Author Topic: Gun owners better tweak their radar..  (Read 1226 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Gun owners better tweak their radar..
« on: May 25, 2011, 04:57:59 PM »
  We have to watch out for sneak attack...
  http://nation.foxnews.com/guns/2011/05/25/obama-were-working-gun-control-under-radar

Check this out also..   http://hotair.com/archives/2011/05/25/obama-were-working-on-gun-control-under-the-radar/

Next question;
  Is Obama lying to Sarah Brady ?  ..Or has he been lying to gun owners ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: Gun owners better tweak their radar..
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 05:07:27 PM »
OBAMA  IS A DEMOCRAT

most democrats  are for gun control

[yes there are exceptions and a few republicans]

you elect democrats  you get more gun laws
it  is really that simple
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 05:58:43 PM »
No, this is all tin foil hat stuff.  ;)
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 06:24:54 PM »
Do not be so concerned what he does during the daylight hours but be very concerned what he does in the darker hours!!
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 02:55:34 AM »
Do not be so concerned what he does during the daylight hours but be very concerned what he does in the darker hours!!
XXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Right streak..he told Brady confidentially that he was working "under the radar', it was Brady that spilled the beans..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 03:30:56 AM »

Sam Stein
Sam Stein HuffPost Reporting stein@huffingtonpost.com
GET UPDATES FROM Sam
Obama Wades Into Gun Control Debate, Two Months After Tucson, Arizona Shooting

First Posted: 03/13/11 04:33 PM Updated: 03/23/11 09:09 AM
Important
Funny
Typical
Scary
Outrageous
Amazing
Innovative
Finally
Read More: Arizona Shooting, Barack Obama, Gabrielle Giffords, Gabrielle Giffords Shooting, Gun Control, Obama Arizona Shooting, Obama Gun Debate, Obama Gun Policy, Obama Guns, Obama Tucson, Politics News
share this story
Obama Gun Control
Get Politics Alerts
Submit this story
digg reddit stumble

WASHINGTON -- Two months after the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) and 19 others in Tucson, Arizona, President Barack Obama finally waded substantively into the debate over gun-control policy.

In an op-ed so under-the-radar that several gun-control activists said they hadn't been aware of its publication, the president penned a thousand-word piece for the Arizona Daily Star on the need for sensible reforms in second-amendment law.

“I know that every time we try to talk about guns, it can reinforce stark divides. People shout at one another, which makes it impossible to listen. We mire ourselves in stalemate, which makes it impossible to get to where we need to go as a country,” Obama wrote. “However, I believe that if common sense prevails, we can get beyond wedge issues and stale political debates to find a sensible, intelligent way to make the United States of America a safer, stronger place.”

As for practical policy suggestions, Obama had a few: enforce laws already on the books, including proper implementation of the National Instant Criminal Background Check System; push for greater state-to-state coordination; and “make the system faster and nimbler” so that those conducting background checks have the best available data. The president also left open the door for more reforms in the future, saying that this moment should only be the “beginning of a new discussion on how we can keep America safe for all our people.”

It was, in short, a first bite at some low-hanging fruit -- not mentioned in the piece are high-capacity magazines, which allowed the Tucson shooter, Jared Laughner, to get off 30-plus shots without reloading. It also seemed to be a set of policy proposals that the White House didn’t feel all that compelled to promote. Immediately following Tucson, aides to the president had suggested he would be making a high-profile speech on gun policy -- an address that never materialized.

Nevertheless, those in the gun-control activist community were pleased, having waited for Obama to finally put his imprint on the debate.

“Actually, I like this,” emailed Jim Kessler, a former director of policy and research at Americans for Gun Safety. “There will be a knee-jerk reaction among some who will say, “Why no clip ban?” But I think on both substance and political grounds, a high-capacity clip ban is the wrong way to go. There were roughly 12,000 gun homicides last year, and I’ll wager that less than 10 were caused by bullets 11 through 30 in someone’s magazine. The problem is bullets 1, 2, and 3 –- not 11, 12, and 13."

