Author Topic: Secret Service Prospective?  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Secret Service Prospective?
« on: May 30, 2011, 09:52:34 AM »
Got this in an E-mail from a friend.  Not 100% sure of it's accuracy, but will let you decide.  I will say what is said here about the Reagan s, the Clinton s, and Al Gore, is the same that I heard while living in DC.  I lived in quarters on Bolling AFB where many of active duty White House staff lived.  We talked a lot about the different presidents and how they treated the staff.  I worked on Nixon's staff back in the early 70s, and I have to agree with what was said about him as well.  Here it is, you decide.

Reading a book about the Secret Service  where they reveal an awful lot about the presidents and Vice  Presidents...very interesting..recap thus far:

JFK and LBJ = Philanderers of the highest order.both kept a lot of women in  White House for affairs. Both set up "early warning" systems for if  and when their wives were nearby. Total immoral men. In addition,    LBJ was as  crude as the day is long.

Nixon = Weird, moral man but very odd and weird. Paranoid etc.  horrible  relationship with his family, almost a recluse.

Agnew = nice, decent man, everyone was surprised at his downfall.

Ford = A true gentlemen who treated them with respect and dignity

Jimmy Carter = A complete phony who would portray one picture of himself to  public and very different in private. I.E. Would be shown carrying his own  luggage, suit cases were always empty, he kept empty ones just for photo  ops. Wanted the people to see him as pious and a non drinker, he and family  drank alcohol a lot. Had disdain for the Secret Service, and was very  irresponsible with the "football" nuclear codes. Didn't think it was a big  deal and would keep military aides at a great distance. Would never  acknowledge military or Secret service they were there to serve him.

Ronald Reagan = The real deal. Moral, Honest, respectful and dignified.
Treated Secret Service and everyone else with respect and honor. Would  always thank everyone all the time. He took the time to know everyone on a  personal level One story was early on in Presidency the President came out  of his room with a side arm attached to his hip. The Agent in charge said  "Why the pistol Mr. President." Ronald Reagan replied, "In case you boys  can't get the job done, I can help." It was common for him to carry a  pistol. People do not know that when he met with Gorbachev, he had a pistol  in his briefcase. Upon learning that Gary Hart was caught with Donna Rice
during the election Ronald Reagan said, "Boys will be boys, but boys will  not be President"

Nancy Reagan = Very nice but very protective of the President..the Secret  Service was always caught in the middle. Nancy would try to control what the  President ate all the time (healthy) and he would say to the Agents "come on  you gotta help me out." The Reagans rarely drank alcohol. Secret Service  said they could count on one hand the times the Reagans were served alcohol  other than wine during dinner. They made the comment for all the fake  bluster of the Carters it was the Reagans who lived life as genuinely moral
people.

George and Barbara Bush = Extremely kind and considerate. Always respectful.
Took great care in making sure the agents comforts were taken care of. They  would bring them meals etc. One time Barbara Bush brought warm clothes to  agents standing outside a  kennebunkport . One agent who was given a warm hat  tried to nicely say no thanks when he was obviously freezing and President
Bush said "Son, don't argue with the first lady, put the hat on."

Bill Clinton = Presidency was one giant party. Not trustworthy, he was nice  because he wanted everyone to like him but life is just one big game and  party to him

Hillary Clinton = Another phony. Personality would change the instant  cameras were near. She hated with open disdain the military and Secret   Service. Again another one who felt people are there to serve her She was  always trying to keep tabs on Bill Clinton ..

Al Gore = An egotistical ass who was once overheard by his Secret Service  detail when he told his son he needed to do better in school or he "would  end up like these guys" and pointed to the agents.

G W Bush = They loved him and Laura Bush. They said no one is a nicer person  than Laura Bush who never has a harsh word to say about anyone. The Bush's  went out of their way to take care of the Secret Service and made sure they  were well cared for with meals and other comforts. GW was the most prompt of   the Presidents. He ran like a well oiled machine. He was also the most in  shape who had a very strict work out regimen. The Bush's made sure their
entire administration understood to respect and be considerate of the Secret  Service. Karl Rove was the one who was the most caring of the Secret Service  in the administration

Barack Obama - Clintons over again - hates the military and looks down on  the Secret Service. Michele another Al Gore - An egotistical ass.

Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Secret Service Prospective?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 11:05:04 AM »
SOURDOUGH. Thanks for the post and just what I'd read elsewhere. No lefty spin to that. Wonder why hillary kept an eye on billy bob?? POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Stillkickin

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 04:06:43 PM »
Wonder why hillary kept an eye on billy bob?? POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

Because she knew he was her meal ticket and she played him like a gold digging fiddle.  Without having married slick willie, she'd be a divorce lawyer litigating custody cases back in Arkansas.

Offline GatCat

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 09:22:48 PM »
I've heard/read snippets from one of the books written by former Secret Service agent. One thing that stuck in my mind was that the Carters would not allow agents to eat "left over" food after a function, it all got thrown away. I am looking forward to what is written about the Obama's once they are out of the White House.
I've always heard the agents really liked the Reagans, both Bush's, and Ford. Strange, isn't it, how one party seems to have a lock on genuine "niceness", away from the camera and press corps.
Mark

Offline powderman

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 05:44:52 AM »
What a nightmare it would be to be assigned to the obamas or hillary. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 05:53:29 AM »
This information looks fabricated. I don't believe it.

