your question, I don't want to give up. I want to see us change our policy of foreign alliances. Get out of the middle east completely, protect our own borders and not worry about what happens in the rest of the world. Like I said before, there is no way a few hundred thousand American troops in Iraq and Afghanistan can root out all of the millions of Jihadists out there. Never mind the Trillions of dollars that is costs. A change in foreign policy is the only way to cure it. Otherwise we will be fighting with them until the end of time. Our current policy of fighting the bad guys with our hands tied behind our backs is not the way that is going to end terrorism. There are far too many of them and they are multiplying like rabbits. The only answer is to give them somebody else to hate instead of us.

Shall I assume that you are in favor of violating the Constitution to keep us safe by not answering my questions?

Doublebass;
    I did offer you an answer, but you didn't receive it.   Just because you declare certain actions as "unconstitutional"..doesn't mean they are ..  How often do we hear everybody and his back fence neighbor declare some action as unconstitutional ?  Still, these accusations must be searched out in the courts, up to and including the SCOTUS !  Remember also, the constitution also places "provide for common defense" as a top priority !
     You say a war must be officially declared, otherwise we are simply invading another nation's soveriegn territory.  According to the most Libertarian candidate (RP)in a recent interview, using a spec ops team in a judicious way may become necessary.  Jimster heard the same interview;
  "I just hear Ron Paul speak, he named off the part of the constitution that he would agree with concerning this, a small number of men sent on special ops missions to strike, he also said it would have cost much less than having our soldiers killed by the thousands over 10 years deployed looking for bad guys. I had to agree with him on this."

So, is Ron Paul saying that violating the constitution "by just a little bit" is acceptable ?   I think we know the answer.  We know what a man is called who only liues once or twice a week..and a woman who sells her honor once or twice a month is.  There is no such thing as violating the constitution "a little bit".  I certainly can agree that where a small number of spec ops can accomplish the job..let them do it, rather than commmit large forces.  This is exactly what Donald Rumsfeld was developing when he was relieved.
   I am not in disagreement with Ron Paul in this however, since such activities are covered by providing for the common defense... just as our leaders are doing when they seek to eliminate WMD aimed at being used upon the US.

I do agree that whatever forces the US commits, should be backed by all the supplies and support needed to do the job as quickly and efficently as the can...and that without political interference.  War should be a "no holds barred" event where the active enemy is concerned.  I agree with most of what you say about being serious about war..avoid if possible, but once entered into..no hesitations.

Encapsulating; If we are to claim "constitutional purity" we cannot violate it by even a "little bit".  But then we are faced by a situation like Afghanistan and the Pakis.. both being two-faced and harboring our enemies.  With the Pakis already possessing nuclear weapons and subject at any time being taken over by radical Islamofacists, what is our next move ?  Do we declare war on Pakistan, or wait until they have furnished nuclear weapons to  groups who use them on several of our major centers ?  Remember, our borders are still very porous and there is strong evidence that such groups are already here...
   Do we leave them alone and unhindered in the middle east...only to continue to plot, plan and put into motion, still more 9/11s ?

Offline Bill T

• Contributor
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2011, 03:08:30 AM »
well  some people do live ''outside of the box'' i vote freedom first....even if it gives a woman a choice i might not agree with.

I agree to a point. The fact of the matter is you have to get elected before you can $h!t thunder and do great wonders. Even Hussein understood that. Ron Paul never will. Yes, he makes some good points economically, and likes the preservation of freedom. That's all well and good. Then he has to go and screw it all up making whacked out statements like this one, along with claiming he's been "visited" by an alien, and has been seen talking with all of these idiot 9/11 "truthers". Regardless of who you are, or what you stand for or against, you have to have electability. Ron Paul doesn't have it and never will. Give him a shovel and he'll dig a political hole for himself, and jump into it every time. I'm sorry, but that is just plain stupid. Sending money to his campaign will accomplish as much as donating it to the UN. Bill T.

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2011, 04:06:07 AM »
Well said BillT.  It seems in ever election cycle we have one of these off the wall candidates.  They do some times get elected.  Obama has proved that it can be done.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2011, 04:55:23 AM »
  Bill;
  Did he really talk of aliens paying him a call ?  Did he actually give credence to the 9/11 truthers ?  I hope not, but if so it will sure cut his credibility..

