Author Topic: May be our last chance to save the nation..  (Read 2947 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
May be our last chance to save the nation..
« on: May 22, 2011, 02:04:24 PM »
   Our nation has been slipping for several years..the last  couple years it has taken a real nose dive, like a duck that was hit square with #4 shot !  Here may well be our last chance..at least with those declared so far..
            Do you want to hear a positive leader, one who can truly inspire people...not just hand them a bunch of BS.  Here I present a couple candidates who are not only inspiring, but tell it straight.  As it stands right now, they are my choice..and either one could lead the ticket...although I lean toward Cain..
  First, Herman Cain "the Herminator"..  Search out his bio and you will find a man who was raised in a God-fearing family, dedicated to HARD WORK !  A long video, just see as much as you wish...  Note..no "string pullers" above him..he uses no teleprompters !
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZDkacOveF0

Then there is Michelle Bachmann..a woman who understands budgets..she raised 5 kids of her own and 23 foster children.. A successful tax lawyer and congress person, she has started and run successful businesses..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxsi4CLH_sw

The Herminator has held various CEO positions.  He was top man at Burger King and moved into Godfather's Pizza to save the company from bankruptcy
    OH! ..And did you notice...Michelle needed no teleprompters either !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
Re: May be our last chance to save the nation..
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 02:10:28 PM »
I like Bachman- plus she is able to get votes in a state that elects liberal morons like wellstone, franken, and dayton. Don't really know that much about Cain but from what i've heard from him, I like, especially what he said about obama without his teleprompter.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 02:20:20 PM »
I like the idea of a businessman, but since over half of the people in this country take but don't contribute to the economy, what we need is a successful day-care operator, not a successful business executive for president. I'm not sure a businessman can run a company when half of the employees want a paycheck for doing nothing.

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 04:38:42 PM »
My two favorites out of the lineup too IG. I just hope we get a decient candidate out of the primaries this time. Here in Wyo the primaries are all over by the time we get to vote.

Offline Mike38

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 05:30:05 PM »
I'm not sure a businessman can run a company when half of the employees want a paycheck for doing nothing.

A good businessman would fire those dead beats that do nothing. That's what we need right now. Get the dead beats off of the entitlements.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 05:53:07 PM »
My two favorites out of the lineup too IG. I just hope we get a decient candidate out of the primaries this time. Here in Wyo the primaries are all over by the time we get to vote.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Bilmac;
  here in rthe state of NY, the major parties have it rigged so one cannot vote in the primaries unless they are registered with one of the two major parties.  I haven't been in a major party for years, so I haven't voted in the primaries in years...
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

One factor Herman figures he has going for him is that he is not a career politician.  As he says,..." Washington is full of career politicians..so how's that working for you lately"?
  Bachmann is a person with decent principles and knows how to budget b etter than most politicians..

I just hope the Republicans don't sudenly "go stupid" and insist on one of their 'moldy oldies' like Romney..but I'm afraid the "establishment" republicans haven't learned a thing since the Dole & McCain fiascos !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 08:31:40 PM »
We have a great choice who has already thrown his hat in the ring.His voting record speaks for itself.
He's pro second amendment, pro life,smaller government, and a  true friend of the tax payer.

Look at the bottom of this page and you'll see who I'm talking about. If we truly want to start a revolution to start to turn this around.......Ron Paul would be a darn good start!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 02:32:19 AM »
>Then there is Michelle Bachmann..a woman who understands budgets....

A woman with first-hand knowledge of welfare.  Her farm got $250,000 in government subsidies/welfare.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 07:57:01 AM »

A woman with first-hand knowledge of welfare.  Her farm got $250,000 in government subsidies/welfare.

You need to get your medication adjusted if you think tax breaks for farmers are the same thing as welfare. I'll type real slow so you can understand- welfare produces fatherless babies while a farm produces food. Not a hard concept really, if you subsidize something, you get more of it, if you tax it you get less of it.