Offline magooch

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 06:20:17 AM »
All of this reinforces what psychologists--if they are honest--would have to conclude--that liberalism is a mental disorder that is manifested in ones personality and treatment of others.  The complete analysis is a little bit more complicated.    A closer look would show that those who call themselves liberals, or more likely "progressives", only do so, because it's a means to an end.  Their goal is to be in power and be able to dictate how everyone else will behave.  They of course, though, are the elite and can set their own parameters.
Swingem

Offline powderman

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 06:45:42 AM »
All of this reinforces what psychologists--if they are honest--would have to conclude--that liberalism is a mental disorder that is manifest in ones personality and treatment of others.  The complete analysis is a little bit more complicated.    A closer look would show that those who call themselves liberals, or more likely "progressives", only do so, because it's a means to an end.  Their goal is to be in power and be able to dictate how everyone else will behave.  They of course, though, are the elite and can set their own parameters.

MAGOOCH. BINGO. Liberalism is indeed a mental disorder. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 08:27:59 AM »
An interesting read, but probably bogus. A member of my family has had reason to interact a few times with Dubya, and thinks highly of him - that's all the personal experience I can give.

I think the right-up is bogus. Seems to be part of the right-wing dogma that liberals are disrespectful and hate the military. Maybe that's one reason they so dislike JC - he was an Annapolis grad and a career officer (derailed by family death) and that throws the narrative off.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline magooch

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 04:07:24 AM »
I don't think there is any doubt that the Kennedys were habitual cheaters, nor that B. J. Clinton was a horn dog.  Anyone who doesn't know that Nixon was paranoid, or that Johnson was a nutjob, just wasn't paying attention.  The present occupant of the White House at least has been able to keep his nose clean with regard to his family issues and probably for good reason.  I think Michelle could take him in a street fight.

The rest of our recent Presidents were under very close scrutiny by the liberal media and you can bet that there isn't much about their behavior that hasn't been revealed.
Swingem

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 06:45:43 AM »
I don't think there is any doubt that the Kennedys were habitual cheaters, nor that B. J. Clinton was a horn dog.  Anyone who doesn't know that Nixon was paranoid, or that Johnson was a nutjob, just wasn't paying attention.  The present occupant of the White House at least has been able to keep his nose clean with regard to his family issues and probably for good reason.  I think Michelle could take him in a street fight.

The rest of our recent Presidents were under very close scrutiny by the liberal media and you can bet that there isn't much about their behavior that hasn't been revealed.
Oh, everyone is a mix... I've been a horndog, paranioid, maybe a nutjob (back in my fundamentalist right-wingnut days) and Jesus still loves me (I hope).

Give JFK credit, though; he might have been a cheater, but he loved his country and was a good PT officer. And by today's standards, hi might be a semi-conservative.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline no guns here

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 06:56:17 AM »
Ronald Reagan = The real deal. Moral, Honest, respectful and dignified.
Treated Secret Service and everyone else with respect and honor. Would  always thank everyone all the time. He took the time to know everyone on a  personal level One story was early on in Presidency the President came out  of his room with a side arm attached to his hip. The Agent in charge said  "Why the pistol Mr. President." Ronald Reagan replied, "In case you boys  can't get the job done, I can help." It was common for him to carry a  pistol. People do not know that when he met with Gorbachev, he had a pistol  in his briefcase. Upon learning that Gary Hart was caught with Donna Rice
during the election Ronald Reagan said, "Boys will be boys, but boys will  not be President"

Nancy Reagan = Very nice but very protective of the President..the Secret  Service was always caught in the middle. Nancy would try to control what the  President ate all the time (healthy) and he would say to the Agents "come on  you gotta help me out." The Reagans rarely drank alcohol. Secret Service  said they could count on one hand the times the Reagans were served alcohol  other than wine during dinner. They made the comment for all the fake  bluster of the Carters it was the Reagans who lived life as genuinely moral
people.

George and Barbara Bush = Extremely kind and considerate. Always respectful.
Took great care in making sure the agents comforts were taken care of. They  would bring them meals etc. One time Barbara Bush brought warm clothes to  agents standing outside a  kennebunkport . One agent who was given a warm hat  tried to nicely say no thanks when he was obviously freezing and President
Bush said "Son, don't argue with the first lady, put the hat on."

Bill Clinton = Presidency was one giant party. Not trustworthy, he was nice  because he wanted everyone to like him but life is just one big game and  party to him

Hillary Clinton = Another phony. Personality would change the instant  cameras were near. She hated with open disdain the military and Secret   Service. Again another one who felt people are there to serve her She was  always trying to keep tabs on Bill Clinton ..

I was stationed at the White House Communications Agency from 88-94, part of Reagan, all of Bush and part of Clinton.  I verify from my own experience that what was written in the quote above is true and accurate.  Reagan was very personable and really wanted to know the folks who were supporting him, especially at his ranch.  The Bush's were very friendly and genuine.  Clinton (especially the Mrs.) had no use for those people who supported the office of the President.  Bill was friendly enough but was obviously faking it.  Their staff's were especially hateful to the military and USSS.  Brings up a bunch of good memories and some really sucky ones too.

NGH
"I feared for my life!"