Author Topic: Ron Paul Has Just Guaranteed He Will NOT be Elected  (Read 9419 times)

Offline Bill T

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Ron Paul Has Just Guaranteed He Will NOT be Elected
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2011, 12:35:26 AM »
The comments he makes he knows will cause him negative controversy, which is exactly why he makes them. Most politicians are very careful with what they say, because they know every word will be scrutinized. He couldn't be more careless and foolish. It's as if he doesn't want to be President. Either that or he has to be the dumbest man running for the job, based on the stupid, foolish, whacked out comments he continually makes. Selling gold in Ft. Knox, wouldn't have hit Bin Laden, come on! What does any of that have to do with the "preservation of freedom"? He talks like a fool.    Bill T.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2011, 01:32:45 AM »
  While I can't rate him as #1 of my choice..he is far ahead of anything the Dems have offered in years and ahead of most of the "party approved, stick figures" the Republicans try to push on us..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Bill T

• Contributor
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2011, 02:14:13 AM »
He's far too radical. Total isolationism has never worked. Look at China. They were a closed society for decades. The same with the Soviet Union. Where did it get them? The fact of the matter is the world needs us and we need them. Certainly from a business and economic standpoint. Look at the amount of oil we require. Even if we were to start drilling, it would take years before we could even come close to producing enough. There is not enough gold on the planet for us to presently go back to a gold standard. Yet he continually proposes it, and then turns around and tells everyone he wants to sell off what little we presently have. His pie in the sky policies lack any and all common sense.

He has some halfway decent economic principals as far as cutting spending, and reducing the size of government, but then he comes up with all of this off the wall crap that just plain scares people. He'll never see the Presidency, ever. He beats the same drum his small base of followers want to hear. Beyond that he gains little traction. He's nothing more than a third party retread who will never raise the needed money to have a successful campaign. Yes, like it or not it requires a ton of money to become President. Ron Paul doesn't have it and never will. And if he continues on his present path, all the cash on the planet won't help him. Just when it appears he's getting some much needed traction, he completely derails. The man is too detached from reality. I'm getting tired of watching it, and so are a lot of others. His entire campaign has been reduced to guessing what, along with when his next gaff is going to be.  Bill T.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2011, 02:42:11 AM »
The comments he makes he knows will cause him negative controversy, which is exactly why he makes them. Most politicians are very careful with what they say, because they know every word will be scrutinized. He couldn't be more careless and foolish. It's as if he doesn't want to be President. Either that or he has to be the dumbest man running for the job, based on the stupid, foolish, whacked out comments he continually makes. Selling gold in Ft. Knox, wouldn't have hit Bin Laden, come on! What does any of that have to do with the "preservation of freedom"? He talks like a fool.    Bill T.

So what your sayin is, that you prefer slick talkin politicians that skirt the truth, and measure their words so they won't tip you off to their real intentions? :o ???
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Bill T

• Contributor
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2011, 03:06:00 AM »
It has nothing to do with "slick talk". It is all about common sense thinking before you open your yap. When you're running for the office of President your primary job should be to win the election. Ron Paul continually says things that will prevent him from doing that. If he chooses to put his vast honesty ahead of common sense, fine. Then don't waste peoples time and money trying to run for an office you'll never win.

All of us have to watch our mouth. You can't say things where you work about certain people, because it will get you fired, or jeopardize your position to earn a living. Regardless if the badmouthing of that individual is deserved or not. A Presidential candidate is under tremendous scrutiny because he has opponents who want him to lose. It's not about what you say, as much as it is what you don't. In short, Ron Paul runs his mouth too much making foolish statements he doesn't have to make. Lately every time he opens it, $h!t comes out. We don't like politicians because we think all they do is tell us only what we want to hear. The problem is a double edged sword. As soon as they don't they drop in the polls faster than a brick in a swimming pool. Ron Paul proves that most every time he has spoken lately.  Bill T.

Offline Dee

« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2011, 03:35:25 AM »
When you're running for the office of President your primary job should be to win the election. Ron Paul continually says things that will prevent him from doing that. If he chooses to put his vast honesty ahead of common sense, fine.

So Ron Paul should stop being honest and center his attention on winning at all costs like everyone else that's running?
A Presidential candidate is under tremendous scrutiny because he has opponents who want him to lose. It's not about what you say, as much as it is what you don't. .

So if the candidate, (in this case Ron Paul) knows what the problems and solutions are, he shouldn't mention them cause it turns voters off?

We don't like politicians because we think all they do is tell us only what we want to hear. The problem is a double edged sword. As soon as they don't they drop in the polls faster than a brick in a swimming pool. Bill T.

With you own personal analogy it seems the problem is not with Ron Paul and his OFFENSIVE HONESTY, but it is instead with the VOTER. They cannot handle honesty, and PREFER DECEITFUL CANDIDATES.

Offline Bill T

• Contributor
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2011, 03:46:07 AM »
As I said in an earlier post, You have to get elected before you can $h!t thunder and do great wonders. Why is this so difficult for you to digest? What difference does it make if Ron Paul is the most honest man to come down the pike since Jesus Christ, if he never makes it into office?

