Author Topic: This is particularly disgusting...  (Read 1740 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
This is particularly disgusting...
« on: May 16, 2011, 04:18:43 PM »
..But then, Disney has gone downhill continually for the last few years;

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Disney-SealTrademark/2011/05/16/id/396585
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: This is particularly disgusting...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:14:56 AM »
Never ever ignore something you can make $ with :( 
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 09:42:00 AM »
Just capitalism at its best!
GuzziJohn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 10:20:56 AM »
  It's called "stolen glory"..

Guzzi, you seem to dislike the capitalist system...so what system do you prefer ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 10:49:05 AM »
I don't dislike capitalism at all and it is by far the best economic system out there but it is easy to be used in a corrupt sense and needs to have a close eye watching it. Too many greedy people out there that will use it to run over and screw over whomever they can for personal gain if given the opportunity.
GuzziJohn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »
I agree with much of what you say, but for those who would abuse others by overcharging, poor quality products or slippery dealing, there is one good answer..INFORMATION.  If the news outlets were doing their proper job of informing the public, things would soon be sorted out.
  Problem is, much of the print , audio and electronic media have been advocating, rather than informing.  They advocate for bigger government, thinking that is the answer.  History tells us that the bigger and more redundant the government.. the more corrupt and self-serving it grows !  Competition...with full information, is the best way to straighten things out !

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 04:26:18 PM »
I don't dislike capitalism at all and it is by far the best economic system out there but it is easy to be used in a corrupt sense and needs to have a close eye watching it. Too many greedy people out there that will use it to run over and screw over whomever they can for personal gain if given the opportunity.
GuzziJohn

Actually true capitalism weeds out those who try to sell an inferior product or service. When capitalism is regulated, subsidized and selectively taxed by a government to decide which companies survive or fail then we have a pseudo capitalist system like we have now.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 01:24:07 AM »
Mirage,...#1

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 02:00:38 AM »
Seems like Disney is promtoing the Seals....going to be alot of kids coming along that think they want to be Seals.  Disney is experts in this...they promote the gay lifestyle, too.

Capitalism is secondary, or tertiary.

..TM7

TM;
    That could be true..but they could be leading many youngsters toward much disappointment.  Having friends who are in Special Ops and knowing their backgrounds, i can tell you now, that not everyone who wants to be a SEAL, Ranger, Marine Spec Ops, Special forces, Delta etc...can be one.
   However, if they can get the kids to live a more mentally & physically active, Spartan lifestyle than many do now..they may actyually be doing a good service, whether or not the individual ever makes the Spec Ops grade or not ..

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 09:48:33 AM »
Seems like Disney is promtoing the Seals....going to be alot of kids coming along that think they want to be Seals.  Disney is experts in this...they promote the gay lifestyle, too.

Capitalism is secondary, or tertiary.

..TM7

TM;
    That could be true..but they could be leading many youngsters toward much disappointment.  Having friends who are in Special Ops and knowing their backgrounds, i can tell you now, that not everyone who wants to be a SEAL, Ranger, Marine Spec Ops, Special forces, Delta etc...can be one.
   However, if they can get the kids to live a more mentally & physically active, Spartan lifestyle than many do now..they may actyually be doing a good service, whether or not the individual ever makes the Spec Ops grade or not ..

Any bets on whether we'll see our first gay, lesbian, or trans-gender SEAL before the end of "The War on Terra"?

:P
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 05:06:00 PM »
  As I said, Disney's attempt at "stolen glory"...is totally disgusting and Disney out to back off !

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/25/navy-seals-fights-mickey-mouse-trademark/

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 06:07:35 PM »
totally disgusting
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 03:41:59 AM »
As of yesterday Disney has withdrew its application.
GuzziJohn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 05:32:56 AM »
As of yesterday Disney has withdrew its application.
GuzziJohn
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Pleased to hear that !