Author Topic: Finally. . . . .my 11-87 pic's!!  (Read 2042 times)

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
Finally. . . . .my 11-87 pic's!!
« on: May 20, 2011, 07:21:37 PM »
Finally got some pic's of my 11-87 12 ga. setup for HD.  It started out as an 11-87 Sportsman Synthetic Deer.  I bought the 18.5" Police barrel with rifle sites, fixed improved cylinder choke and parkerized finish, which matches the matte finish great.  It has a Wilson 2 shot magazine extension, jumbo safety and Tac Star 6 shot Sidesaddle.  I'm going to add tritium sites.  I'm still not sure if I'm going to go with rifle or ghost ring sites yet though.

A his and hers pic.  My wife's 870 20 ga. with my 11-87 12 ga.  My wife's 20 ga. LINK

My 11-87, how it started out setup for deer hunting.  21" rifled barrel with a 2-7x33mm Leupold VX-II Shotgun Scope.  It'll shoot 2 1/2 to 3 inch groups at 100 yards off the bench.

NYH1!  ;)
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Re: Finally. . . . .my 11-87 pic's!!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 12:02:51 AM »
Looks good...Does that high comb on your stock make it difficult to see your rifle sites?  Are you thinking of adding a light of some sort to the gun?  Tritium sites are nice but if you can't see your target, doesn't matter how much your sites light up...BTW, I have an XS Big Dot on my HD shotgun...Very nice.  I believe that they make rifle sites as well.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 12:38:02 AM »
Very nice!!!
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 12:03:26 PM »
Looks good...Does that high comb on your stock make it difficult to see your rifle sites?  Are you thinking of adding a light of some sort to the gun?  Tritium sites are nice but if you can't see your target, doesn't matter how much your sites light up...BTW, I have an XS Big Dot on my HD shotgun...Very nice.  I believe that they make rifle sites as well.

Thanks.  No, the monte carlo stock works great.  They usually come on 870 and 11-87's that only come with slug barrels and have iron sights or cantilever scope mounts.  I like them set up like this since I only use the slug barrel with iron sights and cantilever barrel set up.  If I had a slug barrel with iron sights and a vent rib field barrel I'd go with the regular stock.  I'm not sure if I'm going to add a light.  Never really liked them on my guns. 

Not sure which sites I'm going to get.  I've dealt with XS Sight Systems before and their customer service is as good as it gets.  I have their ghost ring sights on my Marlin 336 35 Rem.  I'm not sure if I like the way their tritium rifle sites are set up.  I'm going with Trijicon Tritium Sites on my both my carry guns (G22 and G27).  Their rifle sites for the 870 and 11-87 have the same sight picture as their sights for Glock's.  I like Trijicon's ghost ring site too.  The ghost ring will mount far enough back and still be low enough to be out of the way when I use my cantilever set up.     

Very nice!!!
Thanks!

"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"