...But surely, things will work themselves out..

Offline magooch

« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2011, 04:58:29 AM »
There is nothing in the Constitution that prescribes the exact wording of a declaration of war, nor how it must be conducted.  President Bush was given permission by Congress to use whatever means necessary to defend the country and bring the perpetrators of 9-11 to justice.  That is a declaration of war.

I said at the time that if we're going to have a war, then let's have a (censored word) war.  Identify the targets and take them out forever.  No troops were necessary then and no troops are necessary now.  That's what big bombs, rockets and bombers are for.

Uncle Ted made some statements the other night on the Huckleberry Show.  He said, "Alright, we got bin Laden, now let's get on with the rest.  You can't compromise with, make friends with, or make peace with them; you've got to kill them all."  I agree at least to the point where you make it clear that there will be total retaliation for any action against us, or our allies.  Even Muslims must have some kind of limit they are willing to pay for their warped ideology.
Swingem

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2011, 05:09:06 AM »
It may be a case of Paul realizing that with the country so screwed up today he might actually get the nomination, which would be a great gift for the dems.  So he's being a good soldier and falling on his sword.  They say that Indiana governor Mitch Daniels might be the best one, but it's still very early.  The republicans should stay loose and wait for Obama to make more blunders.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2011, 05:18:32 AM »
Do we leave them alone and unhindered in the middle east...only to continue to plot, plan and put into motion, still more 9/11s ?

How come Switzerland never gets attacked by these terrorists? We have a choice, we can change our policy on the middle east, get the hell out of there and we won't have to worry about it anymore. Otherwise, as long as these stone age fools see us as occupying their land they will continue to attack us until the end of time. They have been fighting with Jews for thousands of years and they will fight us for thousands of years unless we get out of there. It's impossible to win a war against uncivilized people that death means nothing to. We beat Japan because death meant something to them, they feared that we would continue to vaporize their cities so they surrendered. When you're fighting an enemy that doesn't fear death then the only way to beat them is to kill every single one of them. Otherwise, as long as they see us as occupiers they will continue to want to kill us.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2011, 05:37:42 AM »
The problem with getting people on board with Ron Paul is that nobody reads anything more than the headlines of articles.  When you think through what Paul is talking about regarding his thoughts on Osama, or legalizing heroine and other drugs then it makes it a lot more clear.

I still think that Ron Paul could be the Hope & Change people could actually believe in and count on in 2012.  Who says he's destined to loose.  He's still got my vote so far.

Offline Bill T

• Contributor
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2011, 07:42:33 AM »
How come Switzerland never gets attacked by these terrorists?

Because they are a pi$$ a$$ little country that offer nothing other than skiing, Cu-Cu-Clocks, chocolate, anonymous banking, and over priced watches. We are not Switzerland, and never have been. We are a Christian based, world class, Super Power that Muslims HATE, period. Screw these people, all of them. Why should we change our policies for them? These little smelly, unbathed a$$ hats run around the world killing anyone and everyone who disagrees with their terror based, stupid religion, then expect handouts from us? Give me a break! Pakistan doesn't like what we did to Bin Laden. Too bad. Play both sides of the fence and this is what you get. The more pissed they get, the better I like it. The problem with this world is Muslims, not giving, caring, Christian Americans!   Bill T.

Offline Bill T

• Contributor
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2011, 07:46:55 AM »
Well said BillT.  It seems in ever election cycle we have one of these off the wall candidates.  They do some times get elected.  Obama has proved that it can be done.

While I hate Hussein, along with everything he stands for, I must admit he was a brilliant campaigner, and ran an equally brilliant campaign. Ron Paul could not run a worse one if he tried. That is sad. For a man his age, with his experience in life, as well as politics, he should have more sense than stubbornness.   Bill T.

Offline Bill T

• Contributor
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2011, 08:04:44 AM »
  Bill;
  Did he really talk of aliens paying him a call ?  Did he actually give credence to the 9/11 truthers ?  I hope not, but if so it will sure cut his credibility.