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 10:09:31 AM »
Quote from mirage1988:
ou need to get your medication adjusted if you think tax breaks for farmers are the same thing as welfare.

I tend to agree with you however many on this board see it as welfare, just ask Dee.
GliderJohn

Offline Lost Farmboy

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 10:18:39 AM »
I really believe this is the last chance to save the nation.  It may already be too late. 

Ron Paul is the best choice.  If Herman or Michelle end up with the nomination I will vote for them.  If not I will vote for the Libertarian.  I think Palin is a Trojan horse and the rest are dangerous RINOs.  Looks like Romney the worst RINO of them all will win.  The big money is backing him up like it did for Barack Obama.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline buckmaster_kp

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 10:48:21 AM »
I'm not sure a businessman can run a company when half of the employees want a paycheck for doing nothing.

A good businessman would fire those dead beats that do nothing. That's what we need right now. Get the dead beats off of the entitlements.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 11:21:12 AM »
  A warning to conservative voters;

There is an open seat for congress in New York 26th district..it will be filled tomorrow.  The 26th is a quite conservative district, but a sneaky game is being played here.  We hjave 3 people running to fill the seata;

Kathy Hoechel- Dem..another Obama rubber stamp

Jane Corwin- Rep...pro-life, NRA endorsed

Jack Davis- Ind..Endorsed by a man who CLAIMS he is Tea Party..talks conservative talk, and siphons of the gullible conservatives.

Here's the game; ... 

A couple years, ago there was an open seat in a conservative district in northern NY...I believe, the 23rd.   A very liberal  Democrat did not stand a chance against a great, actual, Tea Party, truly conservative candidate. 
    Now, you have to know NY State's Republican party to understand what a bunch of losers they are....the worst kind of RINOS..
  Instead of taking a sure win, the Republicans choose a woman who could be B Hussein's political twin, instead of endorsing the Tea Party candidate, for a sure win !  Three days before election the ultra liberal Republican, seeing she wo9uld not mnake it ...withdrew...and threw her support to the DEMOCRAT !

The Tea Party candidate would have been a shoo-in, especially with just a little govt support...but the NY City Rinos spoiled it and gave Obama another vote !

Fast forward to today;

Polls here say Hoechel (the Dem) leads Corwin (the Rep) by 4-6 percentage points( must be about 42% Hoechel /38% Corwin)..while Davis has 18% total...just enough to spoil the chance for a conservative voice in congress ! 
             Davis has accepted no interviews for today and has quit running any more costly ads..  HE'S DONE HIS JOB !!

Beware of this game..don't betray yourself by voting for an undercover Dem/spoiler..  One consolation, though a small one; the Reps are getting a dose of their own medicine of a couple years ago.

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 11:54:15 AM »
What about Palin?

Cain/Powell would be a heck of a team. Might make lgm's head explode though.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 12:00:39 PM »
  Obviously not eligible for NY...  Besides; she lives where people usually THINK..before..they vote..

Offline DDZ

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 01:26:45 PM »
Thanks for posting the links IG. I would love to see a man like Cain or a women like Bachmann run. I would vote for either of them. They both are Christians, intelligent, and conservatives.
I really like Cain also. He tells it like it is. I liked his statement when he said "stupid people are ruining America, and liberals objective is to destroy America and make us mediocre". Those statements may sound mean, but its the dang truth. It isn't the fact that he was bashing uninformed people or liberals. He was just stating a fact that many are afraid to say, standing at a podium.
I really don't think a true conservative has much of a chance anymore in this country. I hope and pray that we will get a good conservative elected, but look what America elected last time. I really can't see America electing a Ron Paul, Herman Cain, or a Michelle Bachmann.
The only candidates that seem to appeal to America anymore are the ones that tell us how many goodies they are going to give us, by taking it out of the evil rich guys pockets. America has become spoiled, and loves to hear they are going to get stuff for free. This country is not striving to be America anymore. We are becoming mediocre, just like the rest of the world.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 03:04:32 PM »

You need to get your medication adjusted if you think tax breaks for farmers are the same thing as welfare. I'll type real slow so you can understand- welfare produces fatherless babies while a farm produces food. Not a hard concept really, if you subsidize something, you get more of it, if you tax it you get less of it.
I'll type slowly so you can understand--welfare produces Cadillacs and air conditioned tractors.  Chauffeur driven limousines, too.  Government money for nothing--any kind of nothing--is welfare.