I'm not saying the man should LIE, just stop running his mouth so damn foolishly. For example, common sense dictates there is not enough gold on the planet for us to go back on a monitary gold standard. Yet he continually says it. Why not say........

"We as a nation should never have gone off of a precious metal standard, as it would have prevented our money from becoming so devalued, along with limiting the out of control spending our government is presently engaged in."

......But he never makes cautious statements. And in the process he runs off voters who then become afraid of him because he sounds like a crackpot. People don't want a crackpot for a President, regardless of how "honest" he is. Ron Paul just doesn't grasp that concept. And it appears the way he's been stepping on his tongue lately, he never will. The whole thing is getting old, and very non productive.   Bill T.

Offline Dee

« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2011, 04:02:27 AM »
Actually Bill T, I think everything you said is basically TRUE. Not that Ron Paul "runs his mouth", but that the American voter is so "ill-informed" about the issues, that they don't understand, or comprehend what Paul is talking about, and refuse to vote for him because of their own ignorance of the issues.
The quintessential "slick politician" knows thru experience to: PROMISE THEM WHAT YOU CAN'T DELIVER, and KEEP THOSE ENTITLEMENTS AND SUBSIDIES COMING. That's what the American voter wants to hear.
Ron Paul's message is: We really can't do this anymore, we're broke.

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2011, 04:09:25 AM »
Ron Paul's grasp of economic and financial matters is light years ahead of most people's.  He knows that a pure specie-gold standard is unworkable, but there are many forms of commodity-backed currency.  What we have now is basically a paper standard, with the paper created at will by a dysfunctional political regime.

The centerpiece of Ron Paul's political philosophy is constitutional governance. Under our constitution the president is only one part of a balanced structure which was created very carefully to protect the liberty of the people.  He has a reputation for saying what he thinks, but his principles and beliefs would make him the least dangerous president in a long time. 

Offline powderman

« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2011, 04:24:59 AM »
+ 2. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Bill T

• Contributor
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2011, 04:25:12 AM »
Actually Bill T, I think everything you said is basically TRUE. Not that Ron Paul "runs his mouth", but that the American voter is so "ill-informed" about the issues, that they don't understand, or comprehend what Paul is talking about, and refuse to vote for him because of their own ignorance of the issues.

I don't think that is the case at all. The voters see what I see, along with everyone else regarding Ron Paul. A lot of what he stands for, people in general don't want. Isolationism. The fact he wouldn't have gone after Bin Laden. Along with a host of other issues most people feel is the way this country does not need to go at the present time.

Another thing is Paul does not appear to be "tough". In that regard he's a lot like Hussein. It takes too much to get him pissed. Hussein is letting China crap all over us, and it's flat out pi$$ing a lot of voters off. It's why all of our enemies love him so much. They can walk all over him and he won't do a damn thing. Bin Laden boosted him in the polls because it's the only time he showed he has any balls. Then Paul comes out and promptly sticks his foot in his mouth saying he would not have authorized it. He didn't need to say that, regardless if it's how he felt. If you had a sister who went to Las Vegas and became a call girl, would you be "dishonest" if you didn't run around telling everyone you know? Some things are just better off left unsaid. Especially if you're a politician running for the highest office in the land. Ron Paul just doesn't grasp that, or else he doesn't care. Either way it's a fatal flaw that is train wrecking his campaign.

PROMISE THEM WHAT YOU CAN'T DELIVER, and KEEP THOSE ENTITLEMENTS AND SUBSIDIES COMING. That's what the American voter wants to hear.
Ron Paul's message is: We really can't do this anymore, we're broke.

True. But other politicians on the Republican ticket like Bachmann and others are saying much the same. They just don't say it so offensively. Yes, they will all lose the entitlement loving minorities, but the Republicans never had them anyway. The minorities would vote democratic if they ran Mickey Mouse. There are ways to tell your constituents bad news. But you have to do it without scaring them off in the process. Ron Paul has great difficulty accomplishing that.   Bill T.

Offline Bill T

• Contributor
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2011, 04:31:46 AM »
Ron Paul's grasp of economic and financial matters is light years ahead of most people's.  He knows that a pure specie-gold standard is unworkable, but there are many forms of commodity-backed currency.  What we have now is basically a paper standard, with the paper created at will by a dysfunctional political regime.

The centerpiece of Ron Paul's political philosophy is constitutional governance. Under our constitution the president is only one part of a balanced structure which was created very carefully to protect the liberty of the people.  He has a reputation for saying what he thinks, but his principles and beliefs would make him the least dangerous president in a long time.

You may in fact be correct in that statement. However we'll never know because he will never be elected. He pushes this whole pretence of, "Governing Strictly From The Constitution", way too far. If you want to become President Of The United States, there are better ways of doing it than stating you would legalize Heroin because it is "unconstitutional" to keep it banned. Even if he is technically correct in saying it, it is simply a stupid, destructive thing to say politically. We're right back to saying things better left unsaid, than to say them and scare the majority away. That may not be "right", but I can all but guarantee you that is the way it is.  Bill T.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2011, 04:32:49 AM »
Thinking I won't vote at all.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2011, 05:27:01 AM »
The president can not legalize heroin short of issuing an executive order, which is exactly the kind of thing Ron Paul would never do.  The initiative would have to come from congress and is very unlikely - I'm not sure I would even support it.  The president's role would be to appoint a DEA chief who would move the War on Drugs into a new direction.  Actually, the president would send the new chief's name up to congress for approval, so the will of the people would be respected. 