It really doesn't matter if it's true or not. Swing voters read this kind of stuff, and head for the hills afterward. Many people sit on the fence until 5 minutes before they start the car to head for the voting booth. These people will be scared away by Ron Paul. The sad thing is he could capture their hearts if he even tried. He's a warm, loving kind of guy you look for an excuse to vote for. The problem is he is always giving you one to not vote for.

His own mouth is his worst enemy. He needs to speak from his brain a little more than his heart. Just because you think a certain way, doesn't mean you have to say it. Just think what Hussein is thinking that he doesn't say. Ron Paul is too honest for his own good. A politician doesn't have to be inherently dishonest. He just has to know when to keep his mouth shut. Ron Paul doesn't. Because of that he'll never live at 1600 North.   Bill T.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2011, 09:05:24 AM »
US;

He does not like foreign entanglements, he made that clear.  I don't either. 

I keep thinking of these foreign entanglements. Non aggression pacts and mutual defense agreements.
Consider  this:
A Serb Nationalist shot and killed the Archduke Ferdinand and his wife riding in an open vehicle( No guys in Black apparently) This was interpreted as an Act of War, which resulted other nations to get involved because of these entanglements and you had WW l !!! 

This set the stage after a relative short period of time in starting WW II. the Rise of the Soviet Union, Communist China, the Cold War, Police Actions on the Korean Peninsula. Throw in NATO and SEATO, the Warsaw Pact among others
Add more silliness to enrich a select group of One Worlders and string pullers and no present exit plans from this Wheel of Misery.

I whole heartily agree, snip the entanglements, secure the borders, and clean out the stink in DC.

What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2011, 01:09:10 PM »
Given who is in the race, Paul has my vote.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline powderman

« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2011, 01:16:59 PM »
Given who is in the race, Paul has my vote.

YEP, mine too. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2011, 01:31:09 PM »
if ron paul  got the republican nomination
i would definatly vote for  him

i wonder how many libertarians  will still help the democrats defeat him
BUY STILL VOTING  FOR THE LIBERTARIAN CANTIDATE WHO HAS  NO CHANCE AT ALL

did  i mention  bob barr made me switch from libertarian  to republican
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline jimster

« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2011, 01:36:44 PM »
He has mine too, I see nobody running for office yet that tells it like it is. He has warned us over the years of everything that has happened (all on record), he is warning us now of how much worse it could get....you simply can't keep spending the tax payers money like it does not end, it has ended...they are still spending more than they take in, and have no real budget.

Anyone who sticks to the constitution is going to be feared and thought of as crazy, because we haven't used it for so long.  Seems that going against our constitution is the norm...people in both major party's just accept it.  So do the people that are attached to these two party's.

Who else will run that wants to use the constitution?  So far nobody....Dems won't, Republicans have nobody that will. 

Paul is the closest one running so far...I don't see anything from the republicans at all, they act like they are getting paid off to be really stupid and have nobody....again!  Republicans are pretty much worthless as usuall.  They got nothing...they are lucky Paul is running as one of them, they are too stupid to realize it, and too dumb to realize the worth of a libertarian in their party.  They deserve to lose to Obama...we don't want that, but they do deserve it.  The republicans make me so mad I actually want them to lose....and the socialists can have four more years and double the debt as well...they deserve to live in a place like Cuba...and soon will be.   The only thing that can straighten out these bone heads in both party's is to crash even more, until they finally admit their fuzzy math and idealogy is all horse crap. 

I vented...and feel much better now.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2011, 01:40:08 PM »
just since this thread has  been started  i can  now say

I MAY EVEN VOTE FOR HIM IN THE PRIMARIES

i wouldn't have said that last week

he  will make  bigger mistakes than he has so far
but  others will probly  make bigger mistakes than he will
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Bill T

• Contributor
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2011, 09:25:52 AM »
http://patriotupdate.com/6936/ron-paul-sell-the-gold-in-fort-knox

Now this crackpot wants to sell off all of the gold in Fort Knox to pay down the debt. Real smart. Sell off what little we have of a national treasure, that won't even make a dent in the National Debt. At $1,496.00 an ounce there is $220 billion dollars of gold in Fort Knox. We currently owe $14+ TRILLION. Will someone get this clown a calculator!  Bill T.