Offline Lost Farmboy

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 03:47:37 PM »
After 30 years of watching the republicans and democrats taking turns dancing with the devil upon the constitution I want real change. 

Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul!  :) :) :)
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline Gary G

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 04:48:51 PM »
Listen to what they say. If they say they will cut spending and balance the budget that is good.
If they say they won't touch medicare, social security or the military, and still balance the budget, they are either a liar or woefully too ignorant to be a president. It simply can't be done.

Ironglow, I think one of the two in your post said such a thing. I am not sure about the other.

Here is a sketch on the projected deficit from last year, but it is worse now than projected (1.6+ T):
http://vimeo.com/18764528
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Gary G

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 05:03:37 PM »

Maybe so, but it is still government largess that must first stolen from the sweat of workers. This was a policy by Roosevelt to buy votes from the farmers. A high percentage of people were farmers then. I agree with junior, it is a form of welfare (taking from some to give to others; redistribution is welfare).
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 05:09:07 PM »

I'll type slowly so you can understand--welfare produces Cadillacs and air conditioned tractors.  Chauffeur driven limousines, too.  Government money for nothing--any kind of nothing--is welfare.

Actually John Deere produces air-conditioned tractors and GM produces caddys, welfare produces nothing.You with your tunnel vision think farmers are evil- try going a couple of days only on the food that YOU grow. I did not say farm subsidies are good, all welfare should be eliminated. Oh but the democrats would squeal like pigs if you pulled the welfare moms from the gov't teat.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 05:24:05 PM »
The topic of farm subsidies is a hard one. Anyone that has ever farmed knows that you are largely at the mercy of the weather and crop prices. I believe that programs like crop insurance are a necessary evil to prevent farmers from going bankrupt from a bad year or two. Paying farmers to leave fields idle and ethanol subsidies are a different thing entirely and need to be eliminated, they are another way of the gov't picking companies to succeed or others to fail.

Still waiting for juniors response on how paying women to make babies is the same as farm subsidies.

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2011, 03:00:59 AM »
The topic of farm subsidies is a hard one. Anyone that has ever farmed knows that you are largely at the mercy of the weather and crop prices. I believe that programs like crop insurance are a necessary evil to prevent farmers from going bankrupt from a bad year or two. Paying farmers to leave fields idle and ethanol subsidies are a different thing entirely and need to be eliminated, they are another way of the gov't picking companies to succeed or others to fail.

Still waiting for juniors response on how paying women to make babies is the same as farm subsidies.
I answered you.  You muct be a slow reader so I'll answer again: Government money for nothing--any kind of nothing--is welfare.  Does a plumber get a subsidy when he has a bad year?  Does a butcher?  A baker? A candlestick maker?  How about loggers?  They're subject to bad years due to weather and timber prices. Heck, they don't even get free government levees around their woods like farmers get around their fields!  I wonder if they get low-interest USDA-backed loans for skidders?  I need to talk to a buddy of mine. He recently paid $1,000,000+ for a skidder!

Offline Shu

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2011, 03:08:44 AM »
Farm subsidies were partially done to encourage crop rotation. Continual planting in one field ruins the soil after awhile. It has possibly grown out of hand, but if you want another great American dustbowl just keep planting.

Several years ago hog farmers killed off alot of thier hogs becuase it cost more to feed them than what they could sell them for. The price we pay for pork sure didn't go down.