I agree that Paul's election would be an uphill battle, unless the economic situation had deteriorated significantly or Obama's incompetence had led the country into a major disaster.  Unfortunately, neither scenario is terribly far-fetched.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2011, 05:53:12 AM »
+2 for the Status Que Paso
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2011, 05:53:37 AM »

I agree that Paul's election would be an uphill battle........................

A vertical cliff IMO
I doubt he would win the primaries since moderate and lib Repubs( Rino's) won't vote for him.
Should by a miracle he gets the nod for the general election, his support base is much to small. Obama will keep his job.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Bill T

• Contributor
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2011, 06:35:07 AM »
The president can not legalize heroin short of issuing an executive order, which is exactly the kind of thing Ron Paul would never do.  The initiative would have to come from congress and is very unlikely.

I agree. The point once again is Ron Paul should not be discussing it simply because it is inflammatory, and would most likely never happen based on exactly what you said. So why alienate voters by throwing it out there in the first place? It accomplishes nothing but damaging him in the eyes of many potential voters who will be scared off. He continually does this, and for whatever reason he refuses to stop. There is zero upside to what he is doing in this regard.   Bill T.

Offline Casull

« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2011, 07:07:39 AM »
Bill, I'm afraid that most of your points are correct.  While I'd like to see a Constitutionalist in the office, RP won't be that person.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2011, 07:22:29 AM »
+2.
By far, the best capable of fixing this countries disasters of those who are in the race.

Anyone that thinks Paul is a radical, has lost touch with what this country is about. There is nothing radical about a deep desire to follow our constitution and founding pricipals. That is the highest law of this land and the oath a president takes. Radical, is the opposite. Radical is what many have become so use too, they have either no idea what normal is or simply lost touch with our origins.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2011, 08:54:57 AM »
-2 just taking votes/money away from someone who could beat Obama.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline MGMorden

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2011, 09:03:52 AM »
+1

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2011, 09:07:00 AM »
Just out of curiosity how many visiting this topic likes Ron Paul?
heck just replay with a +1 if you like him or maybe a +2 if you and the better half like him. For those who dont and -1 or -2 will also do. But feel free to voice your opinons of the man also.
Matt
+2

+2......if not she can be replaced
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2011, 09:18:32 AM »

Does this mean that is he became the Rep Party nominee, you still would not vote for him?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Bill T

• Contributor
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2011, 09:19:53 AM »

Swampman. We agree! I knew we could find common ground. The thing is, I wish Ron Paul was the right guy, but he isn't based on his inability to get elected. I wish he could. Now Hussein is backing the Palestinians. He just lost what few Jew votes he had, if any. Remember, he's "not a Muslim". Yeah, right. This bastard HATES Israel with a passion. He loves the Arabs. Look how he bows to them and "kisses the ring". I pray guys like Ron Paul don't go off and split the vote. This ass hat has to go!   Bill T.

Offline Casull

« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2011, 09:22:19 AM »
Cabin, if he received the nomination, I would certainly vote for him (even though he would lose).  I agree with much of what he says, but I still don't think he can be elected (too much smarts and not enough common sense).
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2011, 09:23:53 AM »
Cabin, if he received the nomination, I would certainly vote for him (even though he would lose).  I agree with much of what he says, but I still don't think he can be elected (too much smarts and not enough common sense).

If I vote (a very big if right now) it will be for whoever gets the Republican nomination.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2011, 09:38:40 AM »
+2.
By far, the best capable of fixing this countries disasters of those who are in the race.

Anyone that thinks Paul is a radical, has lost touch with what this country is about. There is nothing radical about a deep desire to follow our constitution and founding pricipals. That is the highest law of this land and the oath a president takes. Radical, is the opposite. Radical is what many have become so use too, they have either no idea what normal is or simply lost touch with our origins.
+2
If Thomas Jefferson were alive today, those would think he too was a radical.

The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2011, 09:43:04 AM »

Now Hussein is backing the Palestinians. He just lost what few Jew votes he had, if any.

He had plenty and still will get the majority in 2012. All his economics are paying into banks and I presume you know who benefits there.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2011, 09:48:49 AM »

Anyone that thinks Paul is a radical, has lost touch with what this country is about. There is nothing radical about a deep desire to follow our constitution and founding principles. That is the highest law of this land and the oath a president takes. Radical, is the opposite. Radical is what many have become so use too, they have either no idea what normal is or simply lost touch with our origins.

IMO the country( voter) have moved way to the left and have lost their identity with the original makeup  of the USA. That leaves Dr. Paul on the perceived right radical.

Offline Bill T

• Contributor
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2011, 09:54:13 AM »
If I vote (a very big if right now) it will be for whoever gets the Republican nomination.

Swampman, we agree yet again! By the way, we'll be both voting for Romney.  Bill T.