Author Topic: Practice, Practice, Practice  (Read 702 times)

Offline Parrott-Cannon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Practice, Practice, Practice
« on: May 17, 2011, 03:32:14 AM »
This is my first practice target for the postal shoot.  It is not a B-17 target, this target is 12 by 12 inches - Range 25 yards.  Shooting a Brooks 69 cal 32 pounder.  11 shots with 0.675 balls and 0.01 lubed patch.  The targeting technique required in the postal shoot requirements requires a great deal of practice but once mastered it is produces very good results.  Here is a picture of the target:

For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security. (Thomas Jefferson)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: Practice, Practice, Practice
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 03:37:45 AM »
Wow!

You did that with out sights? Very good!

Offline keith44

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 06:05:59 AM »
impressive.

still building a shooting platform, and waiting for delivery of suitable roundballs to start shootin' mine.
keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA

Offline Parrott-Cannon

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 06:20:51 AM »
Wow!

You did that with out sights? Very good!

No sights.  Going to try again today to test consistency.
For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security. (Thomas Jefferson)

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 02:29:21 PM »
Parrott-Cannon,
That being the first target that you ever shot with your .69 caliber gun at 75ft, I hereby declare you a natural born ringer. Douglas, old sport, I think that we best start on the yoga lessons as soon as possible, so we can both gain enough flexibility to allow us to kiss our own butts goodbye concerning the 2nd annual miniature cannon competition. :D
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Parrott-Cannon

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 04:45:25 PM »
Protection,
That being the first target that you ever shot with your .69 caliber gun at 75ft, I hereby declare you a natural born ringer. Douglas, old sport, I think that we best start on the yoga lessons as soon as possible, so we can both gain enough flexibility to allow us to kiss our own butts goodbye concerning the 2nd annual miniature cannon competition. :D

Today shooting was not as good 9 out of 11 on the 12 X 12 inch target.  I will post a target picture tomarrow.

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 05:37:02 PM »
That's some fine shooting ! Yikes I ought to start practicing .

Gary
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline Parrott-Cannon

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 10:23:13 AM »
Thank all of you for your positive comments.

Here is a picture of the target from the second day of practice.

Its ok but I guess I need more practice.  2 of the 11 shoot were on a 12 X 12 inch target.  The two near the target center were the first two shots.

Offline keith44

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 11:35:55 AM »
I feel I have a chance now, not that I'm wishing you bad shooting, I just hope to do better.
 ;D
keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA

Offline Parrott-Cannon

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 02:17:25 PM »
I feel I have a chance now, not that I'm wishing you bad shooting, I just hope to do better.
 ;D

Had to order more ammo - then more practice.