Lets all blame the farmer and maybe we can just have a few large government farms. The government can fix anything.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2011, 03:45:05 AM »
Most can survive without a plumber for some time, may be inconvenient and unpleasant but survivable. No farmer, no food, can't survive for long.
GuzziJohn

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2011, 04:25:53 AM »
It's been the "last chance to save our nation" for over 200 years!
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline magooch

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2011, 04:28:55 AM »
Michele Bachmann was asked about the farm subsidy and she said it wasn't her farm; it was a relatives farm that recieved the subsidy.

Of those who are presently on the list of runners, or possible runners, I'll be looking very closely at Bachmann.

By the way,  there are "entitlements" and entitlements--some are earned by years of work and payments, others are granted for reasons that not everyone can agree are legitimate.  I am one who earned those entitlements and I don't feel guilty for receiving them.  I could easily make it without them (Social Security and Medicare), but I'm not stupid. 
Swingem

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2011, 04:42:00 AM »
I think she may be practicing that politician thing by not being totally truthful.  According to several sources she is part owner in the family farm and receives some of the farm payments indirectly. So yes it is not "her farm" but yet she is part of the farm. Why is it so difficult for a politician of any party to be straight forward and totally truthful, especially now a day when it is so easy to find information?
GuzziJohn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2011, 02:47:04 PM »
For Junior;
        There's an old saying " if you are going bananas and nobody else is even excited, perhaps you just don't understand the situation" !  Junior; do you know what farm subsidies are and how they work ?
   Essentially, when government starts meddling in farm production, in order to micromanage farm production, they must convince some farmers NOT to plant/grow certain crops/stock.   In order to do this, they pay them part of the money they would have made...had the govt not interfered.  It's rather like the govt buying futures options in the stock market. 
     Here's a little help;  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agricultural_subsidy

Now here's the thing that can take the painful bunch out of your panties..  Michelle Bachmann was not always Michelle Bachmann, she once was called Michelle Ambler.  Her husband is named Bachmann , so now she is.  The $250K was paid to the Bachmann farm over 10  years.. (1996-2006) ....comes to 25K per year; not a great deal toward a large farm operation.  However, the $250K was paid to the elder Mr Bachmann...not Michelle's husband, but his father !
   The difference between "welfare" paid to farmers, businessmen etc and plain old welfare takers is that somebody like the Bachmanns have probably paid much more into the system than they ever took  out, whereas plain, old  welfare habituals...only take !

Where the deception comes in is when some politician or other big-shot knowingly buys a farm ..with NO INTENTION of farming..but intending simply to suck up taxpayer's funds... 

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2011, 03:28:13 PM »
For Junior;
        There's an old saying " if you are going bananas and nobody else is even excited, perhaps you just don't understand the situation" !  Junior; do you know what farm subsidies are and how they work ?
   Essentially, when government starts meddling in farm production, in order to micromanage farm production, they must convince some farmers NOT to plant/grow certain crops/stock.   In order to do this, they pay them part of the money they would have made...had the govt not interfered.  It's rather like the govt buying futures options in the stock market. 
     Here's a little help;  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agricultural_subsidy

Now here's the thing that can take the painful bunch out of your panties..  Michelle Bachmann was not always Michelle Bachmann, she once was called Michelle Ambler.  Her husband is named Bachmann , so now she is.  The $250K was paid to the Bachmann farm over 10  years.. (1996-2006) ....comes to 25K per year; not a great deal toward a large farm operation.  However, the $250K was paid to the elder Mr Bachmann...not Michelle's husband, but his father !
   The difference between "welfare" paid to farmers, businessmen etc and plain old welfare takers is that somebody like the Bachmanns have probably paid much more into the system than they ever took  out, whereas plain, old  welfare habituals...only take !

Where the deception comes in is when some politician or other big-shot knowingly buys a farm ..with NO INTENTION of farming..but intending simply to suck up taxpayer's funds...
$25,000 a year would buy lots of milk for hungry children.  It bought Michelle Bachmann what?  Car payments???   Furniture??  Welfare for one isn't welfare for another one?  Milk is bad but furniture isn't?