“The Obama focus seems to be on shoring up a background system that is the lynchpin of the nation’s gun laws,” Kessler added. “A better system that more accurately and quickly weeds out ineligible buyers may not be sexy, but it reduces crime. And there seems to be some indication that the president is seeking to expand background checks to some other sales that have been previously exempt –- perhaps gun shows. That’s a heavy lift in Congress, but that’s the right direction.”

An email seeking reaction from the National Rifle Association was not immediately returned.

What is so scary about the above? Seems he is wanting to make moves to reinforce current laws and to make background checks more efficient. The only part that concerns me at this time is "a beginning of a new discussion on how we can keep America safe for all our people." Yes, this needs to be watched closely but I am not yet hitting the panic button.
GuzziJohn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 05:36:06 AM »
Guzzi;

Mucxh parsing and double-speak there.  He could have easily said;
        " Our second amendment is sacrosanct..we have to start cracking heads on the criminals"..

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 05:38:43 AM »
sacrosanct

Ironglow,
I thought I had a pretty good vocabulary but I had to look that one up.  :-[
GuzziJohn

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 07:28:52 AM »
Stick your heads back in the sand-we have been assured repeatedly by liberals on this very forum that Obama is not going to go after the 2nd Amendment, so this story must be completely false
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 08:39:14 AM »
sacrosanct

Ironglow,
I thought I had a pretty good vocabulary but I had to look that one up.  :-[
GuzziJohn
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry; perhaps "graven in stone" would have been better.. :D

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 12:58:25 PM »
And the bad part about this is we have alot people in this administration and congress making these stupid laws who know nothing about guns! It would be interesting to see how many could tell you the difference between a "buttstock and a forearm"!
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline jimster

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 01:55:48 PM »
They have already been sifting through gun records through the Patriot act...listen to the last video...

http://theowlpundit.wordpress.com/2011/05/26/rand-paul-stands-up-against-patriot-act/

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 03:57:46 AM »
The un-Patriot act needs to be flushed down the toilet.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline powderman

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 04:26:16 AM »

The illegal kenyan signed it last night from france with just minutes to spare. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 09:43:02 AM »

The illegal kenyan signed it last night from france with just minutes to spare. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(

I remember he and other foolish Democrats criticizing the Patriot act when Bush was in office (rightfully so) but now that he's in charge the Patriot act is just fine.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 10:04:32 AM »
They have already been sifting through gun records through the Patriot act...listen to the last video...

http://theowlpundit.wordpress.com/2011/05/26/rand-paul-stands-up-against-patriot-act/

I was just reading this article - http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110527/ap_on_go_co/us_patriot_act it looks like the NRA sold us down the river yet again:

Paul agreed to let the bill go forward after he was given a vote on two amendments to rein in government surveillance powers. Both were soundly defeated. The more controversial, an amendment that would have restricted powers to obtain gun records in terrorist investigations, was defeated 85-10 after lawmakers received a letter from the National Rifle Association stating that it was not taking a position on the measure.

Offline powderman

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 12:06:08 PM »
after lawmakers received a letter from the National Rifle Association stating that it was not taking a position on the measure.

First I'd heard of that. Why would the NRA even tell them?? POWDERMAN.  ??? ???
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline jimster

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 01:03:45 PM »
after lawmakers received a letter from the National Rifle Association stating that it was not taking a position on the measure.

That's because the the same thing happened to the NRA that happened to congress...corruption by money and power.
The NRA would have done better over the years to stay out of politics, away from congress, and should have concentrated on what they always used to do best.  Which was not politics.  Unions give money to political parties, so does the NRA, it should leave a bad taste in your mouth no matter who does it.  Now I'm probably going to be blasted for saying what I think about the NRA same as I get blasted for saying what I think about the republican party, but you don't have to as I already know the arguments of the "get what you can" deal, but I find more peace of mind in sticking to what I believe in.  I would rather lose big than compromise my stance on things these days.  I used to fall in the other category, lately I find no comfort there.

