Author Topic: bushnell came through  (Read 862 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
bushnell came through
« on: May 31, 2011, 11:06:05 AM »
it took some real serious fighting but they sent me a check for 199 bucks today for the 4200.   http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?topic=233063.0
blue lives matter

Offline yooper77

• Trade Count: (33)
Re: bushnell came through
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 11:12:40 AM »
it took some real serious fighting but they sent me a check for 199 bucks today for the 4200.   http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?topic=233063.0

Awesome, now cash it fast and bank it.

yooper77

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 02:54:18 PM »
Well Lloyd I'm glad you got reimbursed but if it were me I'd still have a bad taste in my mouth if I had to fight for it. There are too many companies that do the right thing just because it's the right thing to do.  ;)

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline Empty Quiver

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 07:01:24 PM »
That will go a long ways towards a new Leupold.

Makes you wonder why they want to fight with a guy so dang hard. How many rifle owners stop at just one? Seems every rifle I buy has to have a scope.

I sent a scope to Leupold for a tight power adj ring. They took it apart checked it over and sent it back. A note that basically said it was a bit tight but within tolerances, but we loosened it up anyway. They went ahead and did what I asked. Didn't look for excuses to get out of working on it. Now I have three Leupolds, I am not kidding when I say that first experience got them the last sale directly, they won the toss up with a Zeiss. $100 hard to find dollars and their service made the difference.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 01:12:08 AM »
hard to figure out bushnell to me. They could have just given me a new scope that probably cost them 25  bucks but they refused to do that but gave me 199 bucks back which was the cost of the scope new. Got to wonder how they can stay in bussiness with a mentality like that. Oh well im not to worried about it as ive  probably bought my last busnell product.
blue lives matter

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 02:53:29 AM »
Welcome to the "X bushnell owners club". I'm a proud member, in good standing. Not only did I refuse to ever buy another bushnell product, after my bad experience, but I sold the other 10 or so that I already did own. And freely share the story with all who will listen.  :o 

Somehow though I don't think your quite that committed Lloyd.  :)

Regards,
Byron

NRA LIFE

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 08:47:45 AM »
I have been treated very well by Bushnell Customer Service over the years.    :) Many years back I slide down an ice slope after falling.  The top turret on the scope bent up, was the accident the fault of Bushnell, absolutely not. 

I called Bushnell and they told me to send the scope in so they could look at it.  In a couple weeks the scope was returned repaired with a few goodies.  I was very pleased.

Fast forward to the Spring of 2010.  I dropped my 20 X spotting scope and busted the front and rear lens cap on my 37 year-old scope.  I called Bushnell Customer Service and asked if they had the caps and a eye piece stronger then 20X.  They told me that if I would send the scope in they would check their parts bin with components for older products to see if they could met my needs.  I knew the scope was long out of warranty.  The scope is a favorite because of its weight for backpack hunting.

Bushnell returned the spotting scope to me at no cost and a note offering a discount on a new Spacemaster Scope.  The discount was approximately 60% what made the scope affordable, and it had features my old scope did not have, a 15x to 45X eye piece, fog proof, and Rainguard finish on the lens.  It came with a pack and tripod.  The new scope is what my old eyes need at the range and I have the old scope to carry in my daypack when out hunting.

I make a lot fewer trips out to the targets butts now; I just focus and count the holes.

While I had customer service on the phone I told them I had broken the screw that holds the cap on the turret of a Banner with BDC.  The customer service lady said that was an easy fix.  All I needed to do was heat a screw driver and place the tip on the broke screw, let it sink in, cool and twist out.  I ordered a couple of screws and the scope is back in service.

During the same call the subject of a discount on a new scope came up.  She told me that if I had a model in mine I could get a discount.  I ordered an Elite 3200 3x9 scope.  I received a 25% discount less then lowest price offered on the net from the discount sellers.

I like the Elite 3200 and my Remington 700 which has spent most of the last 30 years locked away.  In its old mode it has resulted in a deer on 66% of the hunts was carried and scoped 100% on shots fired.  The rifle might push other rifles out of the way.  A couple weeks ago I was shooting Hornady SST at the range and the 700 was cutting small groups. And the Spacemaster Spotting scopes was paying for itself.  The addition of a Timney trigger was a help and was easy to install.  The rifle might become a range darling if California keeps increasing the price of license and tags.

I have scopes from other manufactures and I am happy with the scopes in the field but I have not slide down an icy slope on their product. 8)

There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 02:13:14 AM »
Ive got one 3200 left on an 06 and wouldnt take it off because i just dont feel like resighting it with another scope. To many other things to do. Other then that the only bushenell scopes ive have left are a few of the old scopecheifs in 1.5x4 and 2.5x8 and back in the day these were some of the best glass on the market. There classic old scopes on classic old rifles so they wont be sold either. No new ones will be bought though. Had a bushnell rangefinder for a back up to my nikon and gave that to a buddy. Dirty crime to get soured like this as the elite scopes are a good bang for the buck but for the same price i can buy a comparable nikon or leupold and be treated like a valued customer rather then some *** on there boots.
Welcome to the "X bushnell owners club". I'm a proud member, in good standing. Not only did I refuse to ever buy another bushnell product, after my bad experience, but I sold the other 10 or so that I already did own. And freely share the story with all who will listen.  :o 

Somehow though I don't think your quite that committed Lloyd.  :)

Regards,
blue lives matter

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 04:47:27 AM »
I really like the 3200 & 4200 and I'll keep using them.  For the money nothing else is even close.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 05:31:31 AM »
I agree on the old bushnell scopechiefs, they were great rifle scopes in their day. Pity we are dealing with a different bushnell now days.   ;)

Regards,
Byron

NRA LIFE

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 09:35:29 AM »
I have to say Bushnell has treated me right.  I own 12 to 15 Bushnell Rifle scopes, (haven't counted lately) four pistol scopes, 1 Range Finder, and two spotting scopes.  Over the years I have had horses fall or 4-wheelers roll and damage scopes.  Sent them back and in every case they either repaired them or replaced them with an upgrade, since they no longer made that model.  I only had to pay shipping.  I had no complaints with the upgrades. 

I had my 25 year old spotting scope go into a river along with the rest of my gear.  When we pulled it all out the spotting scope was full of muddy water.  I bought a second Bushnell spotting scope to be able to go on a hunt.  After the hunt I got to thinking about the old waterlogged one, so I returned it to Bushnell with and explanation of what had happened.  They called me and said they would have to charge me labor to repair it.  I told them to go ahead.  Cost was around $40.00.  OK with me.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline godale

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 07:02:01 AM »
thought i would chime in. i have used many bushnell products scopes,biinoculars and a range finder and have been very satisfied for the money. i have 4 banners ana all work ver well i noticed the 4x12x40 was hard for my eyes at 200 yards and i replaced it with a 3200 in same size almost got a buckmaster but with the discount from natchez it was the same price as the nikon,the rainguard was the deciding factor. after 60 rounds i am very satisfied should have checked the elites out sooner. did by a ised 6x18x50 banner used on another forum and it is basically junk. i think that  was my mistake for buying used and not looking at it or one first hand first