If the NRA was worth it's salt,  they would indeed have a position on the Patriot act, in public, almost every day.
Maybe in the next American Rifleman there will be a small article.....cost you 30 bucks and lots of email and letters to get it.  God help you if you try to leave the NRA, you will be bombarded with phone calls and emails for a few years.  Some youngster on the phone might even call you that probably never shot a gun before and ask you if your waiting for your next paycheck to send them the money...they did me.  I gave them money for many years, and stopped...and it was just like cutting off money from a union or government.  A lot of screaming.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 03:26:38 PM »

That's because the the same thing happened to the NRA that happened to congress...corruption by money and power.
The NRA would have done better over the years to stay out of politics, away from congress, and should have concentrated on what they always used to do best.  Which was not politics.  Unions give money to political parties, so does the NRA, it should leave a bad taste in your mouth no matter who does it.  Now I'm probably going to be blasted for saying what I think about the NRA same as I get blasted for saying what I think about the republican party, but you don't have to as I already know the arguments of the "get what you can" deal, but I find more peace of mind in sticking to what I believe in.  I would rather lose big than compromise my stance on things these days.  I used to fall in the other category, lately I find no comfort there.

If the NRA was worth it's salt,  they would indeed have a position on the Patriot act, in public, almost every day.
Maybe in the next American Rifleman there will be a small article.....cost you 30 bucks and lots of email and letters to get it.  God help you if you try to leave the NRA, you will be bombarded with phone calls and emails for a few years.  Some youngster on the phone might even call you that probably never shot a gun before and ask you if your waiting for your next paycheck to send them the money...they did me.  I gave them money for many years, and stopped...and it was just like cutting off money from a union or government.  A lot of screaming.

+1
Let them blast away Jimster!  This was typical of the NRA!
The GOA has been in the news for weeks telling us to call or write our Rep's in DC to get behind Paul. That is internet news! They are not given a voice on the Peoples Republic broadcasting networks.I have received daily email from them concerning this.

Here is the latest from GOA today!

Senate Rejects Efforts to Protect Gun Records from ATF
Friday, 27 May 2011 17:23

The Senate, by an overwhelming 85-10 vote, tabled an amendment by Senator Rand Paul which would have protected 4473’s and other gun records from blanket searches by the ATF under the PATRIOT Act.

A mere 24 hours earlier, Democratic Leader Harry Reid went through parliamentary convolutions in order to prevent a vote on the Paul 4473 amendment, fearing that a vote on his language would have devastating implications for his Democrats running for reelection.

But Reid had some important allies in the Republican leadership. Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and his second-in-command, retiring Senator Jon Kyl (R-AZ), used their “Republican whip” apparatus to mischaracterize the Paul amendment and try to force Republicans to vote against it by spreading misinformation and lies.

For instance, they claimed that had the FBI been investigating the 2009 Fort Hood shooter, and the Paul amendment had been in effect, authorities would not have had the necessary tools under the Patriot Act to conduct an investigation.

But the terrorism legislation was fully in force at the time of the Fort Hood shooting, and did nothing to prevent it! The answer to every government inadequacy is not simply to grant it more power.

Republican leaders also claimed that there was no evidence that the PATRIOT Act has been abused on a “widespread” basis, either in general or with respect to the Second Amendment.

But given that all investigations are SECRET and it is a crime to disclose them, it is hypocritical to argue that we don’t know all the abuses.

Here’s what we do know: First, we know of thousands of illegal phone records which were procured by the FBI.

Second, the Obama administration is pushing to illegally seize 4473-type information through its illegal regulations on multiple semi-auto sales in the Southwest –- a demand which is being made under the rubric of “national security.” This effort to register gun sales along the border just underscores how easily the ATF could use the excuse of “terrorism” to register gun sales across the entire country.

Opponents of the Paul amendment claimed that gun owners are protected under the PATRIOT Act, because a request for gun records must be relevant to a terrorism investigation and must first be approved by the Director of the FBI or a select few high-ranking officials.

But this argument does not address the fact that the standard of “relevance” is a low standard ripe for abuse, and it is not much of an assurance at all when you have an administration (like Obama’s) that is hostile to the Second Amendment.

Reid had one additional ally: the National Rifle Association. In the end, the NRA helped both Democrat and Republican leaders by not taking an "official position" on the bill.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.